2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted via a call this morning!! :):D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted via a call this morning!! :):D

Congrats! Did the admissions committee meet that morning? I interviewed yesterday and was told adcom was meeting today. Wondering if we should expect news today or not until tomorrow.
Thanks! :)

Congrats! Did the admissions committee meet that morning? I interviewed yesterday and was told adcom was meeting today. Wondering if we should expect news today or not until tomorrow.
Thanks! :)
For what it's worth, I interviewed on a Tuesday, was told the adcom was meeting that Thursday, and got the acceptance call Friday. I don't think they call the same day as the adcom meetings.

Gotta say, one thing I really love about this school is the fast turnarounds. They don't leave you in misery like some places. It really feels like they care. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any idea how many applicants are placed on the waitlist (like myself) / How likely it is to get accepted off of the waitlist?

Anyone have any idea how many applicants are placed on the waitlist (like myself) / How likely it is to get accepted off of the waitlist?

I'm not sure, but in general it's not too late. For some schools, they'll pull people off of the waitlist up until the week of classes. I wouldn't lose hope yet.

The waitlist moves a decent amount here. And there's still the possibility of being accepted into the c/o 2023 later on.

Interviewing on the 12th in hopes of getting accepted. For those that have been accepted, just wanted to know if I had a shot with these stats:
Mcat: 499
Cgpa: 3.91
Sgpa: 3.85
Volunteer hours: 100
Shadowing: 40 (low)
Experience: cna (800 hrs), currently a lab tech
Multiple ec. Activities and strong lor.
Thanks guys. Any advice on the interview day or what you think my chances are would be appreciated.

Interviewing on the 12th in hopes of getting accepted. For those that have been accepted, just wanted to know if I had a shot with these stats:
Thanks guys. Any advice on the interview day or what you think my chances are would be appreciated.
Well, your GPA's a whole lot better than mine and that 499 is right at the median matriculant MCAT score for this school, so I'd say you definitely have a shot. Good luck! Just relax and be yourself - the interview day was very laid back.

Reactions: 1 user

If you have an interview at a school, you have a shot at that school.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everybody! I interviewed last Monday, January 29th. I got the email last Friday that the committee wasn’t able to meet, and they should be notifying people by tomorrow. Has anybody heard anything since that interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email that I had been put on the wait list for this school. Does anyone know if they will tell you where you stand in the wait list or no?

Just received an email that I had been put on the wait list for this school. Does anyone know if they will tell you where you stand in the wait list or no?

I don't know if they tell you your waitlist placement, but I do know that our class had a lot of people accepted off the waitlist.

I'm a current 1st year. If anyone accepted for c/o 2022, or anyone else, has any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'd love to answer any questions that I can about the school, Spartanburg, etc.

Congrats on all of your acceptances! I'm a current student at VCOM, so post any questions you have. I'd be glad to answer them!

II just now. I have a friend who is a student there and I’m really excited for this one.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now via phone but withdrew my application. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Hey guys does anybody know if VCOM is still sending out interviews?

II this morning, not sure if im gonna take it. Two dates left FYI

Edit: Just kidding on the dates, there are two in april

Last edited:
Are you accepted elsewhere?
Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from an MD II and have put a deposit down on another DO school. Frankly, I'm just low on cash and not sure if I could afford a trip for a school I may not attend.

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from an MD II and have put a deposit down on another DO school. Frankly, I'm just low on cash and not sure if I could afford a trip for a school I may not attend.

If you would attend VCOM over your accepted DO school, attend. If you wouldn't, don't. It pretty much boils down to that. Don't forget VCOM has mandatory attendance.

This thread has been quiet. Anyone hear any news recently? I was waitlisted early February, trying to scope out my chances

This thread has been quiet. Anyone hear any news recently? I was waitlisted early February, trying to scope out my chances

The class is filled but people get pulled off the waitlist up to the very end. Nothing to report otherwise.

The class is filled but people get pulled off the waitlist up to the very end. Nothing to report otherwise.
Definitely a possibility of some late acceptances. People in our current first-year class were accepted just days before classes started. Don't give up hope!

Has anyone off of the waitlist been accepted? If so, how long have you been on the waitlist and if you feel comfortable answering, what is your GPA and MCAT?

Has anyone off of the waitlist been accepted? If so, how long have you been on the waitlist and if you feel comfortable answering, what is your GPA and MCAT?

Thread is effectively silent regarding people on the waitlist.

Called the other day and they said waitlist movement usually doesn’t pick up till May with most in June.

Do they email or call us if we have been accepted? I received an email back in February that I was waitlisted but I'm not sure if they will do the same if its an acceptance.

Do they email or call us if we have been accepted? I received an email back in February that I was waitlisted but I'm not sure if they will do the same if its an acceptance.

You do get a call if you are accepted.

Just got the acceptance call this afternoon!! :)

Congrats! :) were you initially waitlisted? do you mind sharing what your stats are and the date of your interview?

Last edited:
Congrats! :) were you initially waitlisted? do you mind sharing what your states are and the date of your interview?
Thanks!! I was waitlisted! I interviewed on the 7th of March I think it was!
My stats are:
gpa: 3.70
MCAT: 507

Does anybody know if the $1500 deposit is refundable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted today but declined the seat, hope one of you get it!

Accepted today but declined the seat, hope one of you get it!
Congrats, thanks for updating us! If you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats? It helps knowing so I can estimate how far down the list I might be if that factors into how we are ranked.

I submitted my primary on 2/12, submitted the secondary on 3/1, was invited for an interview on 3/18, was waitlisted but received a guaranteed offer of acceptance for the following year on 4/7, and was accepted for the Class of 2022 on 5/22. Looks like there's a lot of movement right now so don't give up yet. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Received a definite acceptance for the Class of 2023 (a week or so ago), although still a candidate for the Class of 2022:

Traditional Student
Interviewed: 12/12

Graduated 3.4 (cum) from NC State
MCAT: 497
Lower stats, but I had a lot of research/volunteer/leadership extracurriculars, great LORs, personal statement, etc.

Stoked though - VCOM is my top choice

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Received a definite acceptance for the Class of 2023 (a week or so ago), although still a candidate for the Class of 2022:

Interviewed: 12/12

Graduated 3.4 (cum) from NC State
MCAT: 497
Lower stats, but I had a lot of research/volunteer/leadership extracurriculars, great LORs, personal statement, etc.

Stoked though - VCOM is my top choice

Congrats! VCOM puts more weight into GPA than MCAT so that's not surprising.

Can any current students comment on the benefits of living in Spartanburg? Like what you guys do for fun when not studying or like awesome stores etc

Can any current students comment on the benefits of living in Spartanburg? Like what you guys do for fun when not studying or like awesome stores etc
So we (my hubs and I) moved down here at the beginning of the month, and so far we have really enjoyed how centralized everything is. We come from a small town, so it is nice having all the main stores one can think of, a mall, and tons of restaurants all close by. There are lots of places we have yet to try out, but so far we have enjoyed the places we have been to. You don't have to look hard to find somewhere to go!

So we (my hubs and I) moved down here at the beginning of the month, and so far we have really enjoyed how centralized everything is. We come from a small town, so it is nice having all the main stores one can think of, a mall, and tons of restaurants all close by. There are lots of places we have yet to try out, but so far we have enjoyed the places we have been to. You don't have to look hard to find somewhere to go!

Oh awesome! I’m actually going to be an incoming first year so I just wanted some general info about the area moreso than what I saw during the interview.

Oh awesome! I’m actually going to be an incoming first year so I just wanted some general info about the area moreso than what I saw during the interview.
I'm a current first year. If you have any specific questions about Spartanburg or the school, please feel free to message me.