2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who sent in updates post interview, did you receive a response or confirmation of your update?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who sent in updates post interview, did you receive a response or confirmation of your update?
Most people don't get a reply to updates, but still send one if something has substantially happened to improve your application profile.
That said, some schools really won't go back in and add things to your file at this point.

Most people don't get a reply to updates, but still send one if something has substantially happened to improve your application profile.
That said, some schools really won't go back in and add things to your file at this point.

And my understanding is that Baylor is very much one of those schools

Members don't see this ad :)
And my understanding is that Baylor is very much one of those schools
You mean baylor doesn't add updates to your file? or they won't reply to an update?

I just interviewed last week & sent some thank you notes and an update earlier this week.

You mean baylor doesn't add updates to your file? or they won't reply to an update?

I just interviewed last week & sent some thank you notes and an update earlier this week.
@sherm123 I get sending a thank-you note, but if you you just interviewed last week, has anything really changed about your application?

@sherm123 I get sending a thank-you note, but if you you just interviewed last week, has anything really changed about your application?
There was a point in every nobel prize winner's life where one week they had no nobel prize and the next week they had one . But nah I agree with you that seems kind of redundant

There was a point in every nobel prize winner's life where one week they had no nobel prize and the next week they had one . But nah I agree with you that seems kind of redundant
Yeah. I get what you're saying. By update, I meant LOI with a couple small updates included in the same letter. From my understanding, they are receptive to LOIs.

They only accept updates pre interview. They do not accept updates once you have interviewed. This info was found on their website. However, they do accept Letters of Intent.

They only accept updates pre interview. They do not accept updates once you have interviewed. This info was found on their website. However, they do accept Letters of Intent.
:shrug:

Sorry I'm late but received acceptance 1/29. OOS, interviewed 10/19. I did send a letter of interest!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long after the committee meets they send out acceptance notices?

Just to be sure, Spanish is not a required course to matriculate, right? Only recommended?

If they met on Monday, I wonder why its taking so long to release Feb decisions

Anyone know if their still giving out acceptances? Is the class mostly full and the rest of us are wait listed? Any thoughts?

Anyone know if their still giving out acceptances? Is the class mostly full and the rest of us are wait listed? Any thoughts?
I am fairly confident that they are still giving out acceptances. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago (on the last interview day), and they said that they still have plenty of spots for us. I also spoke with a few students who interviewed on the last interview day of last cycle & still got in.

Reactions: 1 users
They haven’t even sent out the majority of acceptances! Those happen in February and March

They haven’t even sent out the majority of acceptances! Those happen in February and March
I didn't know some acceptances go out in February as well (I thought they were all March)! I'll start my daily paranoia a couple weeks early then ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm loving the optimism here lets keep it going guys

Reactions: 6 users
I didn't know some acceptances go out in February as well (I thought they were all March)! I'll start my daily paranoia a couple weeks early then ;)
I assume they’ll send some out after this AMCAS tool becomes available, but I also could be wrong and it could be March. I’m on the daily paranoia train with ya though

Should I sent a Letter of Intent here? I interviewed in September and am OOS but Baylor is my top choice and I'd gladly go there over my IS acceptance. I'm conflicted because I know they haven't sent out the majority of acceptances yet.

Should I sent a Letter of Intent here? I interviewed in September and am OOS but Baylor is my top choice and I'd gladly go there over my IS acceptance. I'm conflicted because I know they haven't sent out the majority of acceptances yet.

Just do it. It can’t hurt anything and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Would any current students be able to give advice on when one should start looking for apartments in Houston? Also, does anyone have any apartment recommendations?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Would any current students be able to give advice on when one should start looking for apartments in Houston? Also, does anyone have any apartment recommendations?
I started looking for apartments in and around 2nd look (early April). On the Facebook group is a google doc with apartment recommendations and roommate listings. Feel free to PM me if you want any more advice!

Judging by the last season's acceptances/rejections, Baylor seems to be doing things a bit later than usual...or that's anxiety talking.

Yeah, anxiety is reaching peak high's now that its almost march. :(

Do we think it will be this week? I'm going crazy

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if most of the acceptances will be given out now, or if the acceptances are pretty evenly spread throughout the cycle?

Does anyone know if most of the acceptances will be given out now, or if the acceptances are pretty evenly spread throughout the cycle?
I'd venture to say that a bulk of acceptances are going to come out in and around this time, between now and early-mid April (especially if you're OOS). They try to make sure that everyone has a good shot, even those who interviewed on the last day, so they hold plenty of spots to the end. Remember that the people who post on here aren't representative of the whole population! (Also, last year lots of people would look to the FB group to estimate when acceptances were going out, but lots of upperclassmen are on the group so take that with a grain of salt.)

Hang in there y'all! You've still got plenty of time, so don't count yourself out so soon! :)

Reactions: 5 users