2018-2019 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One has a longer tubing and is heavier. Get what’s comfortable.

Members don't see this ad.

No? I havent got any word on things we have to buy.... And I got accepted in September 2018 lol.

Haha I was accepted in August and haven’t heard anything either. I just don’t think the cardiology IV is necessary until residency maybe. But again I have no idea hah.

Interview this Monday. If anyone wants to meet up for coffee etc. Hit me up!

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Available dates for those still hoping for interview invites were 3/4, 3/18, and 3/25. As of yet they haven't filled the class and according to the admissions office, they moved around 50 students from waitlist to acceptance status last year (this is as of today). Also, if you sign up for an interview date you can assume you will be interviewing for an open spot unless you get an email prior to your interview stating that the class has been filled and you are now interviewing for a waitlist position. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance... I would have been absolutely proud to attend ICOM, but I was accepted to my dream school yesterday

My gpa was 3.0 with MCAT 505. Im a current student here. I applied to 11 schools that cycle, got 4 interviews and 2 aceptances. Just Do It if you want to be a DOctor!!
Why did you pick ICOM over your other school? Im in the same boat. Ive been accepted to LECOM and I am having trouble with my decision.

Any accepted students purchase their stethoscope yet? I'm going to buy mine soon but I'm not sure which one I should choose between classic III and Cardiology IV. I'm leaning towards the classic III.
My understanding is most schools give you one. Wait.

Just gave up interview spot for March 4th if anyone wants to grab it! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Accepted 02/22, interviewed 02/18. Deadline for acceptance- 03/08.

However, I had another interview that will let me know the result on 03/08, same date as the deadline at ICOM. I would like to wait to know that result and take my final decision.

I would like to know what time does the deadline end at ICOM? Is it end of the working day 05:00 PM (Mountain Time??) or can I wait till midnight (11:59 PM- Mountain??).

Appreciate any suggestions, thanks everyone :)

Hey everyone,

Accepted 02/22, interviewed 02/18. Deadline for acceptance- 03/08.

However, I had another interview that will let me know the result on 03/08, same date as the deadline at ICOM. I would like to wait to know that result and take my final decision.

I would like to know what time does the deadline end at ICOM? Is it end of the working day 05:00 PM (Mountain Time??) or can I wait till midnight (11:59 PM- Mountain??).

Appreciate any suggestions, thanks everyone :)
Boy I think I would email to be sure. Congrats! Hope it goes exactly how you want.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone ask the school about potential for international rotations? As it is a recent growing interest of mine, I didn't think to ask about it during the interview back in September. Thanks!

Did anyone ask the school about potential for international rotations? As it is a recent growing interest of mine, I didn't think to ask about it during the interview back in September. Thanks!
I think I heard Dean Hastey mention that that would be a possibility, but I would ask just to be sure

I heard this school extended the application deadline, is it worth applying (are there spots left in the class)

I called and they said they are still reviewing applications received this month for interview up until April 22nd tenitively. Just sent in my app today. We will see how this goes.

Withdrew my acceptance here. Hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
II today after being complete today. Going March 25th!

Last edited:
II today! completed my secondary Friday evening, also I was waitlisted/rejected here last year
Interview dates they had to choose from were March 25th, April 1st, April 15th (March 25 was filled up by the time I emailed back though)

II today! completed my secondary Friday evening, also I was waitlisted/rejected here last year
Interview dates they had to choose from were March 25th, April 1st, April 15th (March 25 was filled up by the time I emailed back though)
nice. Too bad about it filling up. Hopefully there are a couple seats open.

Most places seem to be pretty full. Crossing fingers for you guys!

Withdrew my acceptance here, hope one of you get it!
I will be attending KCUMB in Joplin, Missouri.

Luckily I have a seat at DMU for me so it’s a low stress interview.

Anyone interviewing here on Monday (3/18). I'm flying in to Boise on Sunday and leaving out Tuesday afternoon and would love to have some company exploring the region. This is an invitation to any current students that are watching the forum. PM or reply below if interested.

Also, anyone have anything helpful pertaining to the interview or the school in general that might be useful to know before interviewing? Thanks, all.

Does anyone have thoughts about the accreditation situation here? I’m hoping this isn’t as huge a problem as I feel it is....

Does anyone have thoughts about the accreditation situation here? I’m hoping this isn’t as huge a problem as I feel it is....
It's really a non-issue. They have a top notch facility and program, and there has never been an Osteopathic school who began accreditation that failed to achieve it in the last 100yrs. So bottom line, wouldn't worry about it. I chose to attend KCUMB because the real estate was much cheaper allowing me to purchase a house instead of rent.

Reactions: 2 users
It's really a non-issue. They have a top notch facility and program, and there has never been an Osteopathic school who began accreditation that failed to achieve it in the last 100yrs. So bottom line, wouldn't worry about it. I chose to attend KCUMB because the real estate was much cheaper allowing me to purchase a house instead of rent.

Completely agree with this. Congrats on your acceptance!

Anyone else on here interviewing April 1st? I'm free the day before in case anyone wants to hang out in Boise

I'm gonna be there for the accepted students day this weekend. Anyone else going?

What type of questions do they ask during the interview?
It’s pretty normal med school interview questions. I don’t want to give specifics but if you find a list of common questions online and go through them you will be fine. They are pretty conversational also two of mine were at least. The other one was questions straight off a clipboard.

Hey y'all, I enjoyed seeing some of you at Accepted Students Day today! Just thought I would pass along what Dean Hasty shared with us today, which are the average stats of the Class of 2023 right now:

Average cGPA: 3.54
Average MCAT: 505.5

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, I enjoyed seeing some of you at Accepted Students Day today! Just thought I would pass along what Dean Hasty shared with us today, which are the average stats of the Class of 2023 right now:

Average cGPA: 3.54
Average MCAT: 505.5

woah that's really high for a brand new school