2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody else anxiously waiting for the next wave of decisions??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean they definitely gotta be coming today right?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were available for most of December.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED! Interviewed early October!! This was by far my favorite school, I’m over the moon :)

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
my first acceptance!!!! early Oct interview. nearly shrieked in my cubicle

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
congrats everybody!! did they send it via email? Also any late Oct interviewees news?

Accepted by email!!! Also interviewed early October. And invited to apply for the Dean's scholarship! :love:

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Alternate List! Pretty sure this is a soft-R but whateverrrrrr

congrats everybody!! did they send it via email? Also any late Oct interviewees news?

Just to add another data point, I interviewed early October and got the A

OMG Accepted by email!!! Interviewed Late October. And invited to apply for the Dean's scholarship! Does anybody know how likely it is to get a scholarship if you get invited?

Reactions: 10 users
Looks like last year had some movement off the alternate list last May, I take back my Soft-R supposition.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED! It was sent by email and I interviewed early October.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anybody know how accepting the offer works? If we hit accept and reserve my seat in the medical school class on the site is it binding?

Would love some more II waves Case! PLEASE?!:xf:

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody know how accepting the offer works? If we hit accept and reserve my seat in the medical school class on the site is it binding?

I think for pretty much every school, "accepting" the offer now is non-binding until the AMCAS deadline where you can only hold one acceptance and multiple waitlists on April 30. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is how it works at every school!

Accepted earlier today!! :D Interviewed mid-October

OMG Accepted by email!!! Interviewed Late October. And invited to apply for the Dean's scholarship! Does anybody know how likely it is to get a scholarship if you get invited?

Congrats! The financial aid director told my interview session that about 1/3 of accepted applicants are invited to apply for merit scholarships, and about 1/2 of the scholarship applicants are offered some form of merit aid. She rounded it off by saying ultimately about a quarter of the accepted students are offered merit scholarships. Max last year was $40k

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! The financial aid director told my interview session that about 1/3 of accepted applicants are invited to apply for merit scholarships, and about 1/2 of the scholarship applicants are offered some form of merit aid. She rounded it off by saying ultimately about a quarter of the accepted students are offered merit scholarships. Max last year was $40k
thanks! super helpful to know

I think for pretty much every school, "accepting" the offer now is non-binding until the AMCAS deadline where you can only hold one acceptance and multiple waitlists on April 30. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is how it works at every school!
then what is the point of accepting on their portal?

then what is the point of accepting on their portal?

I'm not sure what the reason is and why medical schools make you do it! When I accepted an offer at a different school, I had a few weeks to accept their offer, even though its non-binding until May. No clue why you have to do it but you should be fine accepting it! Maybe a current student can chime in but I think its more of a formality than anything

I'm not sure what the reason is and why medical schools make you do it! When I accepted an offer at a different school, I had a few weeks to accept their offer, even though its non-binding until May. No clue why you have to do it but you should be fine accepting it! Maybe a current student can chime in but I think its more of a formality than anything

I think it gives them a little bit more information in terms of how full their class is or how many more people to interview/accept. Keep in mind that not everyone accepts the offer, some people decline and withdraw because they have a better one somewhere else. That way the school knows right away that that seat is available.

ACCEPTED today!!!! Wow this school was a big reach for me and I’m so thrilled!!! Mid-October interview

Reactions: 8 users
ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL!!! Interviewed lateish October, so really surprised on the turnaround!

Reactions: 5 users
Is there any pattern to these "waves" of IIs and Rs? I don't want to be frantically checking my email every few hours but Case is one of my top choices and it's hard to resist :/

Pre II R. On the plus side, idk how much more travel expenses my credit card could handle haha. Good luck everyone:)

• Sad
Pre-II rejection.

Robotic af letter not gonna lie

• Sad
  • Wow
Also got a pre-II rejection

Whoa that's the second pre-II R I got in the past hour LOL

• Sad