2019-2020 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have had some trouble securing a bank loan at Canadian banks because they’re unfamiliar with the DO degree. Has anyone had any luck/in which banks were you successful? Any advice would help!

Members don't see this ad.

I have had some trouble securing a bank loan at Canadian banks because they’re unfamiliar with the DO degree. Has anyone had any luck/in which banks were you successful? Any advice would help!
Try Scotiabank and BMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Have all interview spots been given out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cancelling or postponing the white coat ceremony is scary to think about...
I think they would wait until the very last minute to cancel this, orientation, or affect our schedules in any way. The hysteria may blow over in a month for all we know and we have until June to worry about that.

Reactions: 2 users
I am hoping the 2/20 and 3/6 cohorts will hear back this Thursday or Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Any specific reason for this week? 3/6 still has some time left.
They let the 2/6 and 2/13 cohorts know simultaneously, so I am assuming they'll do the same for the 2/20 and 3/6 cohorts. Also, they told us they would let us know within 2 to 3 weeks at my 3/6 interview.

They let the 2/6 and 2/13 cohorts know simultaneously, so I am assuming they'll do the same for the 2/20 and 3/6 cohorts. Also, they told us they would let us know within 2 to 3 weeks at my 3/6 interview.
Hope you’re right. Two weeks would be an awesome timeline. At my 3/6 interview they still let us know that it could potentially be 4 weeks.

With all the chaos surrounding the corona virus, do we have any ideas when the last interview date is? Still hoping that I will get an II :(

With all the chaos surrounding the corona virus, do we have any ideas when the last interview date is? Still hoping that I will get an II :(
Earlier in this thread somebody said that at their interview they were told 3/19 was the last interview day. So if you don’t have an interview invite already I believe it’s too late. I’m sorry :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email and put on the tier 1 waitlist. Interviewed 2/20. I read posts earlier but does anybody know the movement of T1? I accepted but also was looking at putting a deposit down for an apartment at another school if I don’t get in here.

Just got the email and put on the tier 1 waitlist. Interviewed 2/20. I read posts earlier but does anybody know the movement of T1? I accepted but also was looking at putting a deposit down for an apartment at another school if I don’t get in here.

In the same boat here. Kinda shocked because I thought the interview went amazingly. More waiting it is...

Any 3/6 interviewees hear back?

I was also placed on the Tier 1 waitlist, I have fall grades to update that I submitted through AACOM but does anyone know if there is a place on the school site to submit updates?
secondary portal --> upload documents---> transcripts.

The way they talked about Tier I at my interview seemed like it had a lot of movement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they pushed the 3/13 and 3/19 interviews back because of corona. so they still have to do those. when I went to admissions they said last interview was sometime in April.... but someone else in the thread said that 3/19 was supposedly the last date...so not sure!

Does anybody know if MSU accepts MCATs that are 3 years old? Applying in the 2020-2021 cycle and took the MCAT in May of 2018.

Have any accepted students received their PID/PAN number? My secondary application portal still says "In the near future you will receive an email from MSU Admissions providing you direction about your PID & PAN."

Does anybody know if MSU accepts MCATs that are 3 years old? Applying in the 2020-2021 cycle and took the MCAT in May of 2018.

I took my MCAT in the summer of ‘18 and I was accepted so you’re in the clear there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any accepted students received their PID/PAN number? My secondary application portal still says "In the near future you will receive an email from MSU Admissions providing you direction about your PID & PAN."
It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to receive it from your admission I believe.

Has anyone still waiting for their II been contacted by their interviewer yet?
This already stressful process has been made even worse

I was accepted in September but they never got back to me about my PID and PAN so I called them and they were able to connect me with registrar to get it set up. I would call them if it has been a while.

Any current students: When did your coverage with the health insurance start? Did the school automatically enroll you? How long is there to decide if you want to add a dependent to your coverage?

Thank you!

Anyone knows if we’re still expected to order the orientation products and stuff by the end of the month?

Any current students: When did your coverage with the health insurance start? Did the school automatically enroll you? How long is there to decide if you want to add a dependent to your coverage?

Thank you!
I’m not a current student but am in the class of 2024 that waived the health insurance since I’m still on my parents. The school does automatically enroll you unless you opt out, so if you want to opt out, you have to go on stuinfo and fill out a form to waive it. There’s a time frame to do this and it’s from now til beginning of June I think. If you go to MSUCOMs website and find where it says “accepted students” you should be able to find the health insurance info amongst other info

Would any current students in the Detroit campus be willing to answer some questions via PM please? Thank you!

Anyone not placing their white coat order before 3/27? I know its the deadline but lots of people still haven't been accepted yet and I'm not into paying money if I'm not totally sure where I'm going yet!

Anyone not placing their white coat order before 3/27? I know its the deadline but lots of people still haven't been accepted yet and I'm not into paying money if I'm not totally sure where I'm going yet!
I’m pretty sure that they said that if you get accepted after 3/27, to just pay as soon as possible. They don’t expect you to pay before you get accepted :)

I’m pretty sure that they said that if you get accepted after 3/27, to just pay as soon as possible. They don’t expect you to pay before you get accepted :)
Where do you think you heard this (the 3/27 part)? I’m also waiting :/ WL tier I.

Hoping the 3/6 cohort hears back tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
Where do you think you heard this (the 3/27 part)? I’m also waiting :/ WL tier I.
Somehow through creeping I had come upon the list of things needed for orientation and I believe that it said that the items should be bought by 3/27. But again, if you haven’t heard anything yet, I don’t imagine that they would expect for you to by buy then. Someone fell free to correct me if I’m wrong!

Somehow through creeping I had come upon the list of things needed for orientation and I believe that it said that the items should be bought by 3/27. But again, if you haven’t heard anything yet, I don’t imagine that they would expect for you to by buy then. Someone fell free to correct me if I’m wrong!
Gotchu, thanks!!

Are there anymore interview invitations being extended from MSUCOM?

I interviewed yesterday through Zoom. Would it be beneficial to upload a letter of intent right now, or is this only something I should do if I am waitlisted?