2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if LMU does silent rejections? I mean it is May 5th and I still haven't got an interview yet, but haven't heard anything from them at all.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m pretty sure people on the waitlist for Knoxville get priority over people trying to transfer from Harrogate. Could be wrong, but I’m not sure how else they would do it. Hopefully they will start pulling soon now that we’re getting into May.
Pretty sure they will survive two years in harrogate lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if LMU does silent rejections? I mean it is May 5th and I still haven't got an interview yet, but haven't heard anything from them at all.
Since they pushed back their secondary deadline, I'm guessing they didn't have enough applicants/ the applicants they wanted? I haven't heard anything either so I sent them an update. If the pushed back their secondary, then maybe they pushed back their interview cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Since they pushed back their secondary deadline, I'm guessing they didn't have enough applicants/ the applicants they wanted? I haven't heard anything either so I sent them an update. If the pushed back their secondary, then maybe they pushed back their interview cycle.
I think everything was pushed due to COVID-19, not because of something else. Other schools also extended their deadlines due to the virus.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviews usually end by April, but due to this whole craziness they extended a little, but I’m pretty sure is over by now. Applications for 2021 is already open if I’m not mistaken.

I got in contact with them and they currently don’t have any files pulled for interviews at this point. But it sounded like they could pull if they really needed too. Apparently they had over 5,000 applications this cycle and didn’t get a chance to take a look at every decent candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got in contact with them and they currently don’t have any files pulled for interviews at this point. But it sounded like they could pull if they really needed too. Apparently they had over 5,000 applications this cycle and didn’t get a chance to take a look at every decent candidate.

Oh damn, they told you they had around 5,000 applications?

Just got the A call tonight around 7!!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Just asking because i interviewed 04/24 also but didn’t hear anything this evening ://
The call was pretty late so you never know!! Don’t lost hope just yet my friend

Does LMU update the portal with the status of the application / decisions made?

I had a virtual interview, so I wasn't able to talk to anyone about housing and the logistics about moving to Harrogate. Is there a place where most students rent???

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email from LMU-DCOM asking to confirm my intent to stay on the alternate list. Has anyone got similar email?

I got an email from LMU-DCOM asking to confirm my intent to stay on the alternate list. Has anyone got similar email?
I received the same. Good to know that they are still gauging interest, I suppose.

With traffic day approaching, they are trying to narrow down which students still have a commitment to attend their school. If you’ve been accepted at another school and sign the matriculation agreement for that school, then they want to remove you from the class or the wait list and open the spot for someone else. I know I got a reminder this morning to sign and submit my matriculation agreement so that they can pull from the wait list if I don’t plan on attending. So movement on the wait list is quickly approaching!

I had a virtual interview, so I wasn't able to talk to anyone about housing and the logistics about moving to Harrogate. Is there a place where most students rent???
There is a Facebook group called LMU-DCOM Harrogate Housing Options that a lot of people use. It’s mostly houses if you want to find a couple roommates, but there are a few apartments, duplexes, or small houses too that are pretty affordable.
But, if you are willing to possibly pay a little more and save yourself the headache of looking at houses, T&K or Ball Realty are really good options for apartments. I personally went with Ball Realty.

There is a Facebook group called LMU-DCOM Harrogate Housing Options that a lot of people use. It’s mostly houses if you want to find a couple roommates, but there are a few apartments, duplexes, or small houses too that are pretty affordable.
But, if you are willing to possibly pay a little more and save yourself the headache of looking at houses, T&K or Ball Realty are really good options for apartments. I personally went with Ball Realty.

thanks I’ll check it out!!

Did anyone else interview on the 1st? I’m still waiting to hear something so if you did, please let me know! :)

Withdrawing my acceptance from LMU-DCOM Knoxville. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 5 users
I was looking at the supply list and a white coat and scrubs are on there. Does anyone know if there is a specific color of scrubs? Also I kind of thought they would provide the white coat at the White Coat Ceremony.

I was looking at the supply list and a white coat and scrubs are on there. Does anyone know if there is a specific color of scrubs? Also I kind of thought they would provide the white coat at the White Coat Ceremony.

Scrubs are for anatomy so any color is fine. I think last year clubs sold some as well.
The white coat ceremony isn’t until spring, so they require you to have your own before that. It’s for SPEs mostly.

They published the supply list?

Scrubs are for anatomy so any color is fine. I think last year clubs sold some as well.
The white coat ceremony isn’t until spring, so they require you to have your own before that. It’s for SPEs mostly.

Well I guess starting with my class they are doing it in the fall, like many other med schools. Our White Coat Ceremony is August 15th 2020.

Well I guess starting with my class they are doing it in the fall, like many other med schools. Our White Coat Ceremony is August 15th 2020.

Due to COVID concerns they are not doing white coats in the fall bc they don't want to risk having such a huge event in august with all our family and friends quite yet, they will be in the spring so you will need a white coat (just buy the cheapest one you can find its no big deal). Scrubs can be any color or print, there is no requirement. We do have a club that offers LMU DCOM embroidered scrubs as well. I'd also like to add that buying all the medical supplies separately can add up to be more expensive than the bulk package DCOM offers so look into that if you want to save money. Everything is required

Don't get that Agahnim started, lol i don't trust anyone who made a burner account last month just to talk **** but ok

Reactions: 3 users

Where did you find the supply list?

Did they send anything out about the supply list? I'm just surprised it was finalized and posted, but there wasn't an email about it.

Did they send anything out about the supply list? I'm just surprised it was finalized and posted, but there wasn't an email about it.

to my knowledge it's been posted for a while bc I told an incoming first year about it a few months ago, i don't believe it changes much year to year. the link is right but you can just google "lmu dcom oms1 supplies" or switch out supplies for "schedule" and the link should be the first one

If we signed the matriculation agreement can we still withdraw from the class?
Yes, I will like more insight into this as well. I am currently on the waitlist at my top choice but have to hand in the matriculation agreement in 2 days.

I submitted my secondary March 30, was complete March 30, and sent an update with my final transcript on April 29. Today, May 13, I was emailed back saying they received my transcript and continued interest update. DID THEIR INTERVIEW SEASON NOT END???? Anyone know???

I submitted my secondary March 30, was complete March 30, and sent an update with my final transcript on April 29. Today, May 13, I was emailed back saying they received my transcript and continued interest update. DID THEIR INTERVIEW SEASON NOT END???? Anyone know???
I wouldn’t know directly but if you look at their Facebook chat their class is pretty much full. I doubt they are still interviewing but you can always call.

Hey!
I really encourage you to reach out to an admissions member directly. I might believe interviews are done, but only they know for sure. Doesn’t hurt to call and speak with them directly.
Best of luck to you!

If we signed the matriculation agreement can we still withdraw from the class?
I asked if it was binding and they said no. I'm on another waitlist too. I went ahead and just turned it in.