2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Getting a little neurotic about lots of II's going out to people that were completed after me :shrug: I was complete on 6/28 and haven't heard a peep, do they send II's out in order of how they receive the apps or is it pretty random? Any cause for concern?

MCAT 507, cGPA 3.87, sGPA 3.91

Very good chance of getting an II with those stats. Be patient. 507/3.8/3.7, and last cycle, my II here came around 2 months after submission. They’ve got a lot of applications to process.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email after literally starting the application for DMU but not yet submitting. Mean anything or just generic?

Members don't see this ad :)
"We are pleased to inform you that we have received all components of your application for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program at Des Moines University. At this time your file is complete and has been forwarded to the Admission Committee for review. Your file will remain under review for up to 90 days and you will be notified of your admission status via email once a decision has been reached. No further action is required from you at this time, and we appreciate your patience while our committee conducts reviews. "

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II scheduled for 8/29!!

Top DO school, so excited to interview here :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II!!!! So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
II today! OOS, cGPA 3.97, sGPA 4.0 MCAT 507

Reactions: 5 users
II received today!! OOS Complete 7/5

Reactions: 3 users
Would anyone that interviewed last year be able to give me an example of the questions they asked? I would really appreciate it as I am having a hard time prepping for this interview and it's my first one (I also love the thought of going to DMU) :p

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone that interviewed last year be able to give me an example of the questions they asked? I would really appreciate it as I am having a hard time prepping for this interview and it's my first one (I also love the thought of going to DMU) :p
There isn't a way to prep honestly. Just be yourself DMU is all about fit. (or at least they were when I interviewed...I'm an MS3). If you've gotten an interview you have a chance. They just went through my application and asked questions about me and my goals. Idk if that's changed in the last couple years though

There isn't a way to prep honestly. Just be yourself DMU is all about fit. (or at least they were when I interviewed...I'm an MS3). If you've gotten an interview you have a chance. They just went through my application and asked questions about me and my goals. Idk if that's changed in the last couple years though
Thank you for the response!

I REALLY hope they go back to this type of interview, but last year DMU apparently had a bunch of behavior/situational questions in their interviews. I tend to freeze up a bit if I don't have some idea of what I'm going to say beforehand, so I'm hoping it's some of the more common behavioral questions (cheating, bioethics, etc.) that other schools ask.

I REALLY hope they go back to this type of interview, but last year DMU apparently had a bunch of behavior/situational questions in their interviews. I tend to freeze up a bit if I don't have some idea of what I'm going to say beforehand, so I'm hoping it's some of the more common behavioral questions (cheating, bioethics, etc.) that other schools ask.
Take a deep breath when you’re asked and just answer. Don’t overstress is key

Mine was definitely behavioral/situational and I totally bombed it tbh. I froze just like you said you do, couldn't get a good answer out and they kept dragging me back to the question lol. Got in though! I think that has something to say about matching for fit, not just your ability to practice and recite answers.

Mine was definitely behavioral/situational and I totally bombed it tbh. I froze just like you said you do, couldn't get a good answer out and they kept dragging me back to the question lol. Got in though! I think that has something to say about matching for fit, not just your ability to practice and recite answers.
That’s reassuring :) Thank you for commenting, and congrats on getting in!

Any current students that are recipients of the Glanton Minority scholarship able to PM me how much they offer?

I’d love to come here no matter how much it is. I’m just wondering about paying the tuition if I end up being accepted.

MS1 here. Will answer any questions (though I am busy now with class started).

Paying it back since @Chibucks15 helped me a lot when I was in your shoes.

Anyone interviewing on Thursday and staying near the Events Center want to share an Uber in the morning?

what are people doing about sending the casper score in since it's optional here?

II just now.... I hope these are automated and not some poor intern staying late working :(

the interview feedback tab lists previous interview questions.

Oof. I got an email 7/22 saying they got all my items. No II at this point. Doesn't sound good for me! Ah well. Congratulations to everyone else though!

Oof. I got an email 7/22 saying they got all my items. No II at this point. Doesn't sound good for me! Ah well. Congratulations to everyone else though!
They had all my items since like 7/17 and I just got an II yesterday if that helps.

anyone who got an II get one with a lower MCAT score? please PM me. Considering applying here buy have a low MCAT... above 500 though.

anyone who got an II get one with a lower MCAT score? please PM me. Considering applying here buy have a low MCAT... above 500 though.
I don't think it's impossible, but I think it certainly helps if you're URM, have connections to the school, or have some very unique experiences which the school finds beneficial.

To those that are also interviewing tomorrow, travel safe and I’ll see you guys tomorrow!

To those that are also interviewing tomorrow, travel safe and I’ll see you guys tomorrow!

wow... so it begins. Hopefully, most of you have acceptances by the time I interview on the 26th!

Didn’t know that their stats are quite high, comparable to some state MD schools.
They are often thought of as the top DO school. Their match list backs it up (even matched someone at Mayo for Psych last year).

had my interview this week. thought it went pretty good. they said we would know in 2 weeks!! fingers crossed. loved the school and the facilities are amazing

Reactions: 3 users