2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

the first interview invites apparently went out today. Ad com says at total of about 50 should be out by next week.

II today, found out via the portal!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, was able to schedule and all. I also seen the I was complete in the portal before I received the email so there must be some lag.
oh wow, good thing I have to reset my password -_-, and I can't rn cause they aren't available

My status on the portal changed to "admission decision" today...does anyone else have this/does it mean I was rejected?

Congratulations to everyone who received an II! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those who got II’s. Do you guys mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! I believe before it said admission decision it said application complete or something along those lines. So I wasn't sure what to think
I have that too, and I'm pretty sure it just means they're reviewing your app.

Can everyone who got an II say their LM score?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone having trouble electronically signing their name? It says "Unavailable" over each text box which, I assume, are supposed to be where I input my first and last name

Checking in to follow thread. Good luck everyone!

Is the photo just a picture or scan an actual ID like your drivers license?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What does it mean when it says " Admission Decision" " Med School in for Review (MR)"

got an email that said they are lowering their OOS tuition for 2018. from 70K to 57K =D

Reactions: 3 users
got an email that said they are lowering their OOS tuition for 2018. from 70K to 57K =D

I got this one too! Have you already applied? I haven't, but this may sway me to.

Submitted last night! Then got a mass email this morning encouraging me to apply...

already did, fam! meep. awk.

I got this one too! Have you already applied? I haven't, but this may sway me to.

I applied already and received that too. The email said: Apply today!
I wish I could reply back and say "Already did...now just Give me an interview invite...today!" haha

So happy the tuition costs are going down...only thing that will make me happier is an interview invite. :)
Does anyone know if a second wave of IIs went out? I believe the first was last Monday.

yep already finished their secondary. Question 1 i heard is very important for them. I skipped the optional. Listed stuff on no. 3.

(irrelevant, but i just gotta tell someone: I messed up so bad! Cuz i thought i didn't qualify for FAP. Never have even for FAFSA. I applied a week ago for the fun of it and motherflower... I qualified for FAP! I already spent 2K on AMCAS. fml)

Last edited:
Just checked my portal and I had an II waiting there for me!!!!!! No e-mail.

OOS, Completed 7/11.

Reactions: 4 users
yep already finished their secondary. Question 1 i heard is very important for them. I skipped the optional. Listed stuff on no. 3.

(irrelevant, but i just gotta tell someone: I messed up so bad! Cuz i thought i didn't qualify for FAP. Never have even for FAFSA. I applied a week ago for the fun of it and motherflower... I qualified for FAP! I already spent 2K on AMCAS. fml)

This isn't bad at all! Throw your app to as many places as you can and now its free/cheaper, you just like doubled your chances.

Has anyone from in-state received an II yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive an email saying when their app was complete? Because I submitted my secondary on 7/18 and received a "secondary complete" email but not an email saying that my entire app is now complete and that they have everything.

Did anyone receive an email saying when their app was complete? Because I submitted my secondary on 7/18 and received a "secondary complete" email but not an email saying that my entire app is now complete and that they have everything.
I just got a secondary complete email as well. However, if you check your portal there should be a list of everything that has been processed (LORs, etc).

I just got a secondary complete email as well. However, if you check your portal there should be a list of everything that has been processed (LORs, etc).
Got it. Thanks! The checklist does not include LORs. Is there a way to see if they've received and processed those?

Got it. Thanks! The checklist does not include LORs. Is there a way to see if they've received and processed those?
Hmm you;re right, you cant see that. You could call just to double check if they got them? But I got an II today, so I would trust that if you got the secondary complete email, then you're in good shape. Good luck!

Has anyone from in-state received an II yet?

Im IS and I got my II last week. Im also an edp applicant so Im not sure if that has anything to do with why I got an interview so early.

Im IS and I got my II last week. Im also an edp applicant so Im not sure if that has anything to do with why I got an interview so early.
Hmm, I think it would. I've talked to an edp accepted Wayne year 2 before, and he said he was one of only 3 edp applicants, and he got in pretty easily. So your chances are probably good as well :)