2019-2020 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting to hear back from the interview last April. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I can’t decide if the silence is good or bad for those of us on hold...

Members don't see this ad :)

Probably not great considered their tiny class size. UTHSC’s hold list hasn’t moved at all yet this cycle (it should this Friday), and UTHSC probably “cross pollinates” the most with ETSU so maybe people getting accepted at UTHSC could trigger some movement at ETSU? Just some anxious ramblings though lol

Was anyone given a time frame as to when the committee will meet to discuss hold applicants ?

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone given a time frame as to when the committee will meet to discuss hold applicants ?
I was not and I think most are going off last years thread and the traffic rules.

Nope nothing yet. Is it safe to assume you interviewed in zoom?

Just received a rejection email. Good luck to the rest of y’all.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did the committee meet today? I saw you from UTHSC as well. Good luck brother. Hope is still not lost
No idea when the committee met. It said “in a recent review of hold applicants”. This is my second year on the hold list, so I’m a little surprised to get an R instead of just being left on it.

Anyone know about housing? I forgot to ask during my interview but it seems like they have housing on the campus map?

Soon to be M3 here! Quillen doesn't offer student housing on campus but there are tons of places to live in the general area of Quillen with decent monthly prices. My advice would be to look between 5-10 minutes from campus as all of the housing closest to the campus is preoccupied by undergrads. If you have any questions about housing, feel free to PM me!

What vibes are we getting from that update email? Their class is full and we almost certainly aren’t getting a spot...?

What vibes are we getting from that update email? Their class is full and we almost certainly aren’t getting a spot...?
Those are kinda the vibes I was getting, I’m not entirely sure what to think.

Reactions: 1 user
I really don’t know what to think. I think that there is still going to be some movement. UTHSC still hasn’t made final decisions yet and it has the most crossover with ETSU in my opinion. I think that we’ll start to see more rejections from hold soon though per the email.

On one hand it could mean that things are pretty close to being set. On there other hand movement may be later this year. Interviews at most schools were pushed. It is conceivable that there will be movement, but it will be later. I’m not sure anyone really knows.

On one hand it could mean that things are pretty close to being set. On there other hand movement may be later this year. Interviews at most schools were pushed. It is conceivable that there will be movement, but it will be later. I’m not sure anyone really knows.
I agree. Quillen is still interviewing too, which I don’t think they would be If they weren’t planning on anymore movement. I do appreciate that they are seemingly going to let us know either way soon though. This is by far my top choice so I’d really like to know if I need to keep my hopes up or not.

I agree. Quillen is still interviewing too, which I don’t think they would be If they weren’t planning on anymore movement. I do appreciate that they are seemingly going to let us know either way soon though. This is by far my top choice so I’d really like to know if I need to keep my hopes up or not.

Are they still interview??? I thought it said they were complete.

Dear applicants who hold multiple acceptances, please... maybe you guys can decide soon? lol

sincerely,
People on hold

Dear applicants who hold multiple acceptances, please... maybe you guys can decide soon? lol

sincerely,
People on hold

No one can hold multiple acceptances past May 1! At least not for more than 5ish days and that’s if one of your acceptances comes after May 1 (from a waitlist). That’s why it is not looking good—waitlist movement at most schools normally happens in the first few weeks after May 1.

Is it safe to assume atleast 5-10 people will drop to go to UTHSC at the very least? Everyone is on hold there

Is it safe to assume atleast 5-10 people will drop to go to UTHSC at the very least? Everyone is on hold there

That’s assuming UTHSC even takes 5-10 people off hold

Just got an acceptance call! For those of you on hold there is still hope. :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! I guess it is not looking great if I interviewed in October lol

I think they are ranking students on hold/waitlist so there still is a chance!

I think they are ranking students on hold/waitlist so there still is a chance!

Were you ever placed on hold? And do you mind sharing your stats? (Either PM or here)

I was placed on hold. I had a 3.97 GPA and 512 Mcat.

I had lots of extra curricular and was even the top grad at my major university. I was still placed on hold at ETSU as well as UTHSC. I dont think stats matter at this point in time honestly

I truly deeply in my heart believe there will be a bit of movement with us once final UTHSC decisions are received. I have an inkling of hope.

Thank you! I think they are calling as fast as possible when making a descision. It's still not on CYMS so don't worry about checking it daily yall

They are scheduled to mail all the final decisions May 18th and they physically mail letters so it might be the last few days of may

They are scheduled to mail all the final decisions May 18th and they physically mail letters so it might be the last few days of may
Congrats and are you talking about etsu or uthsc for May 18 final decisions?

UTHS is final on the 18th
I imagine the movement will be a few days to a week after. I’ve kept an eye on that thread too. I know I wouldn’t give up a seat in another school until I have communication from the school(letter). It’s been a wild cycle between mayo, covid and for me personally being on a hold list to a school that initially rejected me presecondary.

• Wow
To all the students on hold, ETSU just sent me an email saying that there is finally turnaround and that all students are required to update CYMS by 15 days till class start by the latest