2018-2019 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on RVUCOM! My neighbor went through their program and he loved it. Thats a pretty high deposit, but at least you know you are in. I think there will still be more movement coming up.

Yeah it's a great option, even though it's a newer campus. Thanks Doc Green!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Where are you going? Were you ranked at PNW?
I was initially ranked top 30, but think somewhere in the high teens or low 20s based on others responses to emails they recieved about moving up in rank (I just got top 30 then top 10 then offer).

Reactions: 2 users
I spoke with admissions the other day and they said that the committee meets again to re-rank the waitlist once they’ve exhausted the entire first ranked waitlist. So in other words, no one has received a notification of moving into the top 30. For those of you unranked like myself, you could be #31 and get the call any moment!

Edit: only once they’ve gone through the entire 30 on the first waitlist, sorry, I may have made it sound as if they already did.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All!
Been following this thread for the past few weeks. First off congrats to everyone that made it through and best of luck to everyone waiting!

I’m still waiting to hear. I was ranked top 30 then bumped to top ten the same time as some others that posted.

I actually got in touch with LeAnn and she gave me a specific ranking once I got into the top 10. So for those in top ten waiting to hear it’s worth giving her a call/email to see where you are in the top 10.

I’ll keep you all updated if I hear anything and feel free to ask any questions!

Again best of luck to everyone and congrats for those who already made it!

Hey All!
Been following this thread for the past few weeks. First off congrats to everyone that made it through and best of luck to everyone waiting!

I’m still waiting to hear. I was ranked top 30 then bumped to top ten the same time as some others that posted.

I actually got in touch with LeAnn and she gave me a specific ranking once I got into the top 10. So for those in top ten waiting to hear it’s worth giving her a call/email to see where you are in the top 10.

I’ll keep you all updated if I hear anything and feel free to ask any questions!

Again best of luck to everyone and congrats for those who already made it!

Good to know, thank you! If you don’t mind, I would love to hear what number you’re ranked at when you get an offer, just so we all know how close they are to finishing the first ranked list!

I spoke with admissions the other day and they said that the committee meets again to re-rank the waitlist once they’ve exhausted the entire first ranked waitlist. So in other words, no one has received a notification of moving into the top 30. For those of you unranked like myself, you could be #31 and get the call any moment!

Edit: only once they’ve gone through the entire 30 on the first waitlist, sorry, I may have made it sound as if they already did.

This is the email reply I received from LeAnn today on waitlist movement:

"The COM Admission Committee met in early June and decided to not rank the waitlist further. At this time there is no update to your waitlist standing. I am glad to hear you are still interested in attending PNWU-COM and hope you are considering reapplying."

Reactions: 1 user
This is the email reply I received from LeAnn today on waitlist movement:

"The COM Admission Committee met in early June and decided to not rank the waitlist further. At this time there is no update to your waitlist standing. I am glad to hear you are still interested in attending PNWU-COM and hope you are considering reapplying."
This response leaves a poor taste in my mouth. Seems a little arrogant. Maybe I'm just bitter about being waitlisted though.

I spoke with the admissions yesterday and they said that there are only 5 applicants left on the ranked waitlist, and they’re not even sure that they’ll get through them all.

I’m not sure what to do. I asked them in January what could be improved on my application, and I did everything they told me (improve MCAT score, letter of intent, addtnl LOR, etc) and then some. When I talked to LeAnn yesterday, at first she told me to go ahead and reapply for next year, but when I asked her what could be improved on my app, she said literally nothing. So I asked her if when the admissions committee met they saw the updates that I sent in to my app and she looked through and saw that I submitted everything well before they met together and she sounded shocked. I casually asked her again if they saw it and she said “Well, we received it... I sure hope they didn’t miss it.” Then at the end of the call she said to maybe hold off on applying until mid July, and to call and touch base early July. Before ending the call I asked again if there’s literally anything I could do to improve my app and she said again that there was literally nothing and that everything looked great.
I’m 99% sure that the ball was dropped somewhere. The fact that she first said to just reapply and then later to hold off on applying, as well as her saying there’s nothing to improve, I’m not sure how I didn’t get placed on the ranked part of the waitlist. I dunno, maybe I sound overconfident because I know a lot of kids who got on there are awesome applicants, and I really hope I don’t sound condescending towards the school because I know mistakes happen. I’m just wondering what your guys’ thoughts are and if I’m just overthinking it

I’m not sure what to do. I asked them in January what could be improved on my application, and I did everything they told me (improve MCAT score, letter of intent, addtnl LOR, etc) and then some. When I talked to LeAnn yesterday, at first she told me to go ahead and reapply for next year, but when I asked her what could be improved on my app, she said literally nothing. So I asked her if when the admissions committee met they saw the updates that I sent in to my app and she looked through and saw that I submitted everything well before they met together and she sounded shocked. I casually asked her again if they saw it and she said “Well, we received it... I sure hope they didn’t miss it.” Then at the end of the call she said to maybe hold off on applying until mid July, and to call and touch base early July. Before ending the call I asked again if there’s literally anything I could do to improve my app and she said again that there was literally nothing and that everything looked great.
I’m 99% sure that the ball was dropped somewhere. The fact that she first said to just reapply and then later to hold off on applying, as well as her saying there’s nothing to improve, I’m not sure how I didn’t get placed on the ranked part of the waitlist. I dunno, maybe I sound overconfident because I know a lot of kids who got on there are awesome applicants, and I really hope I don’t sound condescending towards the school because I know mistakes happen. I’m just wondering what your guys’ thoughts are and if I’m just overthinking it
It could just be that applicant pool itself was extremely competitive this year and that is why despite have a great application you were not on the ranked list. Although it does sound like the ball was dropped a bit with your updates with her sounding surprised and not sure why she would tell you to hold off on reapplying as usually the earlier you apply the better.

Ouch, something similar happened to me. I submitted an update which was 700 hours of clinical patient experience as well as 2 publications. The doc I worked with sent a letter of rec too. In April I called to ask what I could improve on before next year and they said clinical experience.... I said I have nearly 1000 hours at this point, this was clear in my update letter. They never attached it. She said, oh well I will make sure to attach this now, can you send it again? So I sent it again and got a confirmation that she received it but I am still unsure if it again made it on my app. They got the docs LOR though. Maybe they just don't care too much about update letters?

I think I got lucky and caught it with a follow up call, but sounds like you got unlucky. The fat silver lining is that you can get in early this cycle if you apply again. That's what I'm hoping for. Living day to day with this stress absolutely sucks. I am fine with general day to day stress of life, especially academic, but when my entire future career is in question every day.... it is hard.

ALSO: Don't hold off on applying, that just puts you further back in the pool of applicants for both PNWU and other schools, terrible advice. It will 1 show them that you are interested in reapplying and two ensure you don't get screwed for this next cycle.

Thanks for the replies guys! That really helps. I went ahead and submitted. I really hope there’s some more movement this year and we can get pulled off the waitlist. A lot of you guys on here sound like fantastic applicants that will become great doctors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies guys! That really helps. I went ahead and submitted. I really hope there’s some more movement this year and we can get pulled off the waitlist. A lot of you guys on here sound like fantastic applicants that will become great doctors.
Good luck and hope to see you at the first interview there, ideally as a year 1 but if not, as an applicant with me :).

I got my acceptance call today! I was number 7 in the top ten list. Last week I contacted them and I was number 2. So there are 3 people left after me. Good luck to everyone who is waiting, there is movement, slower than last year but it’s going. Best of luck for everyone waiting and excited to see those who made it!!

Last edited:
If this thread had the ability to make cricket chirping sounds, it would be doing it right now. Haha. Has anyone heard anything lately?

Just got the call! They re ranked the waitlist and I was #1 and before they could notify me a spot opened up and I got the offer!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Just got the call! They re ranked the waitlist and I was #1 and before they could notify me a spot opened up and I got the offer!

Congrats Oak! Did anyone else hear where they are ranked yet?

Congrats Oak! Did anyone else hear where they are ranked yet?

I spoke with the director and she said that they “didn’t feel that the waitlist needed to be ranked further but they pulled a few students off.” And then she said to apply next year..

Reranked apparently, now in top 5. Seems like the admissions office spoke too soon? I don’t know why they would tell students to start reapplying

What does it look like on the portal when you’ve been accepted? Does it just say accepted?
Just curious, I checked my portal within this last week and it said “Waitlisted 8/24/2018.” Today it says “Complete 8/24/2018.”

Last edited:
What does it look like on the portal when you’ve been accepted? Does it just say accepted?
Just curious, I checked my portal within this last week and it said “Waitlisted 8/24/108.” Today it says “Complete 8/24/2018.”

It will say 'Offer' after you get the phone call.

It will say 'Offer' after you get the phone call.

Oh okay, thanks! Any ideas for what that change could mean? Would it say reject if I’m not going to be offered a spot this year?

Hi all,

This is my first post, I've been following the thread and my wife got the call today!
She got reranked and was on the top 5.
Her status on the portal says completed if that helps.

Congrats to all!
We are super excited the wife can't even sleep. :)

Oh okay, thanks! Any ideas for what that change could mean? Would it say reject if I’m not going to be offered a spot this year?

Mine still says waitlisted 10/16/2018 for decision date. No rank email. MAMS apparently accepted me but didn’t notify me until Thursday so I’m not sure what to do with that all of the sudden, because I’m already getting a masters. I had hoped my M.S. would stand out for PNWU, but that was not accurate.

Mine still says waitlisted 10/16/2018 for decision date. No rank email. MAMS apparently accepted me but didn’t notify me until Thursday so I’m not sure what to do with that all of the sudden, because I’m already getting a masters. I had hoped my M.S. would stand out for PNWU, but that was not accurate.

I looked at mine and it went back to waitlisted. Weird. Good luck figuring things out buddy!

Anyone have experience getting their fee waiver approved? Do you pay/submit first and get a refund later?

Accepted off the waitlist this afternoon; declined my spot because I’m accepted to Touro. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to all who have been accepted!! I'm still hopeful about getting pulled up from the waitlist. Hang in there everyone! :highfive:

Did anyone get an email like 14 hours after secondary submission that was titled "New Self Service Account" and gave you new credentials to log in with? I don't know what to do at this point haha

Did anyone get an email like 14 hours after secondary submission that was titled "New Self Service Account" and gave you new credentials to log in with? I don't know what to do at this point haha
I replied to you in the 2019-2020 thread in case others applying this year have the same question. I will try to answer any more questions if I can. Good luck to you!

Just an FYI orientation at PNWU starts tomorrow. Good luck in your re-apps or in your programs!

Can anyone post the essay prompt for the secondaries?

mine seems pretty long. I did calibri light, size 10, single spaced, and even adjusted the margins slightly to make it all fit on one page. There's not a ton I want to take out, but the only requirements are "one page total essay" so that should be up for interpretation right?
Hi Georgia, I've stats similar to your, if you don't mind can I ask you what you really focused on for your application and did you take any of your science courses at any community college because that's where I took mine.

mine seems pretty long. I did calibri light, size 10, single spaced, and even adjusted the margins slightly to make it all fit on one page. There's not a ton I want to take out, but the only requirements are "one page total essay" so that should be up for interpretation right?
sorry I might have said wrong name to my previous message