2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we signed the matriculation agreement can we still withdraw from the class?
You definitely can withdraw, the question is whether you’ll get your deposit back.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t know directly but if you look at their Facebook chat their class is pretty much full. I doubt they are still interviewing but you can always call.
Ty! I emailed the individual back who emailed me and got no response lol I feel played lowkey

Members don't see this ad :)
Ty! I emailed the individual back who emailed me and got no response lol I feel played lowkey
DCOM admissions staff is really bad at responding in a timely manner. Does anyone know if interviews are still happening?

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think they’re responding to anyone right now (that isn’t a matriculant specifically) because I sent an email Friday and they never responded. I sent one yesterday to ask if they received it and never got a response either. I think they’re busy with matriculation.

You guys have to see that it is a busy time right now. I would recommend calling them. I was always able to solve everything through the phone.

Reactions: 1 users
DCOM admissions staff is really bad at responding in a timely manner. Does anyone know if interviews are still happening?
I wouldn’t say they’re bad at responding. I just think they’re busy with matriculation. I was waitlisted and from what they sent me stated they were interviewing until mid-May. However, the class is full so I’m not sure.

Try calling them and I always had success taking to Ms. Porter. To that matter, I was able to talk to her today and she did say she got couple hundred emails in the last few days and she will be momentarily responding to all emails.

Reactions: 2 users
I mean, yes I understand they're very busy! I did email back literally 2 minutes after they emailed me so I assumed they were busy when they didn't respond. I'm just gonna assume they're interviewing for the waitlist if they even are still interviewing (which makes sense since traffic day is May 15). I would call too but I don't want to be annoying lol so ill just wait

I mean, yes I understand they're very busy! I did email back literally 2 minutes after they emailed me so I assumed they were busy when they didn't respond. I'm just gonna assume they're interviewing for the waitlist if they even are still interviewing (which makes sense since traffic day is May 15). I would call too but I don't want to be annoying lol so ill just wait
Just give them a call my friend. It doesn't hurt and I am sure they will be helpful.

I spoke with someone yesterday morning and she said they’re having a hard time because a main person in admissions is moving this week. I would think making a call wouldn’t be a problem at all because they’re receiving so many emails right now, and since the one lady is leaving, she’s probably not going to be responding to anyone.

Has anyone heard back after confirming they would like to remain on the LMU-DCOM Alternate List?

Members don't see this ad :)
You definitely can withdraw, the question is whether you’ll get your deposit back.

To my knowledge the matriculation deposit is non refundable. I believe they state this in the offer letter or the matriculation agreement email received. Can't remember which one.

To my knowledge the matriculation deposit is non refundable. I believe they state this in the offer letter or the matriculation agreement email received. Can't remember which one.
It is not refundable

Just to reiterate - deposit is non-refundable, it does hold your spot so if you pay and then want to withdraw, you can (but you lose your deposit). The consensus is that if you get into your top choice school, you’ll just bite the bullet and lose the deposit. Interviews are probably done (they did not hold them this week, I don’t think they held them last week, and they have enough people on the waitlist that I doubt they would need more). And yeah, offices are a mix of staffed and unstaffed right now with COVID-19, so if you don’t get a call back, leave a voicemail and shoot them an email.

Traffic day is today. Hope we will see some movement starting Monday.

Reactions: 8 users
Can a current student give any insight to what my schedule here would be like? What time do classes start and end during the week, are classes the same times everyday or do we get out at different times on other days, etc?

Can a current student give any insight to what my schedule here would be like? What time do classes start and end during the week, are classes the same times everyday or do we get out at different times on other days, etc?

Hey! This link should be able to give you a good idea of the schedule. It currently only has the one from this past spring but the fall schedule hopefully will be updated soon!

the link is correct. currently though, next fall schedule isn't up yet (just the spring 2020) so i would like to mention that OMS1 fall vs spring schedules are very different! Fall there will be 4 lectures a day tops and your afternoons will be anatomy lab, OPP lab, or EPC lab. Spring there can be up to 6 lectures a day, as well as EPC or OPP lab

the link is correct. currently though, next fall schedule isn't up yet (just the spring 2020) so i would like to mention that OMS1 fall vs spring schedules are very different! Fall there will be 4 lectures a day tops and your afternoons will be anatomy lab, OPP lab, or EPC lab. Spring there can be up to 6 lectures a day, as well as EPC or OPP lab
Thank you so much! I only ask because I have two very young children that will need to be in daycare and I’m trying to figure out a schedule for us ahead of time, so I really appreciate it!

Thank you so much! I only ask because I have two very young children that will need to be in daycare and I’m trying to figure out a schedule for us ahead of time, so I really appreciate it!
Also, if anyone knows any daycare contact info for the area or someone I can contact about renting a home, please share that with me as well!

Also, if anyone knows any daycare contact info for the area or someone I can contact about renting a home, please share that with me as well!

you should reach out in the fb group and ask to get in touch with current students about childcare. I’m sure the current students would be able to give you suggestions.

I do not have Facebook but it looks like I might need to get one!

you should! You could make it just to use it for school. The fb group is really helpful bc students share resources and study guides on there. I use it a lot

Just got the call 20 minutes ago! Accepted off the waitlist for Knoxville!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I just got an email confirming my interest to stay on the alternate list. Has anyone got the same?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many seats they have in total and how many do they have left to fill? Also any idea how many are in waiting list for Harrogate? The fb page for harrogate class of 2024 show 257 members. Does that mean they have already filled the 250 seats?

I got one last week and said the deadline was the 15th. Is it a different one than that?
The deadline was on the 15th to confirm your intent to stay on the alternate list. The email that I received today was thanking my interest to stay on the list.

The deadline was on the 15th to confirm your intent to stay on the alternate list. The email that I received today was thanking my interest to stay on the list.

I didn’t get that one. I also sent an update and still haven’t heard anything. I might reach out to them again to make sure there’s not anything else to do.

Nevermind. I just got the one you received as well

Does anyone know how many seats they have in total and how many do they have left to fill? Also any idea how many are in waiting list for Harrogate? The fb page for harrogate class of 2024 show 257 members. Does that mean they have already filled the 250 seats?
The FB numbers can include admins, students from previous years, etc. If you look at the 2023 FB page, they have 657 members.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call for Harrogate campus! Pulled from waitlist from 2/14 interview!

Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? I’ve been snooping on the posts all the way to the first tab and I noticed that some people that interviewed after others (and were placed on the waitlist) received their acceptance off the waitlist before them.

Has anyone else not received the waitlist confirmation email that was send this week?

did you receive an email on Monday to confirm your waitlist?

I got that email yesterday. I got an email about 2 weeks ago asking to confirm my interest and then got one yesterday thanking me for my interest.

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? I’ve been snooping on the posts all the way to the first tab and I noticed that some people that interviewed after others (and were placed on the waitlist) received their acceptance off the waitlist before them.
it is ranked but admissions usually does not reveal the rankings or how they determine who is ranked at what number.

it is ranked but admissions usually does not reveal the rankings or how they determine who is ranked at what number.
Their website says the waitlist is not ranked. Is it secretly ranked because there are people who have been waitlisted later yet receive their acceptance before previous waitlisted people?

To my knowledge the waitlist is not ranked. It’s possible that has changed due to COVID, but I doubt they will say as much. That’s not to say that acceptances are handed out in order of when you interviewed, though, the committee still meets and evaluates the waitlisted candidates based on the same criteria they used when evaluating interviewees. If a great candidate was interviewed in May but they didn’t have the space to accept, they’re not going to wait until they’ve completely exhausted the waitlist to accept them.

I imagine they probably have some type of tiered system once they go through it for traffic day, so as to not evaluate every single person each time a spot opens up, but in previous years, every single applicant on the list is reviewed at least two or three times from May through July as they go.

On-campus housing has been discussed several times on this thread, use the search feature to search for housing and the Inn. Personally I don’t recommend it, you can get something bigger, better, and cheaper off-campus with more reliable WiFi.

I still have not heard back from them to confirm my waitlist, any else? should I call them?

I’m on the waitlist, and sent a LOI via email about a month ago, and have not received a response. Should I send it through the mail to ensure they receive it?

Does anyone have an opinion/advice on this??

I’m on the waitlist, and sent a LOI via email about a month ago, and have not received a response. Should I send it through the mail to ensure they receive it?

I would reach out and make sure they got it. I got a confirmation saying they’d add it to my file when I sent mine.

I sent one too a while ago and I’ve repeatedly emailed and called but haven’t received a response. I think they’re busy with matriculation.

I would reach out and make sure they got it. I got a confirmation saying they’d add it to my file when I sent mine.

I called and was told I would receive a confirmation email when it was added to my file. I just want to make sure it didn’t get lost in all of the emails she is probably receiving right now!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN