2018-2019 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we send a letter of interest/intent post interview but pre-decision?
You can, but unclear whether that holds any weight.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry for being too lazy to scroll back and read everything, but does anyone know in general how long it takes for Einstein to get back with a decision post II? I have a interview late late March

Members don't see this ad :)
Einstein, please love me. I love research. I love NY. Even have an I love NY shirt. Please.

Reactions: 4 users
Upload your headshot wearing it and you're guranteed and interview

No. What you have to do is go into their office, ask for the Dean of Admissions, take a selfie with him/her, and upload THAT into the portal.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol still waiting for post-II decision. Not sure what to do more at this point. Already sent letter of interest. Anyone know when more decisions will be released or was Feb 1 the only day for acceptances?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a very confusingly written email that I have been put on the waitlist... it seemed like an acceptance for 2/3s of the email and seems to carefully avoid the word "waitlist" but then directs to site where I can choose to accept or decline my place..... on the waitlist.

Which then directs to a page after selecting yes that say "we invite you to join us here at Einstein!" Then I realize that's just the general admissions page accessible for anyone. So.... no they don't "invite" me to join.

Definitely kind of a confusing situation for something that is ultimately kind of disappointing....

Reactions: 6 users
Just got a very confusingly written email that I have been put on the waitlist... it seemed like an acceptance for 2/3s of the email and seems to carefully avoid the word "waitlist" but then directs to site where I can choose to accept or decline my place..... on the waitlist.

Which then directs to a page after selecting yes that say "we invite you to join us here at Einstein!" Then I realize that's just the general admissions page accessible for anyone. So.... no they don't "invite" me to join.

Definitely kind of a confusing situation for something that is ultimately kind of disappointing....

I got this as well, and it also asked me to respond directly to the email by 3/14. Based off last years thread, this seems to be high priority WL. Don't want to get my hopes up but definitely seems promising! (assuming they are following the same process as last year)

Got the same exact email. Sounded so nice and sweet but basically waitlist. But to be honest, this school does reject post-II, so they probably want to ensure that they are among their top choices still

Members don't see this ad :)

When did you interview?

I got this as well, and it also asked me to respond directly to the email by 3/14. Based off last years thread, this seems to be high priority WL. Don't want to get my hopes up but definitely seems promising! (assuming they are following the same process as last year)

OK that's pretty great to hear, hopefully it will lead to good things. Definitely interested in attending if I get the chance!

When did you interview?

Early January

Got the same exact email. Sounded so nice and sweet but basically waitlist. But to be honest, this school does reject post-II, so they probably want to ensure that they are among their top choices still

Yes, for sure. Seems like last year people started getting pulled of HPWL as early as April 4th so I think as long as we keep expressing interest hope is still alive!

I also got this email! I had a friend at Einstein explain to me that it literally is rolling admissions-- they want to accept you, but they can't overfill the class at any point, so they have to wait until someone holding an accept drops to let others in. There seems to be a lot of movement from it in the spring.

Reactions: 5 users
Also got that waitlist email! I was so excited at first that I called my parents before reading the whole thing and had to call them back. Very misleading, but hopefully it will turn into something good!

Quick question for anyone who knows the details: What are the implications of Montefiore taking over Albert Einstein College of Medicine from Yeshiva? Besides Montefiore gaining degree-granting abilities, are there larger implications from this transition that have an impact on the education at the medical school?

Quick question for anyone who knows the details: What are the implications of Montefiore taking over Albert Einstein College of Medicine from Yeshiva? Besides Montefiore gaining degree-granting abilities, are there larger implications from this transition that have an impact on the education at the medical school?
During the interview I attended they acted like it wouldn't matter. But they also probably wouldn't want to bring to light any negatives about the transition so who knows lol

Current student. Basically has 0 implications on day-to-day functioning of the school, except that we all got new email addresses and had to resubmit FAFSA with a new school code. We've been partnered closely with Montefiore for a long time so that's nothing new. It's basically just a name thing and a money thing - Yeshiva wasn't making money off Einstein and Montefiore wants to be seen as more of an academic powerhouse. So they handed off the official responsibility for the school. Nothing relating to medical education is gonna change. Just the name Yeshiva will no longer be on our degrees, and Montefiore will.

Reactions: 5 users
Current student. Basically has 0 implications on day-to-day functioning of the school, except that we all got new email addresses and had to resubmit FAFSA with a new school code. We've been partnered closely with Montefiore for a long time so that's nothing new. It's basically just a name thing and a money thing - Yeshiva wasn't making money off Einstein and Montefiore wants to be seen as more of an academic powerhouse. So they handed off the official responsibility for the school. Nothing relating to medical education is gonna change. Just the name Yeshiva will no longer be on our degrees, and Montefiore will.
Wonderful. Thank you

Y'all know what time of day Einstein interviews typically end? I scheduled mine for the morning and the only mentioned after that is lunch.

If we have an interview, when are we supposed to recieve the detailed instructions and schedule? I have my interview this friday but havent recieved an email about check-in instructions yet!

Any of my 1/22 or later peeps here about this HPWL?
There I go stressin' out again!

@CarmexMe were you able to log into the portal? Just tried and it won’t let me. II today as well

Last edited:
@CarmexMe were you able to log into the portal? Just tried and it won’t let me. II today as well
Oh hey there. Got a II at ~11pm today too! I also can't log in so I emailed them and came here.
I'm so happy but so scared because I feel like this isn't real.

UPDATE: The portal has been fixed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the poste-interview acceptance rate?

Do you guys know if they are still sending out II invites? or maybe yesterday was the last day?

I really hope they are still sending out invites.....
I found this, so I think they are done...
The Admissions Office sends interview invitations on average once a month beginning in August and ending in March. Scheduling of interviews is done via an auto-scheduler and applicants may choose their preferred date depending on availability. Preliminary rejection emails are sent beginning in March

I found this, so I think they are done...
The Admissions Office sends interview invitations on average once a month beginning in August and ending in March. Scheduling of interviews is done via an auto-scheduler and applicants may choose their preferred date depending on availability. Preliminary rejection emails are sent beginning in March

It's still early

Hi everyone, interviewing here in March and was curious how long they usually take to get back to people post-interview, knowing that the April deadlines are fast approaching.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, interviewing here in March and was curious how long they usually take to get back to people post-interview, knowing that the April deadlines are fast approaching.

Thanks in advance!
Hard to tell, since people who interviewed from the very beginning through november/early december all heard back Feb 1, while everyone else has either heard nothing or put on a waitlist.

Hard to tell, since people who interviewed from the very beginning through november/early december all heard back Feb 1, while everyone else has either heard nothing or put on a waitlist.
Nah a lot of us who interviewed in November heard back just a couple days ago. Majority seemed to be HPWL too

Nah a lot of us who interviewed in November heard back just a couple days ago. Majority seemed to be HPWL too
Ah, my mistake. I'm just a lowly January interviewer. Thanks for clarifying!