2019-2020 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was able to chose a date. There were only 3 available in october. I would call when I get a chance but not worry too much about it! Gratz to all who got an II!
yeah same here! do you think that means all the dates in september and early october already filled up or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I was able to chose a date. There were only 3 available in october. I would call when I get a chance but not worry too much about it! Gratz to all who got an II!

Do you choose a date earlier in the day yesterday? I didn't try until the evening.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled my interview. I spoke with someone on the phone and she said the dates were filling up in a matter of minutes usually, probably since they just sent a bunch of IIs yesterday.

II this morning! First date was in November

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to you that's so wonderful!!! When did you have your app and secondaries submitted, just curious? I unfortunately got deferred from ED to RD..... :(:confused: Do any of you know people that were deferred that ultimately got an interview and acceptance here? Good luck and Godspeed to all of you in this process..... I hope we all get accepted!!! ..... :)
Anyone???

Last edited:
Long time lurker here... I will be interviewing 9/26 in Savannah and was wondering if anyone would be willing to carpool from ATL! Please DM me

Congratulations to you that's so wonderful!!! When did you have your app and secondaries submitted, just curious? I unfortunately got deferred from ED to RD..... :(:confused: Do any of you know people that were deferred that ultimately got an interview and acceptance here? Good luck and Godspeed to all of you in this process..... I hope we all get accepted!!! ..... :)
I asked this same question to the Macon admissions people IN PERSON about a month ago and they said last cycle yes they did take a few people from ED who were deferred to RD, waitlisted, and then accepted. Believe it or not! :eek:
So there might still be hope for you! Its still pretty early in the cycle to be honest

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any good hotel recommendations for the Savannah campus?

@thelemonlaw As far as affordable options go, there's a holiday inn express right by Southside apartment (11325 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31419). You just hop on Harry S Truman and can be at the school with minimal traffic in about 12-15 minutes. I stayed at a Comfort Inn (7110 Hodgson Memorial Dr, Savannah, GA 31406) near the Mall area when I interviewed that's only about 10 minutes away from the school as well (might run into a bit more traffic/red lights in the morning, but not too bad). Plenty of restaurants/grocery stores/anything you'd need around both locations. Only downside is that it's further out from downtown Savannah if you wanted to have some fun exploring the city.

I'm a new MS1 here in Savannah and won't mind having an outlet here to chat with y'all when I need a study break! Let me know if y'all have any questions!

While I'm still new here, I can say that my class here is amazing, very cool folks! I love the PBL format and it beats the pants off of sitting in lectures all day.

Also, if you're coming to the Savannah campus or have any questions related to the interview here, reach out to Misty Graham in the admission's office, she's great!

Reactions: 3 users
any recommendations on what females should wear for the interview??

A blazer, blouse, and pants, or blazer with skirt or dress! And flats or heels depending on what you prefer, closed toed for either I think I wore a grey blazer with black detailing, maroon blouse, a black skirt, and black pumps for mine but that was over 2 years ago so I could be wrong lol

I asked this same question to the Macon admissions people IN PERSON about a month ago and they said last cycle yes they did take a few people from ED who were deferred to RD, waitlisted, and then accepted. Believe it or not! :eek:
So there might still be hope for you! Its still pretty early in the cycle to be honest
Wow, well that is such WONDERFUL news!!! I did send my secondary very late and the day before the deadline, so I really do hope that will be the same outcome for me! Thank you so much for sharing that information and giving me a lot of hope..... it is much appreciated!!! ..... :)
I sent in my primary 8/1 and my secondary 8/19. I have no idea in regards to your second question, though. Good luck-- you've got this!!!!
Yes, thank you so much and same to you..... may we all get accepted very soon!!! ..... :)

I had my interview a few weeks ago, and I wore a white blouse with black pants and a black blazer. The other girls in my interview group were wearing a similar version of that. I also wore black closed toed heels--which if you're like me and don't wear heels super often, I might recommend flats because we did do some walking and my feet were killing me by the end and they were only like three inch heels. Also, minimal makeup can look professional in my opinion, and I wore my hair down down and straight because that's what I'm most comfortable with. If you have a tendency to fidget with your hands in your hair while you talk, I'd wear it up or out of your face to minimize that. Good luck !!

Reactions: 2 users
@thelemonlaw As far as affordable options go, there's a holiday inn express right by Southside apartment (11325 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31419). You just hop on Harry S Truman and can be at the school with minimal traffic in about 12-15 minutes. I stayed at a Comfort Inn (7110 Hodgson Memorial Dr, Savannah, GA 31406) near the Mall area when I interviewed that's only about 10 minutes away from the school as well (might run into a bit more traffic/red lights in the morning, but not too bad). Plenty of restaurants/grocery stores/anything you'd need around both locations. Only downside is that it's further out from downtown Savannah if you wanted to have some fun exploring the city.

I'm a new MS1 here in Savannah and won't mind having an outlet here to chat with y'all when I need a study break! Let me know if y'all have any questions!

While I'm still new here, I can say that my class here is amazing, very cool folks! I love the PBL format and it beats the pants off of sitting in lectures all day.

Also, if you're coming to the Savannah campus or have any questions related to the interview here, reach out to Misty Graham in the admission's office, she's great!

Hey I have a couple of questions that I think everyone can benefit from.
How was you overall interview experience? your overall impression of the school? any questions that were difficult? is it a group interview or an individual?

If students received an interview at the Savanah campus, does that mean that they have to attend medical school in Savanah or can they choose the Atlanta campus?

Is the curriculum strictly PBL based or is it a combination of lectures and TBL?

How was you overall interview experience? your overall impression of the school? any questions that were difficult? is it a group interview or an individual?

If students received an interview at the Savanah campus, does that mean that they have to attend medical school in Savanah or can they choose the Atlanta campus?

Is the curriculum strictly PBL based or is it a combination of lectures and TBL?

There’s not Atlanta campus. Main campus is Macon.

Reactions: 2 users
Is today the day for ED acceptances?

They are still interviewing people for ED tomorrow. Acceptances start coming out September 26th to October 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
What is the maximum number of letters of rec that are accepted by Mercer (also the ideal #?)? If I submit my school's committee letter, a physician letter, and a volunteer experience director letter, would that be an okay amount?

What is the maximum number of letters of rec that are accepted by Mercer (also the ideal #?)? If I submit my school's committee letter, a physician letter, and a volunteer experience director letter, would that be an okay amount?

I think 3 quality letters is perfect. Anymore than that could get overwhelming.

I interviewed in Savannah and am in Macon. Where you interview does not determine where you will attend! After you get accepted you will be asked for your preference.

Curriculum is a combo. Most weeks you will have PBL MWF and lecture/tbl TTh

Does anyone who interviewed today want to speak about how the day went?

Good luck to everyone in ED! One more day!

Still nothing on my end. How are you guys passing the time right now? Personally, I'm just refreshing this page every 30 seconds.

I was at the last interview, and they told me that they interviewed 80-85 EDP applicants...so maybe they just had more to discuss this year at the meeting than normal? Not sure.

I was at the last interview, and they told me that they interviewed 80-85 EDP applicants...so maybe they just had more to discuss this year at the meeting than normal? Not sure.
They told you in the last ED interview that calls would start tonight?

Could be. At my interview they told me we’d hear back on the 25th (today) so idk. Gosh it’s so nerve wracking...

They said that some choose to call the night of the meeting but others don't call at all, so it just depends on the person. Considering no one has posted any good news yet, maybe they're still in the meeting since they interviewed a lot of people for EDP this cycle?

I interviewed the first day of ED and they told us September 18 so now I really don’t know what to expect

It got pushed a week because of the hurricane interfering with interviews in Savannah. The official meeting is tonight. But statistically speaking, its reassuring that none of us have heard anything.

For peace of mind, can any EDP applicants just shamelessly post whether they've heard something or not yet?

Hey y'all current student, not applicant but my friend who applied just got an email with her acceptance! Good luck!