2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Soooooo, anyone want to call and ask if they sent out the acceptances already for this month

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently they got mailed on the 15th

Sigh. Why haven't they updated one.iu profiles? Unless we all didn't get considered this month haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No letter today or portal updates for me either. The frustration continues :/

Admitted!!! I’m a current IU student, so my One.IU (student center) is updated saying I’m admitted. No change in the portal yet and not sure about mail yet. Interviewed 1/23, so a quick turnaround.

Reactions: 7 users
Admitted!!! I’m a current IU student, so my One.IU (student center) is updated saying I’m admitted. No change in the portal yet and not sure about mail yet. Interviewed 1/23, so a quick turnaround.
I think you were in my interview group.. I remember a cyclist. Congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Admitted! OOS interviewed on 01/16! One.IU portal was updated saying I'm admitted. So happy!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
How do you check if you've been admitted through your One.IU account?? Went on the student center but under application it said to look at the application portal... does that just mean I'm still under consideration?

Last edited:
How I feel after still not having a decision when I interviewed in Nov... :(

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 11/14, instate student, accepted!!!!! So happy.

FYI they do rejections throughout the cycle. My friend was waitlisted in January but got off during spring break, and another friend that was already rejected post interview this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
FYI they do rejections throughout the cycle. My friend was waitlisted in January but got off during spring break, and another friend that was already rejected post interview this cycle.
This somehow makes me feel slightly better? Im beginning to think they’re just stringing me along for a late R

Any interview advice? My interview is tomorrow afternoon in South Bend and im stuck in the airport with a delayed flight freaking out a bit since I won't land until after midnight now.

What does the student center say when you're admitted?

What does the student center say when you're admitted?
It says "congratulation, you have been admitted, you will receive a formal letter of admissions in the mail with information on your next steps."

It says "congratulation, you have been admitted, you will receive a formal letter of admissions in the mail with information on your next steps."
Oh I see. Ok thank you! Congrats!

So if our one.iu portal isn’t updated, does that mean we’ve been deferred? Mine still says check the portal.

To anyone who was accepted today to IU (and this was their first acceptance at an AMCAS school), did your AMCAS account update yet to reveal the "choose your medical school tool"?

Congrats man!!! That’s awesome! Where within the student center did you find this

I interviews 1/23 as well. Did you
I think you were in my interview group.. I remember a cyclist. Congrats on your acceptance!

Congratulations!
Would you be so kind to update us when you receive your application portal update and your mail letter.
I also interviewed 1/23 but I'm OOS.
I have been accepted at another school and I have to pay a 2000 deposit this week.
However, IU is my first choice. I am waiting to hear back from IU I don't want to lose my 2000 to another schoool.

Congrats man!!! That’s awesome! Where within the student center did you find this

Scroll to the bottom of the student center, and under admissions there should be an application to IUPUI for Medicine Professional. Click View Status. If it says check the portal, then they haven’t reached a decision yet. If it says “Congratulations, you’ve been admitted...”, then you’ve been admitted as far as I know.

Scroll to the bottom of the student center, and under admissions there should be an application to IUPUI for Medicine Professional. Click View Status. If it says check the portal, then they haven’t reached a decision yet. If it says “Congratulations, you’ve been admitted...”, then you’ve been admitted as far as I know.
So if it doesn't say "Congratulations..." for us, is the next chance we could receive a decision after their next meeting on March 15?

To anyone who was accepted today to IU (and this was their first acceptance at an AMCAS school), did your AMCAS account update yet to reveal the "choose your medical school tool"?
My one.iu thing updated today saying I got into IU but it didn't show up on the choose your med school thing. My other schools did show up, so maybe give it a few days? It might take a week or two for the acceptance to actually update on AMCAS' part.

Any interview advice? My interview is tomorrow afternoon in South Bend and im stuck in the airport with a delayed flight freaking out a bit since I won't land until after midnight now.
I'm sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out for you and you're able to make it. I also almost missed my flight to Indy due to the weather conditions.

As far the interview goes, I thought it was pretty relaxed and low stress. Apparently you're supposed to have two interviewers but I only had one and it was open file. Expect some questions about your application and do yourself a favor by going over the competencies beforehand. I'm sure if you search on their website regarding the interview details, you'll come across those competencies in addition to some tips such as brushing up on their curriculum change and why you want to go there. Good luck!

Thank you! It says check portal. Waiting game once again. :(

I interviews 1/23 as well. Did you

Congratulations!
Would you be so kind to update us when you receive your application portal update and your mail letter.
I also interviewed 1/23 but I'm OOS.
I have been accepted at another school and I have to pay a 2000 deposit this week.
However, IU is my first choice. I am waiting to hear back from IU I don't want to lose my 2000 to another schoool.
I'm in the same boat. Unsure of what to do.

Good luck today! I work on the South Bend campus - the people here are extremely nice and welcoming.

Hey guys. My friend isn’t on SDN but she just got letter in the mail. So expect something today or tomorrow for sure. Best of luck to everyone.

Long time observer here, happy to finally say I am accepted!! IS, letter came today.

I also got my acceptance in the mail this afternoon! I don't have a one.iu account so not sure if anything would have happened there but my secondary portal definitely isn't updated yet. Good luck to all of you!

Just got my letter in the mail today! I interviewed on the 9th but didn’t turn my extra forms in till the end of January. I was shocked they got back to me that quick!

Do you get told which campus you are admitted to? How is the campus selection done?

When accepted, you rank your campuses and in April, they do a lottery system to decide your campus selection. Most people get within their top 3.

Turned in my letter of acceptance today. Was told by the person at the desk that the portal should update within about a week of the 15th, so hopefully tomorrow?

If anyone from out of state gets something in the mail, please share! OOS here, AZ. Portal nor student center hasn’t updated. Interviewed 2/16/19.