2019-2020 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kinda freaking out here but is tabs a guaranteed acceptance? If so, how long did it take you guys to go from tabs to the acceptance email?
Yes it is. The email will he sent at 605, congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got off the wailtlist, OOS! Right after making this account for reapplication purposes haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what ‘case-by-case’ means for this school accepting international students? Thinking about applying this cycle.

How long does it take for the choose your med school tool to appear on AMCAS when you've been accepted off the waitlist? I'm still not seeing it after two days

Does anyone know what ‘case-by-case’ means for this school accepting international students? Thinking about applying this cycle.
It means every international student is not eligible to apply. And that eligibility is determined for each individual.

How long does it take for the choose your med school tool to appear on AMCAS when you've been accepted off the waitlist? I'm still not seeing it after two days
It is not automatic. VCU has to add you to some list and email the AAMC. Two days is nothing :) take a breath, enjoy the acceptance and congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
It means every international student is not eligible to apply. And that eligibility is determined for each individual.

I was thinking more towards what the exact criteria are. Cannot find it on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking more towards what the exact criteria are. Cannot find it on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think there is exact criteria (I could be mistaken). I was under the impression you submit your stuff and then they determine it? I would give them a call or shoot them an email tomorrow (since today is a holiday).

Is VCU HP/P/F for all four years? Or are there letter grades for the 3rd and 4th years?

Just a heads up for everyone since it was pretty hidden (at least for me), the deadline to order your white coat is June 5!

I'm assuming it's a soft deadline because they definitely take people off the WL after that date but good to stay on top of stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the white coat form, it asks for "Please specify how you would like your name embroidered:"

Is that just asking for your name/whether you want a diff name on your coat?

On the white coat form, it asks for "Please specify how you would like your name embroidered:"

Is that just asking for your name/whether you want a diff name on your coat?
Yeah - so like if you wanted your middle initial on your coat, or like to be clear about a hyphenated last name I guess...?

Does anyone know if financial aid packages have been given out yet?
I haven't gotten mine yet. I also loafed on reading through the entire financial aid checklist they have, so if you haven't done that, take a look at it. I felt dumb not having done it until this week

I'm not applying for any financial aid, but I'm wondering when we actually pay the tuition? I'm guessing it's once everyone has their financial aid packages?

I'm not applying for any financial aid, but I'm wondering when we actually pay the tuition? I'm guessing it's once everyone has their financial aid packages?
I believe it’s a few weeks after the semester starts
Yeah - so like if you wanted your middle initial on your coat, or like to be clear about a hyphenated last name I guess...?
correct. Or if your name is Robert but you go by Bob

Am i the only one who feels like waitlist movement Is significantly less than they stated?

Reactions: 3 users
What is the Commit to Enroll deadline for VCU?

anyone IS gotten off yet!? still hoping and praying lmao

Does anyone know whether there is a drug screen/test at vcu?

• Haha
Does anyone know how long it takes after we’ve been accepted to receive our financial aid package?

Just gave up my spot. Was a tough call.

Ya'll enjoy.

Reactions: 4 users
So should i have any hope left for this waitlist? Trying to make plans for other options with this unknown is pretty wild

So should i have any hope left for this waitlist? Trying to make plans for other options with this unknown is pretty wild

Hope? Yes. But realistically there's not a huge chance at this point in the cycle. Even though schools accept off of WL up till first day of class, WL movement is largely slowed (at least at most schools).

The next biggest movement will likely be after the CTE date in July.

There’s probably a few acceptances that are being shuffled through the waitlist rn. It just takes a long time because once admissions notifies an applicant that they have gotten off the wait list the applicant has about a week to decide. If they decline, the next person still gets a week or so. I think after CTE date that week is shortened but not sure by how much.

The next biggest movement will likely be after the CTE date in July.

There’s probably a few acceptances that are being shuffled through the waitlist rn. It just takes a long time because once admissions notifies an applicant that they have gotten off the wait list the applicant has about a week to decide. If they decline, the next person still gets a week or so. I think after CTE date that week is shortened but not sure by how much.
And just to put this in context there wasn’t much movement after CTE date last year.

What does the commit to enroll date mean? If the date is July 7, when do I have to commit by? Is it before July 7 like on July 6 at 11:59, is it by business hours on July 7 or July 7 at 11:59 pm?

What does the commit to enroll date mean? If the date is July 7, when do I have to commit by? Is it before July 7 like on July 6 at 11:59, is it by business hours on July 7 or July 7 at 11:59 pm?
For VCU, the CTE date means you need to change your AMCAS status to commit by 11:59pm on July 7th.

Any one got any merit based scholarship here at VCU? Not a need based aid or subsidized or unsubsidized federal loans. Want to know if VCU gave out any merit based (thru GPA and MCAT or any other academic credential one brings) scholarships, irrespective of not qualifying thru FAFSA or CSS profile thru financial disclosures.

Any one got any merit based scholarship here at VCU? Not a need based aid or subsidized or unsubsidized federal loans. Want to know if VCU gave out any merit based (thru GPA and MCAT or any other academic credential one brings) scholarships, irrespective of not qualifying thru FAFSA or CSS profile thru financial disclosures.

Hi! I received merit aid