2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What was the determining factor? I’m just curious?
3 Things: Location, Rotation Site, and COMLEX Performance. Also, the other school accepted me November of last year and somehow fell in love with them already. If LMU interviewed me earlier, my perception would have been different. Like I said, It was a hard decision to make. I believe LMUDCOM is a great school and I am grateful for the acceptance offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I have my interview Friday and was wondering what people dress like for the dinner tomorrow night? The one that’s like put on by the students. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I have my interview Friday and was wondering what people dress like for the dinner tomorrow night? The one that’s like put on by the students. Thank you!
Casual relaxed. I wouldn’t wear a tie or bow tie but I’m sure a polo tucked in with pants would do.

Castlebranch is the worst. My official immunizations are in landscape. Every time I scan it to flip to portrait it loses some definition so that when I send it in some parts of it become unreadable so they deny it. I called castlebranch and all they said was it has to be portrait. No help at all.

i recommend a free APP, “Scannable”. I used my iphone and this software to scan all my document into PDFs. All of my document are uploaded successfully.

Hi - I am a current 1st year! If anyone ( girls) is looking for accommodation during boot camp - I will be renting my room. Message me if interested. Also, congratulations to everyone who got accepted :)

Reactions: 4 users
Current Students: Any iPad apps you recommend to install during the school year? Any required apps I should purchase now? I am thinking of apps for anatomy, Anki, etc.

Hey all!
Are there any current students who never took anatomy in college and did not do the boot camp but ended up doing fine in anatomy at LMUDCOM?
I didn’t do boot camp, but I did do anatomy in undergrad but didn’t retain a single thing from it. I did well in anatomy, I know people say boot camp is really helpful, but it’s definitely doable either way.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a non traditional student and never took Anatomy before and did OK in 1st sem. I think it is defn doable!

Last edited:
Do any current students know of any good apartments in or close to Harrogate?

I rented a duplex with Ball apartments. Roger Ball is the owner, really helpful guy. I got a 2 br 2 bth for $785. 5 minutes from campus

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For current students, do you use any of the books?

Any pre-interview rejections yet? I don't get why they don't just send those out! clearly last interviews are this month!

After the committee meets, how long before we can expect a decision?

Does anyone know if there are any spots open or are they just waitlisting students?

Interview 2/22. WL 3/12. Accepted today. MS AS at LMU currently

I know the waitlist isn't ranked, so is it just whoever gets waitlisted first gets accepted first?

I know the waitlist isn't ranked, so is it just whoever gets waitlisted first gets accepted first?

I believe they wait until mid-May then they re-evaluate everyone on the waitlist and compare everyone’s application as a whole. It just means you don’t have a specific rank on the waitlist right now.

I wish you could post that letter somehow.
Well I am a Canadian applicant, so all they said was they give strong international preference to the students who have who have ties to Appalachia. Which is like the mountain region in northeastern Canada?? I was like..okay?? They did not send any official rejection but I am guessing this was it for me?

Well I am a Canadian applicant, so all they said was they give strong international preference to the students who have who have ties to Appalachia. Which is like the mountain region in northeastern Canada?? I was like..okay?? They did not send any official rejection but I am guessing this was it for me?

I didn’t get this Appalachia email, but I feel like I will soon

I didn’t get this Appalachia email, but I feel like I will soon
are you an international applicant? I am suppose they are only sending them out to international kids! Anyways keep me updated if you hear anything

Current Students: Any iPad apps you recommend to install during the school year? Any required apps I should purchase now? I am thinking of apps for anatomy, Anki, etc.

There are a number of 3D anatomy atlases that are great. Netter, Visible Body, etc. I would recommend getting one of them just to have a reference of 3d relationships between structures. Also I am a hardcore Anki zealot, so I'd recommend at least trying that too, because it's free. I never used flash cards before med school and I pretty much exclusively used Anki for the first 2 years.

As some people mentioned, the Facebook page is good. Most of the rentals in the area are through individuals who rent properties, not through apartment complexes. DCOMdo.com is the best place to look in my opinion.

For current students, do you use any of the books?

Basically never, but I've never been a huge book reader. There are a few classes where the book is helpful like EPC (the clinical skills course) and Repro, but if you haven't used textbooks to study in the past, I wouldn't spend the money.

Finally got the pre-II rejection saying that all interview seats are filled. Bummer.
The email did strongly encourage me to apply early next cycle and that I am well rounded and fit the mission of LMU-DCOM.
At least I don't have long to wait before applying again

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully next year will work out. Did they send you that just this morning?

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully next year will work out. Did they send you that just this morning?
Yesterday afternoon. I had to pull it out of my spam. I am not sure if the "well rounded" and "mission" aspect of the email is personalized based on an actual evaluation of my app or just a standard email message, but the descriptors certainly apply to me and it gives me hope for this coming cycle.
I wonder if it makes sense to give them a call and ask for feedback on my app...

Yesterday afternoon. I had to pull it out of my spam. I am not sure if the "well rounded" and "mission" aspect of the email is personalized based on an actual evaluation of my app or just a standard email message, but the descriptors certainly apply to me and it gives me hope for this coming cycle.
I wonder if it makes sense to give them a call and ask for feedback on my app...

I'm sure it couldn't hurt. The admissions committee seems very helpful and responsive to inquiries.

Got a call from the Dean earlier with the admission offer. Does anyone know how many days we have until the deposit is due?