2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when they will call to schedule interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

II by phone just now! I got an "unknown" call, so good thing I picked up lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call, also came up as unknown.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! I picked August 15th, but I have to reschedule for a later date because I'm returning from abroad on the 12th and don't wanna be jetlagged. I tried calling back, but she didn't pick up.

Does anyone know what the format of the interview will be? someone was saying it might be MMI

I also got the call earlier today! I am interviewing August 4th as well.

+1 II today at 3:15, interviewing Aug 4th! See y'all there :D

Reactions: 1 users
Portal has been changed for a while but just got the call for my II on august 11!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone who has confirmed an II date received the confirmation email along with II date instructions?

I just recently got an II for August 11th! They said they would email us the interview details at a later date. Is this the only Texas school that sets up the interview by phone? I missed their call twice and I hope that doesn't happen for other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been complete since last week but the portal, under my to do items, doesnt show anything. How long does it take for them to get back to you? If i don't get an II next week, is it safe to assume I don't have a shot at this school? I am OOS btw. LizzyM 66.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have been complete since last week but the portal, under my to do items, doesnt show anything. How long does it take for them to get back to you? If i don't get an II next week, is it safe to assume I don't have a shot at this school? I am OOS btw. LizzyM 66.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I did a quick check from last year's thread and it looks like II came as late as September for OOS. It's still too early in the game to worry. Worry in the fall if you haven't heard anything.

Has anyone received the email with the interview details?

People have been mentioning they have found out about IIs through the portal and phone calls. Do IIs happen through both these methods or only one? If both of them happen, which occurs first?

People have been mentioning they have found out about IIs through the portal and phone calls. Do IIs happen through both these methods or only one? If both of them happen, which occurs first?

The portal happens first! and then you get a phone call a few days later to pick a date

The portal happens first! and then you get a phone call a few days later to pick a date

Okay gotcha, thank you! My TMDSAS was transmitted in mid-May, and I submitted my secondary a few days later. My letters of rec were received by TCOM about a week ago. Ideally, when should I expect to hear from TCOM regarding an II? My LizzyM is 73.

Okay gotcha, thank you! My TMDSAS was transmitted in mid-May, and I submitted my secondary a few days later. My letters of rec were received by TCOM about a week ago. Ideally, when should I expect to hear from TCOM regarding an II? My LizzyM is 73.

I heard back within a week of submitting my secondary, but I'm not sure if that's the norm. My Lizzy M is 69 so don't worry too much!

I submitted my secondary in may and still haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
I heard back within a week of submitting my secondary, but I'm not sure if that's the norm. My Lizzy M is 69 so don't worry too much!

Were you recs, transcripts, and MCAT scores in before you heard back from them?

For those who have gotten "The Call" and missed it, do they leave a voicemail? Just missed a call from an unknown number but they didn't leave a voicemail, and I'm going crazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For those who have gotten "The Call" and missed it, do they leave a voicemail? Just missed a call from an unknown number but they didn't leave a voicemail, and I'm going crazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If your portal states you've been invited to an interview, I would try the below number/email.

Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Admissions and Outreach
UNT Health Science Center
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, Texas 76107-2699

Phone: (817) 735-2204 or (800) 535-TCOM
Fax: (817) 735-2225

E-mail: [email protected]

And then maybe this person.

Caroline Gourley
Recruitment/Admss Associate [Staff]
Department: Admissions, Medical Student (TCOM)
Email: [email protected]
View Profile

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard about IIs within the past week?

Don't worry too much if you haven't gotten an interview yet. When I applied, I was complete in July, interviewed in early December, and got in on TMDSAS match day. There's still PLENTY of time.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the email detailing the interview day (mines august 11). It's confusing because at the beginning of the email it says "your check in time is: 1:15pm

Then later in the email it says
Check in time: 11am

Anyone see anything similar in their's?

I got the email detailing the interview day (mines august 11). It's confusing because at the beginning of the email it says "your check in time is: 1:15pm

Then later in the email it says
Check in time: 11am

Anyone see anything similar in their's?

Yeah, same error for me too. I will call and confirm tomorrow. Also a friend of mine got a group interview, and I got an MMI. What did you all get?

If it says "group session" then that means group interview?

Does anyone know if TCOM does yield protection?

They don't. The match process via TMDSAS precludes the need for significant yield considerations. If they think you're qualified to interview, you'll get the call!

If it says "group session" then that means group interview?

That's what I assumed, although I may be wrong. Regardless, I am just surprised that TCOM is doing different interview methods.

That's what I assumed, although I may be wrong. Regardless, I am just surprised that TCOM is doing different interview methods.
I just got an email that they are doing MMI's

So I'm a little late to the game (waiting on my DO letter) and submitted my secondary tonight. I foolishly submitted through Chrome out of habit even though they tell you a million times not to because of errors. I didn't notice any errors when submitting but now I'm worried there will be some on their end. Anyone know if this is a real issues and if I should call and ask?

So I'm a little late to the game (waiting on my DO letter) and submitted my secondary tonight. I foolishly submitted through Chrome out of habit even though they tell you a million times not to because of errors. I didn't notice any errors when submitting but now I'm worried there will be some on their end. Anyone know if this is a real issues and if I should call and ask?

Been a while, but doesn't it have a date of when you submitted somewhere? I wouldn't worry about it if you see the date of submission.

Question for those of you who had your letters sent after completing the secondary:

About how long did it take from when TMDSAS received your letters for your application to be "complete" as per the portal?

II today... TMDSAS verified on the 19th and secondary submitted on the 21st.

Is it worth applying for this program at this point in time? Canadian c and sGPA 3.4, last 100+ credits 3.98, 512 mcat. Completely forgot it was a separate ap from aacomas :(