2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I sent updates/LOI to Lindsey's email last week and havent gotten a response lol. Should I be concerned?
I sent an update and it took about a week to hear back, I wouldn’t be concerned yet. I am wondering if I should call and say how interested I am because I didn’t do a formal letter of intent I just sent an update and how I felt about the school in an email. If anyone has some advice please lmk, getting nervous lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent an update and it took about a week to hear back, I wouldn’t be concerned yet. I am wondering if I should call and say how interested I am because I didn’t do a formal letter of intent I just sent an update and how I felt about the school in an email. If anyone has some advice please lmk, getting nervous lol
Yah she ended up responding earlier today haha. I did what you did regarding messaging format. She did tell us during interview day to just shoot her updates via email, so I'm assuming its okay??

Imo, I would just chill unless you have something else to update since you've already told her how you felt about the school. I wouldnt want to come off as repetitive. Maybe attend some more events they host?

Does anyone think the current outbreak and closures/social distancing will impact the remainder of the application cycle, especially with respect to interviews? I don't want to email to ask and risk annoying anyone, but I was curious if those who haven't interviewed at this point should be worried. Thanks! Stay well out there!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think the current outbreak and closures/social distancing will impact the remainder of the application cycle, especially with respect to interviews? I don't want to email to ask and risk annoying anyone, but I was curious if those who haven't interviewed at this point should be worried. Thanks! Stay well out there!
I submitted updates and a LOI yesterday. Lindsey replied stating that due to COVID-19 they are having delays in their admission process. They are trying to "forge ahead, but some things are out of our control." That being said, I'm not sure how that will affect those who have not interviewed.

Might have been a tad dramatic to say I don't recommend OSU anymore. HOWEVER, the school has handled this very poorly, as I highlight below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the way OSU has handled the COVID-19 crisis and it's refusal to protect and work with its students, I can no longer recommend OSU to any applicant.

Can you elaborate? I can only find that they temporarily converted classes to an online format.

Due to the way OSU has handled the COVID-19 crisis and it's refusal to protect and work with its students, I can no longer recommend OSU to any applicant.

I don’t think OSU did much differently that most schools tbh. Going to have to disagree with my friend. We were on the same timeline as a lot of my buddies MD schools. Most schools and people did not know how to handle this at it showed

Can you elaborate? I can only find that they temporarily converted classes to an online format.

They are not implementing any official policies on which patients students are allowed to see, instead are leaving it up to "individual sites," and whether or not a site has enough PPE for the students does not matter, students are still expected to rotate at that site.

Additionally, they are acting in direct contradiction to the most recent recommendations for medical students given by the AAMC, which the majority of schools in the country (MD and DO) are currently following. I disagree with my friend above, OSU is way behind on this.

Edit: Now AACOM and COCA have made the same recommendation as the AAMC, to pull all students at least for the next two weeks and give us time to prepare and understand what the next steps are for medical education.

For reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is OSU still conducting interviews or is everything on hold with the corona virus situation? Been on the WL since January so I'm starting to think its a soft R, but not really sure how their timeline works...

Is OSU still conducting interviews or is everything on hold with the corona virus situation? Been on the WL since January so I'm starting to think its a soft R, but not really sure how their timeline works...
OSU extended their interview season and are working on ways to handle things electronically as best they can. I can't guarantee anything for your specific case, but generally OSU holds a significant number of their spots open until they have finished all interviews. Someone in my class got off the waitlist 2 weeks before classes started.

Reactions: 3 users
Called off the waitlist earlier today! Super excited to begin my medical education at OSU this fall!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For next cycle, from OSU. "OSU-COM will accept P/NP on their transcripts for the upcoming application cycle. The only time there would be a problem is if the applicant did not pass a prerequisite course. At this time, I am not aware of how classes taken online during the summer or spring will affect admissions. If the admissions team lets me know otherwise, I will let you know."

Do we think more people will start being pulled off the waitlist at the end of April?

Do we think more people will start being pulled off the waitlist at the end of April?
I know they have extended their interview's through April via Telecommunication. That being said, I know of a few individuals who have been pulled off the wait-list the last few weeks so stay optimistic!

I emailed Lindsey this morning and gave up my spot.
I've decided to go to OU-SCM, so there's a good chance that I'll get to interact with y'all next year though!

If you were waitlisted or rejected, good luck and don't give up!!
Wish you well :)

Reactions: 6 users
I wonder how all of this COVID-19 will affect our white coat ceremony and starting up classes... :lame:

I wonder how all of this COVID-19 will affect our white coat ceremony and starting up classes... :lame:
I’m not sure about the white coat ceremony, but if things do not improve I was told contingencies are in place so that classes will start on time. All online of course, but the start date will not change.

Haven't heard anything from OSU-COM all cycle, should I assume this as a silent rejection? Thank you.

Haven't heard anything from OSU-COM all cycle, should I assume this as a silent rejection? Thank you.
Last year they sent me a rejection email in May. So I assume you have at least some chance depending on how far back they’ve pushed the rest of interviews due to COVID.

Received a call last week from admissions office extending an offer for the guaranteed admission program and I took the offer over the phone. They had me apply online to the graduate school as a formality and waived my application fee! I'm really excited to be in Tulsa and start classes this summer!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got pulled off the waitlist!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi all, wanted to see if anyone's been accepted into the Bridge program?

Guys, I just got the call today!!!! I'm so excited y'all. Can't wait to continue this journey with you guys!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got the call on Friday about being pulled off the waitlist for the Tahlequah campus!
.... if anyone else will be on that campus (or Tulsa too) please reach out! trying to figure out housing locations.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Gave up my seat, so hopefully one you of deserving waitlist peeps get the call soon! An incredible school with great people. Was hard to say no to! Best of luck to everyone in here starting school this fall!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off of the waitlist, gave my spot up, hardest no I have ever had to say. Goodluck to whoever gets it! OSUCOM is an amazing school, with amazing people.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Excited to be in Tulsa next year!

Reactions: 7 users
I have been admitted here and I have a question for current students. I saw they estimate $2000 per semester for books. How much do you really have to spend on books?

I have been admitted here and I have a question for current students. I saw they estimate $2000 per semester for books. How much do you really have to spend on books?
I was informed by current students that you don’t really need to purchase any outside resources. A lot of the material you’ll need is passed down from upperclassmen or available in the library.

They automatically take it out of your loan money.

They automatically take it out of your loan money.
I see. So they budget $2000 per semester, but then they take out some portion of that to cover your books...and then give you the rest (assuming you accept the full amount of loans offered)? In that case, I'm mainly curious about the actual $ amount they take, or at least an estimate. Is it really close to $2000/semester?

I see. So they budget $2000 per semester, but then they take out some portion of that to cover your books...and then give you the rest (assuming you accept the full amount of loans offered)? In that case, I'm mainly curious about the actual $ amount they take, or at least an estimate. Is it really close to $2000/semester?

There is a whole list of fees they take out each semester on top of tuition. The only money you see is the money allocated for COL. I think the 2000 for books is just given the first semester if I remember correctly, I might be wrong though.