2018-2019 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Athens, Ohio)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview soon and was wondering if y'all knew anything about if the Dublin campus still has seats, or how I would know in advance which campus I'm interviewing for? I ranked Dublin first (super strong ties), then Cleveland, then Athens third, and I wasn't sure if that means I'm definitely interviewing for Dublin or if I might be interviewing only for Athens? My II email didn't specify one way or another. I know if I'm interviewing for Dublin that I'll do the separate Skype interview so I just want to be prepared either way so that I don't go in all ready to talk about Dublin and then have them ask me why I want to be in Athens lol.

I have an interview soon and was wondering if y'all knew anything about if the Dublin campus still has seats, or how I would know in advance which campus I'm interviewing for? I ranked Dublin first (super strong ties), then Cleveland, then Athens third, and I wasn't sure if that means I'm definitely interviewing for Dublin or if I might be interviewing only for Athens? My II email didn't specify one way or another. I know if I'm interviewing for Dublin that I'll do the separate Skype interview so I just want to be prepared either way so that I don't go in all ready to talk about Dublin and then have them ask me why I want to be in Athens lol.
You will be interviewing with your first ranked campus in mind. If there are no spots left in Dublin or Cleveland but they still want you, they will offer you a seat in Athens

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email! Im on the waitlist for Dublin still too

Congratulations! So you're allowed to accept Athens and still be on the waitlist for Dublin? I'm asking because I'm on the waitlist for both campuses right now and want to know if I can do the same if I'm accepted into Athens, but waitlisted for one of the other campuses (Cleveland in my case).

I'm a little confused, are the CPC curriculum and the PHWC curriculum two options that students have to choose between, or just each a part of the overall curriculum?

Has anyone gotten financial aid information yet or have an idea of when that’s usually posted?

How long do they interview here? Since it’s past Apr 15 and I still haven’t heard anything, is it safe to assume no interview? My portal still just says application complete

The last two interview dates (I think) are this Friday and next Friday. I got my II for this Friday a little over two weeks in advance so I would think that all invites have been given out at this point :/

No worries at all! Luckily I have some other acceptances was just waiting to make a decision until I heard back from every school so just confirming there’s no real chance of anything at OU. Congrats to all those accepted/interviewed & go Bobcats!

Is there some type of forum for incoming students (Athens) to find roommates? All I'm seeing is links directly to signing a lease.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little confused, are the CPC curriculum and the PHWC curriculum two options that students have to choose between, or just each a part of the overall curriculum?

- CPC is the old curriculum
- PHCW is the new curriculum that current 1st years, and incoming class will be in.
- TCC is a small group in Cleveland that is on a modified timeline to finish school + residency in 6(?) years.

Just withdrew my acceptance for the Cleveland campus. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard any waitlist news?

Just accepted off of the WL on May 6th and confirmed my spot this morning! Good luck to everyone!

did you submit any updates while you were on the waitlist?

Yes! I sent in midterm grades and a few things like research conference presentations etc. They were always extremely quick on noting that they received them also.

Yes! I sent in midterm grades and a few things like research conference presentations etc. They were always extremely quick on noting that they received them also.
did you just email them with an update or did you attach a separate document?

I emailed them with a description of my update and attached documents as 'proof'' as well!
For the attached 'proof' documents, did you give them attach an unofficial transcript PDF to them?

Besides the one person who said they got accepted from the waitlist on may 6th, has there been any other movement?

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance from the Cleveland campus this past Thursday. Hope one of you gets my spot!

sir where will you be going instead?
Although I thoroughly enjoyed my interview at OU-HCOM; remain extremely impressed by its faculty, curriculum, and facilities; and am very grateful to have been planning to attend medical school at OU-HCOM Cleveland - I was recently offered a seat at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. LUC SSOM's values and mission perfectly fits what I sought out when applying for medical school (and Chicago for med school offers some great opportunities for working with diverse populations and those in need), and so it was my overall top choice as far as all the programs to which I applied went (save for CCLCM, bc free tuition). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I been on the waitlist forever! Don’t know what to do at this point to better my chances, already sent a letter of intent. Do they put everyone on the waitlist or do they actually deny people?

I been on the waitlist forever! Don’t know what to do at this point to better my chances, already sent a letter of intent. Do they put everyone on the waitlist or do they actually deny people?
hang in there :(( Unless you have some significant updates, I think you have done everything that you could at this point. So you should be proud of that and try to keep your spirit up. I dont know if you have other acceptances. If you dont, maybe think about ways to improve your app or a plan B in the mean time? You will hear back one way or the other. I hope you can get in but if not, I wish you will be ready to impress in the next cycle you apply!!

Hi everyone - I'm actually applying here for the next cycle. If anyone is willing to share - I'd like to hear from non-traditional students with low MCAT scores that have been accepted. If you wouldnt mind , also , what was your score ? I took the MCAT last year and only scored a 482. I'm retaking it this year and I'm so nervous. Does anyone know how low of a score they'd accept ? (I know that's awful to ask , but I'm searching for hope lol)

Hi everyone - I'm actually applying here for the next cycle. If anyone is willing to share - I'd like to hear from non-traditional students with low MCAT scores that have been accepted. If you wouldnt mind , also , what was your score ? I took the MCAT last year and only scored a 482. I'm retaking it this year and I'm so nervous. Does anyone know how low of a score they'd accept ? (I know that's awful to ask , but I'm searching for hope lol)

When I toured this Spring, our group was told during the presentation that the average MCAT score has lately been increasing with each passing year. I believe in 2012, it was around ~502; in 2014, ~504; in 2016, ~506; and in 2018, ~507-508.

If you want a decent shot, you’re going to have to score in the upper 500s on your second attempt and do a good job explaining the reason for the score discrepancy. That being said, many schools average out all MCAT attempts.

The lowest score they accept is a 488.

Apply to one of their summer programs, some of them have a guarantee interview regardless of your score, specially if you are a minority student.

I had 510 with 3.6 GPA in BME and didnt receive an interview invite till late March. Not sure if this helps you or not but i think the overall process has gotten more competitive. best of luck to you!!

Anyone heard of any waitlist movement? I don't know when OU's list starts moving but this thread has been very quiet

I got off the waitlist for the Athens campus on May 14th, I am still on the waitlist for Dublin and Cleveland. Is it common to get off the waitlists for the other campuses? I am looking at places to lease for the incoming school year and I would like to have a head start and I'm not sure if I should wait to hear from the other campuses, or if I'm pretty much guaranteed to stay at Athens.

Has anyone called to inquire about waitlist movement? If they foresee more? If there has been a lot already? Etc

Withdrawing my spot at the Cleveland Campus, hoping an applicant on here gets it!

Waitlist at NEOMED finally moved. It was a hard decision, OU HCOM's staff were so personal and kind.

Are there still chances of getting off of the waitlist at this point for OU? Is there a way to call to see how far up on the waitlist you are or anything?