2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Carolinas Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone care to post the secondary questions? Are they the same at all three campuses?

Aw man I got an email saying my application is scheduled to be reviewed by the committee to see if they want to send me a secondary.

Aw man I got an email saying my application is scheduled to be reviewed by the committee to see if they want to send me a secondary.
I got the same email. I'm an international applicant, Canadian citizen.

Hi Everyone! I'll be an OMS I this year! If anyone has any questions in which I can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! I wish you all the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything from this school and I was complete since 6/26.

Haven't heard anything from this school and I was complete since 6/26.

That's when I submitted my secondary, but I never received a complete email. Only email I received was confirmation of secondary payment, so I'm wondering if I need to call VCOM.

That's when I submitted my secondary, but I never received a complete email. Only email I received was confirmation of secondary payment, so I'm wondering if I need to call VCOM.

I mistyped. By complete I meant everything but secondary. I haven't received that

Yeah same, I submitted my secondary on 7/7 and still haven't gotten a complete email. When I go to my secondary it has my submission and date and "Validation Passed: Yes" in the top right corner. Are you seeing the same thing? I might call today

Just submitted my primary application to this campus. Hopefully I get a secondary soon, assuming I meet their initial screening, crossing my fingers :xf:

I mistyped. By complete I meant everything but secondary. I haven't received that
I'm in the same boat. :/ I was verified around the same time, received an email that they were going over my application a week later, and then silence..

I'm in the same boat. :/ I was verified around the same time, received an email that they were going over my application a week later, and then silence..
This past week has been orientation. Everyone has been really busy. I wouldn't look too much into it yet.

Yeah same, I submitted my secondary on 7/7 and still haven't gotten a complete email. When I go to my secondary it has my submission and date and "Validation Passed: Yes" in the top right corner. Are you seeing the same thing? I might call today
There is a link at the bottom of the email to check your status.

II just now!

Reactions: 7 users
Never got a complete email. Nothing had changed in the portal this morning when I checked. So I guess today? I submitted 07/28

Do you go to College of Osteopathic Medicine - Application Login for the portal login? If so, how long did it take for you to be able to login? My application was completed on 8/9/17 but I still haven't been able to login anywhere to check on the status.

Do you go to College of Osteopathic Medicine - Application Login for the portal login? If so, how long did it take for you to be able to login? My application was completed on 8/9/17 but I still haven't been able to login anywhere to check on the status.
In the email that had the link for the secondary, there was also a link for the portal at the bottom. Once you're offered an interview a new tab pops up that says "interview".

Interview invite! I had Virginia campus ranked higher, but the lady who called convinced me to interview here. Very nice experience!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite! I had Virginia campus ranked higher, but the lady who called convinced me to interview here. Very nice experience!

Congrats on the II!!! Quick question: how long after you submitted your secondary where you offered an II?

My physician LOR was sent yesterday, and they updated the portal today, so I'm hoping to hear good news in the next few weeks.

Congrats on the II!!! Quick question: how long after you submitted your secondary where you offered an II?

My physician LOR was sent yesterday, and they updated the portal today, so I'm hoping to hear good news in the next few weeks.

I was complete on July 7th, submitted on July 4th.

Did you apply through the early admissions track?

Did you apply through the early admissions track?

Thanks!!

Have you decided on a date yet? Where there still a lot of dates offered to interview?

No I was a regular applicant, and I chose the first Monday in October. That was purely because it is close to my hometown and I wanted to spend the weekend home before the interview. There were non-Monday dates available in late September.

Secondary Submitted 8/19 and haven't been marked complete. How long has it taken everyone to be marked complete?

Secondary Submitted 8/19 and haven't been marked complete. How long has it taken everyone to be marked complete?
Right at 3 weeks for me. II same day. I hope it's the same for you

I just received the Complete Email!! I'm hoping to get an II soon, keeping my fingers crossed.

For the people that have received an II, do you mind sharing stats and if you are IS (SC/NC) or OOS?

Any new II's? Been complete since 8/29 and submitted 7/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one has posted anything. I am anxiously waiting for an update from someone. I was marked complete on 9/08, submitted the secondary on 8/25.

From their complete email I found this: We will begin reviewing completed applications in early August, 2017 and will schedule our first interviews for early decision applicants in mid-September, 2017 and for our general application pool in early-October, 2017.

So according to this information, do you think it's safe to assume that they wont be making any new IIs until October?

No one has posted anything. I am anxiously waiting for an update from someone. I was marked complete on 9/08, submitted the secondary on 8/25.

From their complete email I found this: We will begin reviewing completed applications in early August, 2017 and will schedule our first interviews for early decision applicants in mid-September, 2017 and for our general application pool in early-October, 2017.

So according to this information, do you think it's safe to assume that they wont be making any new IIs until October?

I'm not sure! Someone should call and find out haha

I'm going to give it another week, and if I haven't heard anything by then, I'll send them an email.
I spoke with someone in admissions at the end of last week. They are currently reviewing applications and calling for interviews.

I spoke with someone in admissions at the end of last week. They are currently reviewing applications and calling for interviews.

Thanks for the info, hopefully we all hear good news in the coming days.

Reactions: 1 users
New to this site. Wondering if I should apply. From the Northeast, gpa 3.68, mcat 505, EMT, and rsch experience. Should I apply? Thank you!