2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!
Your stats are off the charts in terms of DO.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No they're not. My stats are higher and I've received a buttload of MD rejections and no II's but 6 DO II's.
First, I mentioned only DOs, not MDs. I am sorry to hear that you got rejected by some MD schools but you did mention receiving interview invites for DOs (six to be exact). To me, those are plenty of interviews to give you an opportunity to head into a DO school.

Second, please not discourage the ones that have a possible chance to get in because based on their stats. It is not only about those when applying for DO schools.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
DO Letter just got in so I'm about to be complete finally! I really hope I get an interview from this school!

No they're not. My stats are higher and I've received a buttload of MD rejections and no II's but 6 DO II's.
I agree they are not "off the charts" but he/she was clearly supplying a peer with much-needed confidence. No reason for negativity here.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interview invite today! Anyone know any more information other than 3 one-on-one interviews? Are they blind?

Interviewing here in a few weeks. For those of you that have already interviewed, how was the experience? What were the highlights and low points?

II 23rd of October! Who will be there?

Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier this morning however will be withdrawing and I hope the invite goes to someone who very much deserves it.

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone plz post ur like or dislikes about this campus VS the other two campuses. Why Carolinas? need help picking out which one 1-3. I need to do that by tomorrow afternoon, help!!!! Thank you

Does anyone know their minimum GPA and MCAT Requirements? Do they screen pre-secondary?

Does anyone know their minimum GPA and MCAT Requirements? Do they screen pre-secondary?
3.2 GPA in the last 120 hours. I don't think there is a minimum MCAT but I might be wrong.

3.2 GPA in the last 120 hours. I don't think there is a minimum MCAT but I might be wrong.
I don't get it. So how would I know what GPA I have in the last 120 hours lol? AACOMAS doesn't say anything about that :(

I don't get it. So how would I know what GPA I have in the last 120 hours lol? AACOMAS doesn't say anything about that :(
You could print a copy of your transcripts and go to one of those GPA calculator sites and manually calculate it. It will probably take ten minutes or so.

You could print a copy of your transcripts and go to one of those GPA calculator sites and manually calculate it. It will probably take ten minutes or so.
True! I'll give it a try. Thank you!

II just now! (Freaking out that it's my turn to post that. First interview ever and I am over the moon!) Interviewing tomorrow 10/10/17.
SC resident. Complete email 8/30. sGPA 3.33 cGPA 3.67 MCAT 502

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II just now! (Freaking out that it's my turn to post that. First interview ever and I am over the moon!) Interviewing tomorrow 10/10/17.
Complete email 8/30. sGPA 3.33 cGPA 3.67 MCAT 502
Good luck! Be ready for questions about osteopathic medicine (I was asked about the tenets of osteopathic medicine), your study habits, an ethical question, and why VCOM. Also have like 2 questions ready for each interview. Best of luck on your first interview. You're going to do great!

Good luck! Be ready for questions about osteopathic medicine (I was asked about the tenets of osteopathic medicine), your study habits, an ethical question, and why VCOM. Also have like 2 questions ready for each interview. Best of luck on your first interview. You're going to do great!

Thank you! This was very short notice so tonight I'm busy preparing scouring the internet for tips!

Just checked the portal and the status bar is missing. Does anybody know if this means anything? Complete since 9/6

Just checked the portal and the status bar is missing. Does anybody know if this means anything? Complete since 9/6
Same thing happened to me since the last time I checked about two days ago. Complete since 9/8.

The same thing has happened to me since a day or two ago. I submitted yesterday and received the application received email this morning. All my letters had green check mark previously.

My status bar has disappeared as well. Does anybody who has interviewed still have a status bar? I am hoping it is site wide and does not mean anything.

I interviewed here yesterday 10/10/17 and I still have my interview status bar

I interviewed here yesterday 10/10/17 and I still have my interview status bar
How was the experience/questions and how did u like the school? What were the highlights and low points?

How was the experience/questions and how did u like the school? What were the highlights and low points?

Interviewed here yesterday 10/10/17. This was my first interview. It was nothing like I had expected. I was extremely nervous but from the moment I got there at 9am, I immediately felt at ease. Everyone is extremely friendly. I was worried about being grilled on the 1-2 negative aspects of my academic history, but my interviewers made an effort to get to know me outside of my grades and scores. They were extremely warm and inviting. I would suggest loosening up and interacting with your fellow interviewees. With the exception of maybe one person, we were all pretty engaged with each other which made the experience much more relaxing and comfortable. They do a short introduction to the school then take you on a tour of Spartanburg and stop at the Y (I won't go into detail, but this part of the tour was particularly hilarious). We then went back to the school and had a short break prior to the three one-on-one interviews. The interviews felt relatively short. I was worried how I would talk about myself for a whole 30 minutes but because of the conversational feel, it went by much quicker. After the interviews we had two OMS1's take us for a quick tour of the school. It deserves it's current ranking as one of the most beautiful medical schools in the US for sure. After that, they provided lunch where we were able to chat with two OMS2's who were great. Next was a very brief (and for me overwhelming) presentation about financial aid. Then we wrapped up the day and were sent on our way! We were told that the decisions would be made by early next week. The wait is killing me but I'm glad it's not too long of one. We were done by about 1:50pm. Overall very impressed with the school.

Interview invite, scheduled for October 25th! PM if you’re also scheduled for that Wednesday please!

If accepted, how much time does VCOM give you to make a decision? Till mid Dec, I'm assuming?
Interviewed here yesterday 10/10/17. This was my first interview. It was nothing like I had expected. I was extremely nervous but from the moment I got there at 9am, I immediately felt at ease. Everyone is extremely friendly. I was worried about being grilled on the 1-2 negative aspects of my academic history, but my interviewers made an effort to get to know me outside of my grades and scores. They were extremely warm and inviting. I would suggest loosening up and interacting with your fellow interviewees. With the exception of maybe one person, we were all pretty engaged with each other which made the experience much more relaxing and comfortable. They do a short introduction to the school then take you on a tour of Spartanburg and stop at the Y (I won't go into detail, but this part of the tour was particularly hilarious). We then went back to the school and had a short break prior to the three one-on-one interviews. The interviews felt relatively short. I was worried how I would talk about myself for a whole 30 minutes but because of the conversational feel, it went by much quicker. After the interviews we had two OMS1's take us for a quick tour of the school. It deserves it's current ranking as one of the most beautiful medical schools in the US for sure. After that, they provided lunch where we were able to chat with two OMS2's who were great. Next was a very brief (and for me overwhelming) presentation about financial aid. Then we wrapped up the day and were sent on our way! We were told that the decisions would be made by early next week. The wait is killing me but I'm glad it's not too long of one. We were done by about 1:50pm. Overall very impressed with the school.

If accepted, how much time does VCOM give you to make a decision? Till mid Dec, I'm assuming?

For me it would be by Feb 15. This is the earliest you have to make a decision as a regular admission applicant. Dates are listed on their accepted students page.

Also accepted!! Congrats to everyone else as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well!

Accepted as well. Congrats everyone

Just wanting an interview over here still haha.

Congrats to all that have had II/accepted. Do they required lecture attendance?

Is it too early to start a Class of 2022 Facebook page? lol

Same thing happened to me since the last time I checked about two days ago. Complete since 9/8.
The same thing has happened to me since a day or two ago. I submitted yesterday and received the application received email this morning. All my letters had green check mark previously.

Just wanted to let you guys know that my status bar is back so that you guys could keep checking your status as well. I am assuming that it was a website error and did not mean anything!

Also, congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! That is so exciting!

Just wanted to let you guys know that my status bar is back so that you guys could keep checking your status as well. I am assuming that it was a website error and did not mean anything!

Also, congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! That is so exciting!
Cool, thanks for checking! Mine is back, too.