2017-2018 UNTHSC Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Local Fort Worth guy here. Just a heads up I actually spoke with an admissions director in person for details and a tour and I can share thee particular things;
1- Minimum MCAT they have accepted up to this point on the new exam was a 498
2- Beautiful campus and school
3- Admissions people are extremely friendly
4- They certainly do value ECs such as work or volunteer health experience
5- TMDSAS is behind by a month so if you submitted less than a month ago don't panic yet
6- You can submit your secondary before they receive the primary. Everyone has to submit a secondary to be considered
7- You have the ability to add an extra LOR preferably from a DO during the secondary so consider getting that in the works. They told me "It won't count against you if you don't submit one" Take that with a grain of salt obviously.
8- They start interviews in August so people should already be getting interview invites
9- I know there is other things I just can't think of them off the top of my head...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you referring to the 19th and 21st of July or June?

July... I had a little setback with TMDSAS that cost me quite a bit of time with getting verified. For what it's worth though, it doesn't seem to be a problem with any of the Texas schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
July... I had a little setback with TMDSAS that cost me quite a bit of time with getting verified. For what it's worth though, it doesn't seem to be a problem with any of the Texas schools.

They told me at the admissions office that TMDSAS was backed up by a month you submitted to TMDSAS like a week ago and already heard back?

They told me at the admissions office that TMDSAS was backed up by a month you submitted to TMDSAS like a week ago and already heard back?

I submitted TMDSAS in mid-July ... Got verified last week.

I submitted TMDSAS in mid-July ... Got verified last week.

Oh wow, so I should be hearing back anytime now then... I submitted my secondary before my primary arrived. 7/20 give or take a day

Oh wow, so I should be hearing back anytime now then... I submitted my secondary before my primary arrived. 7/20 give or take a day

Yup... I submitted a couple of days before you, so you're up soon!

Yeah, same error for me too. I will call and confirm tomorrow. Also a friend of mine got a group interview, and I got an MMI. What did you all get?

Same thing happened to me. The top of the email said my check in time was 2:30 and the middle section said 11 am. I emailed admissions about it. They said there is an error in their system which auto populates the schedule time for each interviewee. You should reply to the email and ask for clarification about your check in time.

Yeah, I also did that, and I got the same response back.

II yesterday!! LizzyM 69. Transmitted primary & secondary 7/26. Super fast response time.

Geez. Y'all are making me nervous. I'm in state and submitted on the 20th and heard nothing. They told me TMDSAS was backed up but that doesn't seem likely according to posts here.

I have interviews lined up at 5 other Texas schools and have heard nothing from TCOM yet so I'm not sure what's going on

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol he makes me feel inferior

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using SDN mobile

Don't do that to yourself! I think most are capable of becoming physicians it's a matter of drive and persistence. We all have something to offer it's a matter of figuring out how to show them. You can't compare yourself to others because they are not you.

Alright, I'm done. That's my Saturday morning motivation for the day. Needed to say that to myself to lol

Reactions: 2 users
Geez. Y'all are making me nervous. I'm in state and submitted on the 20th and heard nothing. They told me TMDSAS was backed up but that doesn't seem likely according to posts here.

Well if you just submitted your primary to TMDSAS on the 20th, it could take up to a month for the application to actually be transmitted to the schools. I submitted mine back on 6/22 and wasn't transmitted until 7/26. Don't sweat it!

TCOM called me today. Missed the call because I was in class.

Hoping it was an II. For those of you who missed the call, did they call again or did you have to call back some time?

I tried calling back but the phone went to VM, so I left a quick message.

Hoping it was an II. For those of you who missed the call, did they call again or did you have to call back some time?

I also missed her call, but left a message and she called back immediately. She'll probably call again tomorrow, otherwise shoot her an email.

[email protected]

I checked the portal and it does indeed appear I've received an II!

LM ~70, transmitted 5/25 completed 7/25 (lack of letters).

IS ORM.

If you call them and leave a voice mail stating who you are who called you and how to reach you they'll call you back. That's been my experience

If you call them and leave a voice mail stating who you are who called you and how to reach you they'll call you back. That's been my experience

I left a very brief message and emailed with a list of times that work well for me to take a call! Hoping to speak with them soon.

Has anyone received the email that states the details for the II? If so, how long after you got the II did you get it? I got a call last week and she stated I would be receiving an email soon for details. I still haven't received it and I have no way of contacting her! Should I contact the admissions office?

Has anyone received the email that states the details for the II? If so, how long after you got the II did you get it? I got a call last week and she stated I would be receiving an email soon for details. I still haven't received it and I have no way of contacting her! Should I contact the admissions office?

I got this e-mail right after I spoke to her on the phone. I would probably try to contact the admissions office.

Last edited:
I'm not a twitter person but apparently this is the way to keep up with TMDSAS for anyone who is wondering
**deleted image due to size.

Last edited:
I got mine mine immediately after hanging up with her. I would check my spam if I were you and call back if it's not there.

People who interviewed yesterday how was it?

My boyfriend interviewed yesterday. He said there were 6 MMI stations with 2 minutes to read each ethical scenario and 6 minutes to answer. He said it wasn't very stressful. They emphasized community and collaboration a lot within the class. He also said they were able to spend a good amount of time with some current med students to ask questions.

Reactions: 4 users
Randomly checked my portal today and I have an II!!! So happy! #1 school!

Reactions: 2 users
My boyfriend interviewed yesterday. He said there were 6 MMI stations with 2 minutes to read each ethical scenario and 6 minutes to answer. He said it wasn't very stressful. They emphasized community and collaboration a lot within the class. He also said they were able to spend a good amount of time with some current med students to ask questions.
Was it six minutes per question to respond? or 6 minutes total?

Sounds like 6 minutes to answer per MMI station to me.

Yeah 6 minutes per station. But he said that he would give his first answer and then of course the interviewers would ask follow up questions to run the time out.

I interviewed this past Friday, I think there were only 5 MMI stations.

Yeah 6 minutes per station. But he said that he would give his first answer and then of course the interviewers would ask follow up questions to run the time out.
Awesome, 6 minutes would be a long time for a single question without follow up.

I'm confuse. Do schools cycle through applications? Like do y'all think they go back and review the first batch again? How do they select the first batch to interview?

Do they do yield protection here? I have recieved IIs from most other Texas schools, including Southwestern and Baylor, but still no word from TCOM.

I haven't even heard from A&M, Lubbock, or San Antonio on top of this, so I'm lost as to what determines the invite lol

It's still a human process and way too early in the game. Give the admission people time to read the 3k+ application incoming. If you are competitive (which you are), you will get an interview invite I promise!