2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How soon after the phone call do accepted students get an email confirming their acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

From last year's thread, it looks like people noticed a glitch in the application status portal prior to being accepted. Has that been happening at all this year? Asking for a friend who is (probably unnecessarily) looking at the application status portal way too often.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the financial aid form, all we had to do was electronically sign the form and its sent to financial aid right? We don't have to do anything extra?

You guys freaking me out with all the new messages on this thread

Reactions: 6 users
Just gave B a call, they said they'll be sending out acceptances today and tomorrow. Hopefully reputable source, REALLY not trying to stir up more anxiety.

Just gave B a call, they said they'll be sending out acceptances today and tomorrow. Hopefully reputable source, REALLY not trying to stir up more anxiety.
(Anxiety intensifies)

Fingers crossed

You called the admissions office and they said that? How did you finesse that lol

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'll recap the convo. I asked the front desk lady if they're finished sending out admissions offers for the month of February. She said no they are not. I'm thinking, woah big news, let me confirm this. I asked again, so does this mean they will be sending offers today and tomorrow? This was met by her saying indeed, that is correct.
That's all the info i have :)

Reactions: 2 users
So I'll recap the convo. I asked the front desk lady if they're finished sending out admissions offers for the month of February. She said no they are not. I'm thinking, woah big news, let me confirm this. I asked again, so does this mean they will be sending offers today and tomorrow? This was met by her saying indeed, that is correct.
That's all the info i have :)
yet it's the end of the workday today and no admissions offers posted on SDN. Come onnnnnn Baylor

Dear Baylor, I've tried my best to do everything you asked. I kept up the stats, did the ECs, showed you my passion at the interview, and sent you a love letter. You're my #1 please let me be one of your top 300.

Dear Baylor, I've tried my best to do everything you asked. I kept up the stats, did the ECs, showed you my passion at the interview, and sent you a love letter. You're my #1 please let me be one of your top 300.
Patience my friend! You deserve it, I’m sure it’ll come in good time :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone think the issues/bad publicity at St. Luke’s will negatively affect Baylor’s training or reputation?

Does anyone think the issues/bad publicity at St. Luke’s will negatively affect Baylor’s training or reputation?
I hardly doubt it. The students who have come to our residency program over the years from Baylor have been just amazing residents. I can't see that this will hurt the school in any major way. This is such a great school and the fact that OOS can switch into IS makes this one of the absolute best bargains in medical education. None of my out of state advisee premeds have gotten an interview there in the past 3 years!!! And many have gotten some pretty good interviews. But not Baylor! I think I love them more now that "we" have been turned down but my love for this school is pretty solid.

Reactions: 1 user
Today is the day, I think...*crosses fingers* good luck y'all!
Seeing this and then immediately getting a call...from my gym talking about an error on my account. My heart can't take this.

Reactions: 8 users
Another day of soul crushing silence :(

Come on guys lets stay optimistic, there's gotta be something before March 15. If I've been patient since August I think I can make it a little longer

Sorry to make everyone panic, but I just got a call about my acceptance - idk if this is a case-by-case basis, or signs of a bigger A wave

Reactions: 7 users
Sorry to make everyone panic, but I just got a call about my acceptance - idk if this is a case-by-case basis, or signs of a bigger A wave
All the patience I just had was thrown out the window

Reactions: 2 users
Wait you just got accepted?!?!? Holy moly

huh to be totally honest I thought I hallucinated my convo with Baylor but I guess they really are sending out another wave in February.. congratulations Nerdanese, thats awesome.

huh to be totally honest I thought I hallucinated my convo with Baylor but I guess they really are sending out another wave in February.. congratulations Nerdanese, thats awesome.

Thank you! And same haha when I hung up the phone I was like "huh, was that a fever dream?"

Hey thanks for justifying my anxiety.
Half joking, but extremely happy for you! Congratulations, you earned it!

Hey thanks for justifying my anxiety.
Half joking, but extremely happy for you! Congratulations, you earned it!

I knew what I was doing when I posted :(:(:( But in all seriousness, I wanted to give people what little info I could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you so much!!

I knew what I was doing when I posted :(:(:( But in all seriousness, I wanted to give people what little info I could ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you so much!!
Congrats friend! Would you mind sharing your LM score?

ACCEPTED!!! IS, LM 75, interviewed 08/24!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted! ORM Lizzy M 77.5 interviewed 9/14!!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED!!! I can't believe it!! LM 72, IS, interviewed 12/7 :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats on all the acceptances! I have a quick question if y'all don't mind: I've been accepted at Baylor since December, but after UTSW's second look weekend I've been sold on attending UTSW and I'm about 99% sure I'm going there. Should I withdraw from Baylor so that my acceptance can go to someone else, or should I go to their second look in April to get closure?

Congrats on all the acceptances! I have a quick question if y'all don't mind: I've been accepted at Baylor since December, but after UTSW's second look weekend I've been sold on attending UTSW and I'm about 99% sure I'm going there. Should I withdraw from Baylor so that my acceptance can go to someone else, or should I go to their second look in April to get closure?

Not biased at all plz open up for us dying for an acceptance