2019-2020 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seriously? so interview later is better than interview earlier for this school?

No. If they really like you then you won't get wait listed. No matter when you interview. Earlier is always better

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey for those of you who got the II what was the available dates for you to choose. I sent an ITA to the today and the office told me they are not currently scheduling interviews thru late Sep to October, I am not sure what it means, does it mean they haven't extended those dates or this time-frame has been filled out

hey for those of you who got the II what was the available dates for you to choose. I sent an ITA to the today and the office told me they are not currently scheduling interviews thru late Sep to October, I am not sure what it means, does it mean they haven't extended those dates or this time-frame has been filled out

I would take it as a polite "no".

This doesn't mean they won't give you an interview, but I am sure they have some system of going through the applicants and didn't want to deviate despite the "in the area" email. Think about it, anybody could just send these and lie about being in the area to try and get a quick interview.

I would take it as a polite "no".

This doesn't mean they won't give you an interview, but I am sure they have some system of going through the applicants and didn't want to deviate despite the "in the area" email. Think about it, anybody could just send these and lie about being in the area to try and get a quick interview.
thanks I didn't really ask for an interview but ask them to expedite the review for me if possible so I would know if it is an II, rejection or hold. Especially they know I have financial difficulty from AACOMAS they may know traveling is so expensive for me from NY to Tulsa

Ummm... I think that applying to medical schools is a little like online dating. So... I'd be cautious asking a girl to speed up the decision if she wants to go out or not. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Ummm... I think that applying to medical schools is a little like online dating. So... I'd be cautious asking a girl to speed up the decision if she wants to go out or not. :)
girls like rich boys:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
IS/OSU grad here, verified yesterday and waiting on a secondary! Can someone tell me if the secondary says anything about the new Tahlequah campus?

seriously? so interview later is better than interview earlier for this school?

No.
thanks I didn't really ask for an interview but ask them to expedite the review for me if possible so I would know if it is an II, rejection or hold. Especially they know I have financial difficulty from AACOMAS they may know traveling is so expensive for me from NY to Tulsa

You need to wait in line like everyone else. Asking them to expedite your review, to appease you, might have been a fatal mistake honestly.

Reactions: 2 users
not everyone is the same, honestly, even if they would give me an II later in the cycle the chance I would be able to attend i low cuz I can't afford the flight to get there unless i take the loan out from somewhere. so sending the ITA doesn't really hurt and I knew people who got their review expedited by sending the ITA

That’s fine, just know it comes off as entitled and many places will read it negatively.

IS/OSU grad here, verified yesterday and waiting on a secondary! Can someone tell me if the secondary says anything about the new Tahlequah campus?

There is some information regarding the campus on the secondary, maybe a paragraph long, and you can state your preferred campus of the two.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I'm aware, if you are at the Tahlequah campus you will doing your core rotations at the small hospital in Tahlequah, meaning you will NOT be at the OSU teaching hospital. Something to consider...

I interviewed the 23rd! I’m nervous about being waitlisted too long since I was recently accepted at another institution. OSU is my top choice. Has anyone heard back who has interviewed?

I interviewed the 23rd! I’m nervous about being waitlisted too long since I was recently accepted at another institution. OSU is my top choice. Has anyone heard back who has interviewed?

I believe they said applicants will hear back within 1-3 weeks after your interview. So the earliest you would hear back is Friday. Congrats on your acceptance btw.

they told us 1-1.5 weeks. i interviewed on 22. no decision yet

applying a little late in the cycle, but strong ties to OSU (aunt graduated from COM, mom from undergrad) and all family lives in Tulsa/rural surrounding areas... GPA a little low (3.6 and MCAT 511)... what are my chances of getting an interview?

applying a little late in the cycle, but strong ties to OSU (aunt graduated from COM, mom from undergrad) and all family lives in Tulsa/rural surrounding areas... GPA a little low (3.6 and MCAT 511)... what are my chances of getting an interview?
I think your stats alone give you a great shot. With those ties, I like your chances. I think they can be a tad slow with responses. If you can get a LOR from a doctor that is an alum and if you have toured the campus to really show your interest in the school, then I think you have a great shot at an interview. Good luck!!

Excellent.

Your chances are literally about as good as they can get. GPA isn't low. You are fine as long as you fit the mission and didn't say you were a convicted felon in your PS or something

Your chances are literally about as good as they can get. GPA isn't low. You are fine as long as you fit the mission and didn't say you were a convicted felon in your PS or something

I would also have your aunt make a call on your behalf.

Don't listen to the haters who will look down on that, do everything you can do to get ahead man/manette

• Haha
You're not late in the cycle, I wouldn't worry about that really.

Congrats to those accepted.

For OOS people if you are deciding between OSU and other schools hit me up with questions.

Hit the school up with your interest. Your stats are solid
How would you advise I do that? I don’t want to come off entitled or negatively effect my application. Do you think it would be better to wait until the end of the month or do it soon?

How would you advise I do that? I don’t want to come off entitled or negatively effect my application. Do you think it would be better to wait until the end of the month or do it soon?

Just whenever. I would just reach out and state your interested and why you are interested. They have to sift through a lot of OOS people. From what I have noticed they like people who have a relatively good chance of attending if they interview them as an OOS person

Just whenever. I would just reach out and state your interested and why you are interested. They have to sift through a lot of OOS people. From what I have noticed they like people who have a relatively good chance of attending if they interview them as an OOS person
I see. I appreciate that advice. I definitely have an interest in rural/underserved primary care as you had mentioned before. I will put something together and speak of my interests. Thanks again for being so active and answering questions through this process. Definitely motivates me to pay it forward in the future myself.

Congratulations to those accepted today!

Was everyone accepted from that first interview pool? I’ve only seen activity from that first group I believe.

Do they send secondaries to people who don't have MD/DO LORs? I'm still waiting for my writer to send mine and I haven't received a secondary. IS, primary submitted 8/7

Do they send secondaries to people who don't have MD/DO LORs? I'm still waiting for my writer to send mine and I haven't received a secondary. IS, primary submitted 8/7
They send secondaries to everyone. If your application is showing complete I would shoot them an email or call. There were some who had issues with the secondary. If your missing the LOR your app may or may not be complete. If it is incomplete I’m not sure if they will send the secondary or not...

I see. I appreciate that advice. I definitely have an interest in rural/underserved primary care as you had mentioned before. I will put something together and speak of my interests. Thanks again for being so active and answering questions through this process. Definitely motivates me to pay it forward in the future myself.

That’s what I’m here for.

For OOS people if you are deciding between OSU and other schools hit me up with questions.
is attending a prospective student visit day a good idea? born and raised in OK but lived in AL now so wondering if that would help demonstrate serious interest.

is attending a prospective student visit day a good idea? born and raised in OK but lived in AL now so wondering if that would help demonstrate serious interest.

Probably a good idea

Is there anything you do not like about the school? Just trying to make as much of an informed decision as possible.

Last edited: