2018-2019 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats guys. Can't wait to meet you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group or something else to connect with all the other matriculating class of 2023?

Congrats everyone! Feel free to join us on facebook: "ICOM Class of 2023!" I cant wait to meet you guys. :)

Reactions: 1 users
wow, you guys and/or gals didn't wait at all. I've been waitlisted since November. The struggle is real. Hoping for some good news soon.

Reactions: 1 user
wow, you guys and/or gals didn't wait at all. I've been waitlisted since November. The struggle is real. Hoping for some good news soon.
Good luck! Try sending a letter of intent if you haven't already. It can only help.

This is so painful as I really liked this school. Withdrawing my spot- hope it goes to one of you still waiting for an A.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! IM SO UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED
:soexcited:
interviewed on 4/1 and waitlist until now

Reactions: 8 users
I finished applying for my loan through Wells Fargo, and what a world of difference.

Interest rate through Sallie Mae: 9.5%
Interest rate through Wells Fargo, using the same information: 5.74%

5.74% is LOWER than the federal loan rate. Thank goodness my father and I both have good credit, but I'm unsure why the difference is so massive. I still have to submit my father's W2 and proof of income, but that is the tentative rate they quoted me. I hear the customer service is miles above Sallie Mae also.

ICOM's FA department also told me most students this year are going through Wells Fargo. For those of you still figuring this part out, I'd recommend skipping Sallie Mae and just going through Wells Fargo.

Hope this helps some of you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I finished applying for my loan through Wells Fargo, and what a world of difference.

5.74% is LOWER than the federal loan rate. Thank goodness my father and I both have good credit, but I'm unsure why the difference is so massive. I still have to submit my father's W2 and proof of income, but that is the tentative rate they quoted me. I hear the customer service is miles above Sallie Mae also.

ICOM's FA department also told me most students this year are going through Wells Fargo. For those of you still figuring this part out, I'd recommend skipping Sallie Mae and just going through Wells Fargo.

Is it better to get Wells Fargo instead of government loans then?

Bingo. As soon as ICOM is eligible for federal loans, take them without hesitation.

Agreed, don't do a Sallie Mae. I'm getting 5.4 fixed rate through Wells Fargo before discount. They were absolutely awesome and since I have been part of WF, they do give discounts on rates if you are a current account holder, linked to a PMA, and some other options ranging from 0.25 to 0.5% lower.

Can you do income based repayment thru Wells Fargo? just wondering. Or limited repayment in residency. Like not the $4000/month payments they expect out of me in residency if I were to repay my student loans in 10 years lol.

Hey I just wanted to share that I got THE call today!! I am so excited! Do not lose hope! I interviewed on 4/22 and was on the waitlist since! Class of 2023!!!!! :):)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all the people getting their acceptances this month. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call today. Waitlisted since November. So excited! This was my third attempt at matriculation, took mcat 3 times. Your time will come if you want it bad enough. Good luck to all those still waiting.

I got the call today. Waitlisted since November. So excited! This was my third attempt at matriculation, took mcat 3 times. Your time will come if you want it bad enough. Good luck to all those still waiting.
Wow congratulations! I am so excited for you!

I am so happy for you!! Can't wait to meet everyone soon

I don't know if anyone else had this issue. But it turns out I forgot to pay my secondary application fee, so even though I submitted months ago - I was notified by chance while submitting an update on a research publication that I hadn't paid. SO MAKE SURE YOU PAY!! :arghh:

Alrighty, for the incoming applicants I will post an honest review of my experience here at ICOM. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
1. No exam reviews. We are unable to see what we got wrong on our exams so we are left to our best guesses. This goes for quizzes as well. Anatomy department is nice enough to release quiz explanations but not for exams. They will go through them if asked.
2. We have had the chair of our MSK department admit he is not an expert on his material and was unable to answer our questions.
3. Assigned seating with mandatory attendance, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for it
4. OPP department is amazing.
5. Consistently inputting grades into “eMedley” wrong. It happened on the first practical and then it happened again today. Scores varied by as much as 15%
6. Grade adjustments can hurt your grade. If you get a question right that they throw out, they also throw out the point you got for getting it right. We have multiple people dropping letter grades after they did their “adjusting”. Your raw score can actually go down.
7. It takes about a week to get exams back after they are taken.
8. Dropped remediation procedure for the first anatomy practical since scores were so low. No retroactive action was taken. The syllabus was revised as well.
9. Facilities are nice and well maintained
10. Security officers are very friendly and I always feel safe.
Hello! I wanted to private message you and ask about ICOM. Can you try messaging me instead? Thanks

To those who have been accepted, does ICOM ask for an official transcript after the acceptance or slightly prior to your matriculation?

To those who have been accepted, does ICOM ask for an official transcript after the acceptance or slightly prior to your matriculation?

Yes they do, I don’t remember when they want them, I’m not going there now, but you’re posting in last years thread, you may want to post your questions in this year thread

Yes they do, I don’t remember when they want them, I’m not going there now, but you’re posting in last years thread, you may want to post your questions in this year thread
i wanted to ask those who are already attending there. So if I take a class and not update AACOMAS, would they still require a transcript from my university prior to matriculation to see how I did in a recent class I did not report to AACOMAS? :unsure::unsure:

i wanted to ask those who are already attending there. So if I take a class and not update AACOMAS, would they still require a transcript from my university prior to matriculation to see how I did in a recent class I did not report to AACOMAS? :unsure::unsure:

I do know that is a yes because that happened to me last year. They require transcripts for everything you have taken

That means you sent them thru your schools to ICOM without AACOMAS?

Honestly, I don’t remember. I know AACOMAS sent transcripts to ICOM but I Think I had 2 classes I had taken over the summer and ICOM wanted transcripts. sorry it was a long time ago

Honestly, I don’t remember. I know AACOMAS sent transcripts to ICOM but I Think I had 2 classes I had taken over the summer and ICOM wanted transcripts. sorry it was a long time ago
It is fine. Were those classes noted as "in progress" directly prior to your matriculation? Sorry for asking so much.

Did anyone on here who was in the High priority waitlist for the class of 2023 NOT get accepted later on and matriculate?