2018-2019 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Very good point

Our hospital here also requires them for employees - not sure if it’s the same for students rotating or not. But we have to have our vaccination history, plus an updated Tdap booster, and titers for Hep, MMR and Varicella. I thought it was over the top until my son (preschool age, not old enough for every vaccine yet) brought home his nice little germ factory present of varicella. It’s nice knowing what all of my titers are with the measles outbreak and such - if my kid catches something before he gets fully vaccinated, I know my patients *probably* won’t catch it from me as long as I change at work and have good hygiene. With the measles outbreak, I think it’s a good thing for them to ensure we are protected from (and thereby, can protect our patients from) it. It also keeps us from bringing little presents home to our loved ones!

Members don't see this ad.

Have any of the 2/22 interviewers heard anything yet? It's been almost 2 weeks.

Got a missed call from Yakima about an hour ago. Called back but got voicemail..maybe??? I interviewed the 2/22 date.

*edit - logged into my portal and it said offer made today so :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted from 2/22 interview, it was updated on the portal!

Late post but accepted. Received the call last Thursday around 11:30am PCT. Interviewed 2/22. Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else interviewing here on 3/29?? I'm getting excited! :)

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you accepted, how many of you are actually accepting the offer? If so, where do you plan on living?

For those that interviewed 2/22 and were accepted, have you all gotten anything in the mail or an email with the forms?

Random question I know but, is any accepted female looking for a roommate? I'm putting myself on the waitlist for a 2-bedroom apartment at the University Parkway apartments. If you're interested in being roommates, please DM me! :)

Does anyone know if they reject post interview or just place people on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
They don’t do it often though from what I understand!
What is your source on this? The numbers don't really make too much sense if this is the case. There are 9 interview dates at around 50-60 people per interview. That makes it around 450-540 people interviewed out of the ~800 invited. If there are ~260 offers made and on average 100 people on the wait list after their interview that leaves 100-150 people that receive a rejection post interview. To me it seems a third get accepted, third on wait list, a third rejected all post interview.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview day? :)
Eat breakfast. Please don’t be the person who passes out from hypoglycemia. You’ll scare the med students.
Be yourself.
If you start to panic, put your feet flat on the ground, your hands on your knees, and take a deep breath.

What is your source on this? The numbers don't really make too much sense if this is the case. There are 9 interview dates at around 50-60 people per interview. That makes it around 450-540 people interviewed out of the ~800 invited. If there are ~260 offers made and on average 100 people on the wait list after their interview that leaves 100-150 people that receive a rejection post interview. To me it seems a third get accepted, third on wait list, a third rejected all post interview.

Current students, folks who have interviewed in previous cycles, etc. I could be wrong, all I know is that they do reject post interview, but that folks don’t feel it is common. I also asked about it and didn’t get a straight answer, but was told that the secondary screen is intensive to make sure that any applicant being interviewed should be a good fit as long as the interview goes well. But again, that’s not specific numbers, just what ive been told - anecdotal

Did you do anything to help get off the waitlist? Also curious when you interviewed.

I was actually planning on submitting my letter of intent and another LOR when I got the call so I hadn't actually turned anything in yet. I interviewed the end of October.

Did you do anything to help get off the waitlist? Also curious when you interviewed.
Based on her above reply I wonder if they preferentially take people off who interviewed earlier. The last interview date is this Friday (4/5) and they usually get acceptances out after two weeks so I am guessing that we will start seeing the waitlist move three weeks from now (4/24). I hope I am not the only waitlisted person stressin right now!:wideyed:

Based on her above reply I wonder if they preferentially take people off who interviewed earlier. The last interview date is this Friday (4/5) and they usually get acceptances out after two weeks so I am guessing that we will start seeing the waitlist move three weeks from now (4/24). I hope I am not the only waitlisted person stressin right now!:wideyed:

You're not alone amigo. Also waitlisted and stressing out since October. Interviewed way back on Sept. 28. My understanding is they do selectively take people off the waitlist until drop season, then rank it and pull. Good luck to us both ;)

How confident are we that the turn around is 2 weeks from initial interview?

How confident are we that the turn around is 2 weeks from initial interview?

Confident. I received my acceptance a day before the 2-week post-interview mark. You will get a call from a Yakima area code around noon that day. I got the call while I was in an HR meeting stressing out over an overzealous employee I was trying to terminate when BOOM, I glanced over my phone and my said screw this job. Good luck!

Just curious where do you get all these numbers from? Ive heard them from others as well and was wondering if they are on their website or something?

Just curious where do you get all these numbers from? Ive heard them from others as well and was wondering if they are on their website or something?
I am eye balling the # actually interviewed from what I saw on the interview day, it is probably less, but I am giving it a liberal estimate. other numbers are from their website and this forum.

I am eye balling the # actually interviewed from what I saw on the interview day, it is probably less, but I am giving it a liberal estimate. other numbers are from their website and this forum.

If it's of any help in your numbers, the 100 waitlist number is where it floats and it stays around 100 because as they add new people, some leave to pursue other medical schools/withdraw from this school. There may actually be a much higher number of people waitlisted, but because of their pursuits elsewhere, they leave the waitlist without ever actually being rejected. Just some food for thought to those crunching numbers. :)

Hey guys! I have also been waitlisted so I am in the same boat as a lot of you. Let's stay strong!

Just as a glimmer of hope for you all. I will be withdrawing my acceptance from this school in the next few days (and kiss my $1000 seat deposit goodbye...*tear*). Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

So I interviewed 3/29 early morning group, and I didn't get an email or anything, but I went to the online portal and it said the decision was waitlisted / 4/10/19. I wasn't too surprised based on the email they sent out prior to interviewing :/ . So if you haven't heard anything and are wondering, log in to the portal!

anyone want to remind me what format our username followed? I only see the one where they are telling me to login using the aacomas id

thanks~

anyone want to remind me what format our username followed? I only see the one where they are telling me to login using the aacomas id

thanks~
For me it follows this format
If my name was First Last
Then logon would be
FLast

Does anyone know when we get our email addresses and the rest of the matriculation docs?
Also, is anyone going to the open house tomorrow?

If you haven't checked the student portal decisions may be up from 4/5 interview date (mine was).

My decision was posted as well (waitlisted). Does anyone know if the school contacts you to provide more info about being on the waitlist, other than the portal update?

I received a letter in the mail about a week following the decision.

When they rank the waitlist in mid May, do they actually start pulling students off at that point? Or do they just rank it and review it and acceptances come later?

Reactions: 1 users
When they rank the waitlist in mid May, do they actually start pulling students off at that point? Or do they just rank it and review it and acceptances come later?
My impression is that it goes ranked then they start filling spots based on who withdraws their acceptances

Also, I got an email yesterday from one school saying the committee was meeting and I got off of a waitlist at another school today, so I have a feeling the action will be starting soon.

Also, I got an email yesterday from one school saying the committee was meeting and I got off of a waitlist at another school today, so I have a feeling the action will be starting soon.

One of my friends who was waitlisted from a late March interview date was given an offer yesterday. Twerp! He didn’t mention an email regarding ranking.

One of my friends who was waitlisted from a late March interview date was given an offer yesterday. Twerp! He didn’t mention an email regarding ranking.
OK so that means the committee met yesterday probably, Based on what a friend of mine has experienced working on committees, and maybe Monday theyll be sending out a top 30 list. ‍

Per email sent by admissions

"They will likely rank and notify the top 30 on the waitlist in mid-May."