2017-2018 Kansas City University (KCU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be worth applying here with my stats? Stats in the signature.
70 Primary and most likely a ton of secondary apps....are you made of money....this cycle is going to be expensive for ya!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, not at all. I'm just working all summer to pay for them.
Motivated, Earning it, I'm glad to hear that!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Does KCU even have a secondary? I recall them asking questions on the primary like DMU

The questions weren't anything special though, just which location you prefer and the "any additional info" prompt. But, who knows.

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on likelihood of secondary:

I got that "apply early" interest e-mail from KCU and replied back with my stats nontrad (I'm 27) 3.3cgpa/3.0sgpa 3.33 postbacc/510+ MCAT knowing I might get screened and didn't want to apply if it was going to be automatic.

They responded that they would still review me and take into consideration my higher MCAT but looking at last year's thread, it looks like the overall opinion was they were pretty strict with cutoffs. Thoughts? Financially strapped and would love KCU but didn't want to throw $$ away.

Thanks in advance!

Really want to know if we're going to get a secondary, but too afraid to contact admissions :confused:

As I posted this, I literally just got the secondary email!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So are there essays in the secondary?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, there are 3.

Part of KCU’s mission is to “improve the well-being of the communities we serve.” Describe what that means to you and how you would implement that mission as a student, as well as a graduate of KCU.

Describe a time when you had to prioritize multiple obligations in order to be successful.

Describe a time when you experienced failure. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?
Wow you awesome person thank you!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Holy hell I don't have any of those essays ready lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Part of KCU’s mission is to “improve the well-being of the communities we serve.” Describe what that means to you and how you would implement that mission as a student, as well as a graduate of KCU.

Describe a time when you had to prioritize multiple obligations in order to be successful.

Describe a time when you experienced failure. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?

Also, is anyone having trouble setting up a log in. It's as if you have to complete it in one go. . .

When was everybody that got secondaries verified?

Anybody else having trouble creating a secondary account?

Still waiting for a secondary, anyone stoll getting them?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I haven't had any trouble logging in, you may need to contact them

No, I was able to do it. What's the issue you're having?
I type in all of my information and hit "create account" and then just get the loading circle animation. I've tried multiple browsers and computers and still cannot seem to get it to work. I contacted them, and they said to send them a screenshot, which I did - still waiting to hear back

I type in all of my information and hit "create account" and then just get the loading circle animation. I've tried multiple browsers and computers and still cannot seem to get it to work. I contacted them, and they said to send them a screenshot, which I did - still waiting to hear back

Happening to me too. Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No secondary. But an email saying, "Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email."

Did anyone else get this? I was verified and submitted in May.

No secondary. But an email saying, "Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks. Once the application review is complete, you will receive additional communication from KCU-COM. If you have not heard anything from our office within 2 weeks, please email."

Did anyone else get this? I was verified and submitted in May.
Yeah. I got this today. Was verified June 30 and still waiting for committee letter to be sent.