2018-2019 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Athens, Ohio)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II lately?

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked, my secondary was submitted September 27 and my portal still is sitting at “secondary submitted”. No boxes or anything noting movement or LORs.

Earlier posts here indicate they got a lot more applications than normal this year so I am hesitant to contact them. I’ll just keep sitting here, refreshing my portal. No anxiety here. Nope. None at all.

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked, my secondary was submitted September 27 and my portal still is sitting at “secondary submitted”. No boxes or anything noting movement or LORs.

Earlier posts here indicate they got a lot more applications than normal this year so I am hesitant to contact them. I’ll just keep sitting here, refreshing my portal. No anxiety here. Nope. None at all.
I submitted around the same time and that around 6 weeks, which is the absolute fastest we should think to get a reply from any school. I know it sucks because I want to hear back as well but I guess we need to be patient

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any II lately?

I think it's a continuous cycle, no matter if people post on SDN. It seems there are interviews most Fridays of the month, with breaks for the holidays etc. I think last year they interviewed on nov3, nov17, dec1, dec8, dec15, and resumed on jan12.

I think it's a continuous cycle, no matter if people post on SDN. It seems there are interviews most Fridays of the month, with breaks for the holidays etc. I think last year they interviewed on nov3, nov17, dec1, dec8, dec15, and resumed on jan12.
I think what people want to know is if they are sending out interview invites recently and how many interview invites are left. But you are absolutely right that they are interviewing every Friday excepts on holidays!

I think what people want to know is if they are sending out interview invites recently and how many interview invites are left. But you are absolutely right that they are interviewing every Friday excepts on holidays!

Yep. Sorry I meant I inferred that the invites are pretty rolling too, as they don't seem to batch invite for multiple dates / far in advance. I think its fair to assume that there are 20 seats x ~15 interview dates left.

I just withdrew from my interview for December 7th (Athens campus)! I'm not too thrilled about the OOS contract and their program changing. Either way, good luck to everyone applying and interviewing!

First year here. If any of you are thinking of coming to OUHCOM and would like some real and honest insight into the new curriculum feel free to PM me. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner- Currently slammed with all the work they gave us over break - W E L L N E S S - I will do my best to respond.

First year here. If any of you are thinking of coming to OUHCOM and would like some real and honest insight into the new curriculum feel free to PM me. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner- Currently slammed with all the work they gave us over break - W E L L N E S S - I will do my best to respond.

Whelp, I’m glad I chose not to interview here. Thanks for the reassurance. However, I’m very sorry about your experience. What a shame. Keep your head up because I’m sure you’ll do great!

Also just a heads up, OU has a pretty strict illness policy. So you are going to be in charge of others health and wellness... but you will not be able to make an educated decision about your own health and wellness-better have a doctors note or its an unexcused absence. You will be essentially a child asking mommy and daddy to let you stay home when you are sick- It is up to them to decide if it is excused, and you will be writing a paper to submit as a replacement of the activity you miss.

Care to share you experiences with everyone? Might save you a bunch of messaging in the long run.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I just wanted to ask- is it possible to receive secondaries without having all recommendation letters submitted?

Do you guys think it's too late to submit an application here? Thanks in advance for any input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone getting interview invites lately? About how long after the complete status on the secondary?

I got an invite last week and I was complete in mid October...hope that helps!
Anyone getting interview invites lately? About how long after the complete status on the secondary?

Hi guys! I just wanted to ask- is it possible to receive secondaries without having all recommendation letters submitted?

Yes, you can get secondaries. Some schools may not like that when it comes to admissions. Others might not care at all.

Has anyone received a secondary yet this week? All of my information has reached OU but just curious on when it will come in

Hi there, are you at all familiar with how admissions is reviewing applications? I submitted my secondary September 4th and my status still shows "application submitted." Should I call about this? I feel as though its been a long time for my application to not even have been looked at yet as others have submitted around the same time and have received II...

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum but had a question I hope someone can answer. I was complete in September but haven’t heard anything. I see people on here who were complete after me who have gotten interview invitations. Does this mean I no longer have a chance of getting one?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum but had a question I hope someone can answer. I was complete in September but haven’t heard anything. I see people on here who were complete after me who have gotten interview invitations. Does this mean I no longer have a chance of getting one?

Thanks in advance.

It took me over two months after I was complete for them to send me an interview. Hang on tight! I’m sure they’ll reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Submitted my secondary early august 505 MCAT 3.6 sgpa and 3.78 mcat and still havent heard back...thoughts?

Submitted my secondary early august 505 MCAT 3.6 sgpa and 3.78 mcat and still havent heard back...thoughts?

You have similar (a bit higher stats) than I do and I got an interview after almost three months of waiting. I’d say if you have research, great letters and ECs, you’ll hear something. It doesn’t hurt to email admissions and ask for an update. Let them know you’re very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

(Long shot) Are there any accepted students looking for a roommate this upcoming year?

Also, for those still waiting. I know it's hard, but you've got to remember that they have to sift through all the applications by hand. It's a lot of work. If they got a lot of applications at once it may be a while especially for applications sent later like in September and October. It's hard to wait even longer after being in limbo for a month to get the MCAT scores but that's all there really is to do.

Last edited:
(Long shot) Are there any accepted students looking for a roommate this upcoming year?

Also, for those still waiting. I know it's hard, but you've got to remember that they have to sift through all the applications by hand. It's a lot of work. If they got a lot of applications at once it may be a while especially for applications sent later like in September and October. It's hard to wait even longer after being in limbo for a month to get the MCAT scores but that's all there really is to do.

Hey PerkinsTractors! I tried to message you but you seem to have conversations blocked, would you mind messaging me? I'm looking for 2 roommates at the Summit.

Was recently waitlisted at both Athens and Cleveland. Does anyone know how this has gone for others in the past? Is there a good chance to be accepted in May or do they have a long list of alternates?

Hello everyone, I am a 4th year at OUHCOM. Can't speak more highly of the school and the experiences I have had over the last 4 years. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

Hello everyone, I am a 4th year at OUHCOM. Can't speak more highly of the school and the experiences I have had over the last 4 years. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

What campus are you from? Also are you open to being PM'd?

I am at the Athens campus but have been doing my 4th year rotations at one of the Cleveland campus sites. And yes anyone is more than welcome to PM me!

I can't PM you right now(I think you have to set up your account to do receive messages but sdn doesn't explain that) but this information may be useful for others too. I know at least three of us acceptees are looking for information on housing in the are. Information like where are some good places, places to avoid, where most people go, etc would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

510 mcat 3.6 overall gpa still waiting too.... I'm planning on sending them an email by the end of this week. Hopefully I'll get some updates lol

I can't PM you right now(I think you have to set up your account to do receive messages but sdn doesn't explain that) but this information may be useful for others too. I know at least three of us acceptees are looking for information on housing in the are. Information like where are some good places, places to avoid, where most people go, etc would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Okay thanks for letting me know, I'll have to set that up! I can only speak on behalf of the Athens campus. Most of us lived at either the Summit or Union Street apartments. I lived at Athens Station on Union street and liked it. They are not as nice as the Summit's, but you can walk to class, the gym, and uptown. Summit is nice in the summers because there is a pool and it did seem like most of the parties were at the summit- this may have just been my class though... You can walk to class when it's nice out, but most of the time you'll be taking a shuttle. I think i paid like $420/month to live at the Union street apartments- not sure what it cost to live at summit. I'm not sure if there are in places to avoid really... maybe be cautious with the Palmer place apartments, or any of the apartments above bars on court street- lots of undergrads and can very loud. Make sure if you choose to get a house you check it out before signing anything. Please feel free to ask me anymore questions. I will set my PM on so you can message me.

Hi All! II today, any accepted students willing to PM me so I can ask some questions? Thanks!

I guess there is a Facebook group for committed students but what if we don't use Facebook or social media really? Will I be able to get that information anywhere else or will I have to sell out and get Facebook?

I guess there is a Facebook group for committed students but what if we don't use Facebook or social media really? Will I be able to get that information anywhere else or will I have to sell out and get Facebook?
I'm in the exact same boat. what are the options for nonsocial media people? I don't want to sell out and get fbook either

Not sure what the options for non-facebook people would be, I'm still waiting to get into the athens group myself. So far it seems like they send most stuff in emails though.Hopefully they add me into it soon because I wanna get moving on finding a roommate and housing because it seems like station street fills pretty quickly
Hi All! II today, any accepted students willing to PM me so I can ask some questions? Thanks!

If you're still looking to ask questions I'm an accepted student and also know a decent bit about athens in general

Hey guys! I'm looking for two roommates in the Summit (I signed up for the 3 person room). If you're interested message me!

I just received an invitation to interview for the Transformative Care Continuum at the Cleveland campus. Has anyone else interviewed or been accepted to this program? If so, I would love some insight into the experience.

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an invitation to interview for the Transformative Care Continuum at the Cleveland campus. Has anyone else interviewed or been accepted to this program? If so, I would love some insight into the experience.
If you don't mind me asking, are you in state or out of state?

If/when you find out more information on this program will you either post or message me. I am not applying until next cycle but am interested in this program at OUHCOM. Good luck at your interview!

Thank you so much and I sure will share once I get more information on the program. Unfortunately, that might be after I have the interview but either way I will keep you posted. :)

Has anyone else heard anything about potential interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had thoughts/comments on writing a letter of intent for OUHCOM. I have a couple acceptances, but OUHCOM is still my number one choice. Thanks!