2019-2020 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R. Complete 7/31. LM 69.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, people are too game-y.

Edit: To clarify, this is a joke. Just looking for a dinner friend
More like a Hannibal if you ask me ;)
But even though I'm not interviewing those days I'm in the area and graduated from Case (MS)

Reactions: 2 users
Is it true that exams (at least in UP) are essay-based? Idk where I heard this from, but just wanted to confirm whether that's accurate

Last edited:
II this morning!! I'm so excited, this is one of my favorite schools! I signed up for my interview on 12/6 because that's the only Friday I can go (I have tons of classes on Mondays and Wednesdays), but that's kind of late. Are they rolling admissions? Will it hurt my chances to interview in December, or would it it be better to reschedule for an earlier Wednesday and just miss a bunch of classes?

Last edited:
II this morning!! I'm so excited, this is one of my favorite schools! I signed up for my interview on 12/6 because that's the only Friday I can go (I have tons of classes on Mondays and Wednsedays), but that's kind of late. Are they rolling admissions? Would it be better to reschedule for an earlier Wednesday and just miss a bunch of classes?
Congrats! May i ask when you were complete?

Any mid-to-late July completers still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Case Western is rolling? How long does it take to receive an admissions decision post-interview?

Complete 7/24, II 9/29 and LizzyM is 74.8.

Just interviewed this past weekend and it was so amazing. The school is beautiful and the admissions staff was unbelievably kind. The day was very long, from 8am-4pm, but the lunch provided was great and there was even a light breakfast in the morning. The interview itself was with a health professional and was so chill, really like a conversation. open file and all. Good luck to everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R. Feelsbadman, this was a top choice for me

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Is it possible to be rejected from the regular program but receive an interview from the Cleveland Clinic?

Because I just got an II from the Cleveland Clinic and I want to know if it’s a mistake lol
They have different priorities.

Is it possible to be rejected from the regular program but receive an interview from the Cleveland Clinic?

Because I just got an II from the Cleveland Clinic and I want to know if it’s a mistake lol
No it’s possible.
Also possible to get nothing from both schools. Aka me.

Yes they are separate admissions wise

Reactions: 1 user
Hi - do any current students live at Innova or know anyone who does? I'm curious about how people review this apartment. It's kind of pricey but my fiance and I will be sharing a 1 bedroom, so it should be within our budget according to the office of financial aid (even though they mentioned that it's encouraged to find places to rent as cheap as possible - but I've lived in crappy apartments for the past 4 years so I'm really ready to live somewhere comfortable). Thanks in advance!

Hi - do any current students live at Innova or know anyone who does? I'm curious about how people review this apartment. It's kind of pricey but my fiance and I will be sharing a 1 bedroom, so it should be within our budget according to the office of financial aid (even though they mentioned that it's encouraged to find places to rent as cheap as possible - but I've lived in crappy apartments for the past 4 years so I'm really ready to live somewhere comfortable). Thanks in advance!
from what i have heard from students, most do live there. I have heard really nice things about its proximity to campus and its amenities (i think it has a gym and pool). From what I understand, it is well worth the slightly higher rent!

I have a few classmates that live in Inova and they seem to like it. The location is obviously a plus and the apartments are nice. However, I personally wouldn't want to live there because nothing is really within walking distance except for the school. There are plenty of nice apartments for much cheaper in Little Italy and Coventry.

I guess my take on it is that you will in that area so much for school that it is nice to have somewhere else to go afterwards lol

Is it true that exams (at least in UP) are essay-based? Idk where I heard this from, but just wanted to confirm whether that's accurate

Yeah, our main block exams are essay based. You basically just memory dump everything that you know about the topic for each question and move on. Honestly, it is not as bad as it sounds. Plus we only have exams once a block which is cool

Reactions: 2 users
I have a few classmates that live in Inova and they seem to like it. The location is obviously a plus and the apartments are nice. However, I personally wouldn't want to live there because nothing is really within walking distance except for the school. There are plenty of nice apartments for much cheaper in Little Italy and Coventry.

I guess my take on it is that you will in that area so much for school that it is nice to have somewhere else to go afterwards lol
Yeah we definitely considered that, makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your insight!

II today! Excited to go to Cleveland again and see Case

Reactions: 6 users
Is being on hold for an II still a thing here? Complete first week of July and have silence

do they only takeupdates if you’ve been given a decision of some sort post submission

Reactions: 7 users
Is being on hold for an II still a thing here? Complete first week of July and have silence

do they only takeupdates if you’ve been given a decision of some sort post submission
They accept updates if you've been invited for an interview, post interview, and there was another thing. But it says it in the FAQs.

Congrats!! Complete date please? Sorry to be that guy.

Haha no problem. Forgot to include it.

Was complete 9/9.

They are scheduling for a few dates in November and a bunch though the month of December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview invite today! Completed 7/25

Reactions: 8 users
After surviving so many cwru R waves, an II seems so within reach but then I remember all the extremely qualified applicants. Patience really is a virtue, rooting for everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 12 users
I posted on this thread earlier this month with a pre-II R from CCLCM, but I got an II from Case last Thursday!! :)
Complete 8/5

Congrats to all those with II's and A's so far!!! Does anyone think we'll get another round of admissions decisions today??

Congrats to all those with II's and A's so far!!! Does anyone think we'll get another round of admissions decisions today??

last years thread it looked like it was 11/6, so I’m thinking it will either come today or tomorrow. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

What interview dates will they be giving decisions for? If i interviewed 2 weeks ago, can i expect news or

Last edited:
hm interesting i know the committee meets every other monday