2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Primary submitted 6/10, verified 7/6, OOS, no confirmation email yet. Glad I'm not alone

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send anything besides a confirmation? I havent gotten a confirmation at all and I submitted to them 7/26

I know this has been touched on, but for the out of state applicants, are y'all going to reach out to them and explain your ties to the state considering there are no secondaries for this school? I'm a KY resident as well. I live about 25 mins away fro Indiana state line and have played on multiple teams from Indiana.

I know this has been touched on, but for the out of state applicants, are y'all going to reach out to them and explain your ties to the state considering there are no secondaries for this school? I'm a KY resident as well. I live about 25 mins away fro Indiana state line and have played on multiple teams from Indiana.

I think different people try different things but I personally am erring on the side of "it's better not to overdo it when they are overwhelmed with all the apps" for fear of irritating them, so I personally will be praying for an interview so I can discuss my ties at that time

Just my 2 cents -- I think a substantial tie warrants a letter to IU (former residence, spouse from there, etc). I called the office and know this is welcomed. Not sure if your situation warrants one, I think the folks there will look and see your location and give you the benefit of the doubt. If you feel there's more to it, I would write them.

It looks like IUSM is a week ahead of last year in the admissions process. The first EDP app receipts went out last year on 7/10 and this year they went out 7/3. Looks like EDP interview invites went out 8/2 last year, so hopefully we should hear something tomorrow or later in the weekend. Good luck to all.

Reactions: 1 user
It looks like IUSM is a week ahead of last year in the admissions process. The first EDP app receipts went out last year on 7/10 and this year they went out 7/3. Looks like EDP interview invites went out 8/2 last year, so hopefully we should hear something tomorrow or later in the weekend. Good luck to all.

Their receipts are a week ahead which is exciting, but from what I've heard, their actual admissions process is pretty far behind. I have a friend who applied last cycle and was on the waitlist and didn't get their final "no" until last week unfortunately. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're also behind for the initial part of this cycle though Hopefully the EDP applicants will hear back by the end of the weekend!

II at 3:35 as well!
IS, not EDP

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you both!! I'm OOS but would really love to go to IU, this is so exciting!

AMCAS verified 7/25
Confirmation email 7/27
IS, EDP

Reactions: 1 users
Are they not friendly to out of state? I haven't been confirmed yet.

So if we haven't gotten a confirmation email, should we call admissions? I submitted my primary to Indiana prior to 6/29.

II this afternoon! EDP.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats you guys!! :)

Also, what does IS stand for because I can't seem to figure it out?

Just to be sure, all you have to do is select the campus location and pay the fee within seven days of the II, right? I’m assuming you can mail in the two forms they asked for at a later date.

Has anyone called the office to ask about the confirmation receipts mainly for OOS?

Just to be sure, all you have to do is select the campus location and pay the fee within seven days of the II, right? I’m assuming you can mail in the two forms they asked for at a later date.

Yup. I think the forms have to be sent in within 14 days.

II just now!! First one!! LM 80, IS, confirmation received on 7/9

II, LM 74, OOS with ties!

So do we not get to choose a day? We only get to choose campus at the time?

Edit: Also, do we have to snailmail the forms in or can we email them?

Last edited:

I was wondering the same thing. I'm kind of confused...

Those who got interviews....did you get a confirmation of application receipt prior?

II @ 2:45! My first one! LM 79. Confirmed 7/9.

Anyone else having trouble entering their mcat into the graduate application thing? It's saying my total score is not valid.

II @ 2:45! My first one! LM 79. Confirmed 7/9.

Anyone else having trouble entering their mcat into the graduate application thing? It's saying my total score is not valid.
Change it to "new total score" I think they're referring to post 2015 MCAT

I just took the whole score thing off since it was given me an invalid message and it let me go forward with the application. Regardless they receive your scores from AMCAS.

Lol. This whole thing is very confusing to me. Are we supposed to create an account in addition to the graduate portal to pay the fee?

We just choose a campus and they give us a day. Yeah, just snail mail to the address they provided.

Lol. This whole thing is very confusing to me. Are we supposed to create an account in addition to the graduate portal to pay the fee?

In the Applicant Portal, we just pick a campus for the interview and monitor the status. The fee has to be paid at the end of the Graduate Application.

We just choose a campus and they give us a day. Yeah, just snail mail to the address they provided.
Wait whoa what if the day they give us doesn't work for us?? Has anyone already been assigned a date?

Last edited:
So the interview date could potentially be next year?

Most likely late august or september if you already got a II.

Wait whoa what if the day they give us doesn't work for us?? Has anyone already been assigned a date?

No ones gotten a date yet, but if it doesn't work for you, you can reschedule. Although that's not recommended. Most people drop everything to go to interviews since its a high priority thing.

Are we supposed to mail the Dean Eval back or is it supposed to come directly from the school? I originally thought we could mail it after having someone at the school sign it, but the wording about waiving our right to see it makes me think it needs to be mailed from the school? I have absolutely no idea who to even ask at my school so this should be fun. .

Are we supposed to mail the Dean Eval back or is it supposed to come directly from the school? I originally thought we could mail it after having someone at the school sign it, but the wording about waiving our right to see it makes me think it needs to be mailed from the school? I have absolutely no idea who to even ask at my school so this should be fun. .

I was debating this earlier today too. I ended up taking it to the Dean of Students (who has probably seen similar disclosure forms) and left it up to her to decide how to deal with it. The FERPA language is very confusing considering there is no straightforward statement saying we cannot see the form after it's filled out. I think if you're in doubt either have your school mail it, or fill it out and give it back to you in a sealed envelope like a transcript.