2019-2020 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
may be turning down my acceptance for another school. loved the school and the idea of being closer to my home in chicago but the crappy thing is they don't offer many scholarships and i received a few scholarships elsewhere :( hoping the best for the rest of y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Ya'll I need some advice...I applied to this school and had everything submitted by november...but a letter writer has been delaying like crazy so I'm still not marked complete (it's the physician letter too so I'm super stressed). I asked for this letter last april and have stopped by at least once/twice a month [to remind/politely cajole]. Now the physician just wants me to give up and withdraw for this cycle and I'm super depressed because I did everything on time and dropped nearly 1k applying so far. (lots of secondaries then silence...the usual) Is it worth calling this school to ask if they'll consider without the physician letter?

[edits]

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I was complete on 11/19.

Congrats!! Dang, I was complete on the same day and I haven’t heard anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
For anybody that has gotten accepted and will be attending, does anybody know or remember the name of the Facebook group for class of 2024? Trying to join to potentially meet some incoming class mates. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon! So very thrilled - I have felt drawn to MU from the beginning, and I am so happy to have a chance to interview here.

Any advice?? And does anyone have an idea of the post-interview acceptance rate?

Thanks all!

II this afternoon! So very thrilled - I have felt drawn to MU from the beginning, and I am so happy to have a chance to interview here.

Any advice?? And does anyone have an idea of the post-interview acceptance rate?

Thanks all!
Congrats. Your mcat?? What score

Thanks all!
it's very high for post-ii acceptance. from what i remember it's like 1 out of 2 or 1 out of 3 chance. you really have to bomb it to get a direct R. most people either get WL or A.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
it's very high for post-ii acceptance. from what i remember it's like 1 out of 2 or 1 out of 3 chance. you really have to bomb it to get a direct R. most people either get WL or A.

Thanks all!

Congrats! What was your complete date?

Has anyone heard about acceptance off the alternate list today?
I didn't hear anything yesterday at all. I remember they said either the 7th or 21st so my guess is no one is going to hear anything until the 21st. I hate not knowing!

i'm turning down the acceptance seat, hope it goes to one of y'all. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did you like arcom? i'm interviewing there next friday.

I was honestly very impressed by the school! Even though it's new, their curriculum seems very promising. Everyone was very welcoming and made the day really comfortable for us. I'm sure you'll love it!!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected pre-II just now. Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

Is there a system that MU-COM has that if they want an earlier interview they are put on a cancellation wait list?

When were you complete?

Technically they had everything needed a couple months ago but I only got the email last week that I was officially marked complete and moved to the review committee.

Do you receive an email when you are moved to the review committee ?

I did. It took a while for them to send the email after the portal said I had all elements ready but eventually one was sent via email.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this might violate the nondisclosure they had us sign at the interview.
It does. someone asked me through DMs and i just said it's easy and you shouldn't worry about it. and that's all i can tell you. whoever wrote the above statement, i would suggest deleting it.

Can anyone comment to the interview? Was it difficult?
no it wasn't difficult. i believe it was 2 one-on-ones with either a professor, current student, or admissions or something and they ask you questions for i believe it was 10 minutes? i can't remember how long they were lol but it was nothing to stress about.

What time do they usually call to accept you?

Edit: welp, waitlist. Pretty disappointed.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from the alternate list? They said in the email they are going to start pulling from that list January 7th or 21st

Anyone think they will pull from the waitlist soon? I’m wondering if anyone heard today.

Anyone think they will pull from the waitlist soon? I’m wondering if anyone heard today.

It doesn’t sound like anyone did. Hopefully they will at least update us as to when they will review it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk