2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have you tried to call and ask this? Whitney is super kind and helpful, and would probably be able to give you some info. I did that with another school I was WL at, and they were very receptive to it.

No! She has been extremely kind and helpful with what I feel like is a plethora of questions that I've had... I don't want to bug her more than necessary!

Members don't see this ad.

No! She has been extremely kind and helpful with what I feel like is a plethora of questions that I've had... I don't want to bug her more than necessary!
I feel the same

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What did you ask her if you don’t mind my asking?

Well, really not much. I sent in some updated transcripts since I just graduated and then another time if there was anything I could do in the meantime/had there been any movement. I may have to email her again with an update and if I do I will slide in some questions and let you all know :)

I think any information, whether good or bad, is helpful in not losing your mind during the wait!

Reactions: 3 users
Got a call yesterday saying that there is a seat open if I am interested but I turned it down. I will be attending my state MD school.
There is hope to those of you waiting. Good luck :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got a call yesterday saying that there is a seat open if I am interested but I turned it down. I will be attending my state MD school.

Congrats on your acceptance and good luck! What time of day did you get the call?

Hope for us!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations !! and thank you for the update :)

• Love
Well, really not much. I sent in some updated transcripts since I just graduated and then another time if there was anything I could do in the meantime/had there been any movement. I may have to email her again with an update and if I do I will slide in some questions and let you all know :)

I think any information, whether good or bad, is helpful in not losing your mind during the wait!
I also got the call this morning at 10:30 am
how long have you been waitlisted for and did you accept the offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you follow up with them by sending a letter of intention?

Thank you!!! I sent my transcripts to Whitney Porter from this past Spring and included a paragraph (or a bit more) expressing how much I enjoyed my time there and how amazing the school was! Not really a formal letter of intention I guess. I really hope some more seats open up for the rest, waiting has been the worst part lol

I feel like the time that you got waitlisted doesn't really matter bc I've been waitlisted since mid February!
Yeah, you are probably right. I’ve been waitlisted since April and I followed up with an additional letter of recommendation from my current employer and wrote a detailed letter of intention. I haven’t yet heard back. I’m hoping we both get those calls soon. I’m starting to lose hope over here. I know they have until July ( that’s what she said when I emailed her) but it’s just frustrating , you know?

Yeah, you are probably right. I’ve been waitlisted since April and I followed up with an additional letter of recommendation from my current employer and wrote a detailed letter of intention. I haven’t yet heard back. I’m hoping we both get those calls soon. I’m starting to lose hope over here. I know they have until July ( that’s what she said when I emailed her) but it’s just frustrating , you know?

Oh trust me, I know. It's just heartbreaking so get so close but so far away! All we can do is keep working towards the goal and do our best to improve during the gap year we may have to take. Persistence and passion is key!

Oh trust me, I know. It's just heartbreaking so get so close but so far away! All we can do is keep working towards the goal and do our best to improve during the gap year we may have to take. Persistence and passion is key!
Yeah, you are right

Does anyone on here know the graduation rates for DCOM? It seems that information has been removed from their page.

Does anyone on here know the graduation rates for DCOM? It seems that information has been removed from their page.

The most recent one I could find online was 2009. Attrition rate a little shy of 9 percent then. Not sure the accuracy of that. Residency placement is I believe around 83%.

I just withdrew my acceptance here. Hope one of you get the call soon. Good luck!!

Reactions: 5 users
Any current students that have a car payment? How much can we afford on our loan amount?

Offered a spot declined it. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all on the waiting list.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
The most recent one I could find online was 2009. Attrition rate a little shy of 9 percent then. Not sure the accuracy of that. Residency placement is I believe around 83%.
They have this information available to their site and the numbers are consistently 98-99 percent matched....the only students who don’t match typically rejected their match site and continue onto research.
Plus the school only opened in 2007.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call yesterday afternoon for a spot in Harrogate! So incredibly happy and thankful. Praying there is still living options available:)

Got the call yesterday afternoon for a spot in Harrogate! So incredibly happy and thankful. Praying there is still living options available:)

Congrats! Are you committing to them for certain? Anyone else get calls? I’m still waiting...

Hi! I plan on applying during the 2019-2020 cycle and I’m having a hard time deciding which campus to designate... Harrogate vs Knoxville. I feel I’d be very happy at either location, however, I will be needing daycare options. Obviously Knox is a larger city with more options but does anyone have any insight on childcare facilities in Harrogate? Feel free to send me a private message with any information! Congrats on all the acceptances from last cycle :)

Hi! I plan on applying during the 2019-2020 cycle and I’m having a hard time deciding which campus to designate... Harrogate vs Knoxville. I feel I’d be very happy at either location, however, I will be needing daycare options. Obviously Knox is a larger city with more options but does anyone have any insight on childcare facilities in Harrogate? Feel free to send me a private message with any information! Congrats on all the acceptances from last cycle :)

I heard that harrogate has a daycare on campus, but I couldn’t find anything when I looked. I was going to switch campuses, but there didn’t seem to be anything close that had decent reviews from parents

About a week or so ago I asked Whitney what the waitlist looked like and she told me there were still over 100 at this point. Tough to say what percentage supplied an LOI because she said that's usually where they start, still discouraging nonetheless. OOS 3.2, 512 and still waiting if that means anything. Will be attending the anatomical sciences program now that they have guaranteed acceptance if you maintain a 3.4 in the fall semester.

About a week or so ago I asked Whitney what the waitlist looked like and she told me there were still over 100 at this point. Tough to say what percentage supplied an LOI because she said that's usually where they start, still discouraging nonetheless. OOS 3.2, 512 and still waiting if that means anything. Will be attending the anatomical sciences program now that they have guaranteed acceptance if you maintain a 3.4 in the fall semester.

I'm attending Anatomical Sciences too! I've heard good things about the program. Still crossing my fingers about the waitlist but if there's still 100 on it then there's no way.

A great majority of the MS students that were put on the waitlist haven't heard back either if that makes anyone feel better. There has only been a handful of people pulled that were initially put on the waitlist. No one knows what's going on.

A great majority of the MS students that were put on the waitlist haven't heard back either if that makes anyone feel better. There has only been a handful of people pulled that were initially put on the waitlist. No one knows what's going on.

Maybe, by some miracle, there will be a flood of acceptance at that last minute.