2019-2020 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. I mean it is so late in the cycle now so I think we all do not stand a chance as they only have two months left and then they will not send out anymore interview invites. Which means, they are reviewing applications that were submitted and complete after us! :( I heard this from the admissions coordinator of TCOM saying that they will be giving interview invites until December 2019 and then no more. So we have exactly two months.
This makes sense since you have to submit your Match rank order by Jan 17. Also, you have 3 months (October, November, December). Good luck to those waiting for an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. I mean it is so late in the cycle now so I think we all do not stand a chance as they only have two months left and then they will not send out anymore interview invites. Which means, they are reviewing applications that were submitted and complete after us! :( I heard this from the admissions coordinator of TCOM saying that they will be giving interview invites until December 2019 and then no more. So we have exactly two months.

I got interviewed late November and accepted 2nd week of December. My stats weren't special either, so there's hope.

Reactions: 1 users

Stay optimistic, we still have almost half of the cycle remaining!

Members don't see this ad :)
Receiver II today, earliest date is October 29th.

Is TCOM open for ITA as an OOS? I submitted my primary 2 weeks ago.

I interviewed over a week ago, and I do not have TCOM listed on my "School Ranked Preference" on TMDSAS yet. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

What was your MCAT? -- if you don't mind me asking

Bad, below average, many retakes. My application wasn't about the numbers, was bottom 10% for all my gpas/mcat. Goes to show that extracurriculars, interviews, personal statement, and LOR matters. I had zero problems in school and boards so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know what was served for lunch and breakfast? I'm really looking forward to interviewing here this week!

Does anyone know what was served for lunch and breakfast? I'm really looking forward to interviewing here this week!
They had coffee, bagels, fruit, and muffins for breakfast. Taco bowls for lunch. Have fun interviewing! The whole interview day is laid back and students were friendly. The MMIs were very conversational.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today!

II today! I just checked the portal and saw the interview invite. I have not received an email from them yet but the portal states it takes up to 5 days for the II email to be sent. So, check portals!

II today! I just checked the portal and saw the interview invite. I have not received an email from them yet but the portal states it takes up to 5 days for the II email to be sent. So, check portals!

LMAO, now anxious premeds will be checking their TCOM portals daily! I’ll admit to checking myself just now haha, but will wait for an email from here on out.

Reactions: 3 users
That’s how it was for me, they changed my portal on 8/10 but didn’t actually send the interview email for like 3-4 days lol

Reactions: 1 user
LMAO, now anxious premeds will be checking their TCOM portals daily! I’ll admit to checking myself just now haha, but will wait for an email from here on out.

Lol I already check all of my portals almost daily anyway

Man I was really hoping for a II here, LM 70 MCAT 513 CGPA 3.73 in state. Complete since 7/20 but I haven't heard anything. Any hope left?

It is hard to predict, as I know that the interview dates are In November right now. All you can do is wait.

Why to both TCOM and TCU have "UNTHSC" included in their programs's names?

They are on located on the same campus and part of the UNTHSC system. I think TCU had to include UNTHSC in the name because of funding or campus, not completely sure though. It was a partnership between the two institutions, TCU and UNTHSC.

Does anyone remember the admission statistics they showed during the presentation on interview day?

They are on located on the same campus and part of the UNTHSC system. I think TCU had to include UNTHSC in the name because of funding or campus, not completely sure though. It was a partnership between the two institutions, TCU and UNTHSC.

This is pretty correct.

In reality, the TCU school is just kind of “there” while TCOM is truly a part of UNTHSC.

For those of us that interviewed 10/1, you really think they'll make us wait 6+ weeks to find out? This anticipation is killing me. I'm going to find out from other schools shortly, but TCOM is and has always been my #1.

For those of us that interviewed 10/1, you really think they'll make us wait 6+ weeks to find out? This anticipation is killing me. I'm going to find out from other schools shortly, but TCOM is and has always been my #1.
Did they say you’d have to wait 6 weeks? I interviewed 10/08 and they said don’t expect a prematch on 10/15, as it typically takes at least 3-4 weeks to review an app. They told us they’ll be offering acceptances throughout the pre-match season

It's crazy how much the admissions stats have jumped in just one year

Congratulations everyone! I’m so happy for you all, and maybe I’ll see you in TCOM 2024!

I feel like they didn’t prematch many

Dumb question, how do you know if you prematched? Will the application status on the UNT portal say prematched?

Congratulations to everyone receiving a pre-match!

Are pre-matches given out on a rolling basis today? Or should I move on and wait for the next batch?

It seems like last year, there were three batches sent out.