2016 Wayne State Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Wayne has pretty much accepted their full class for fall 2012 or is there still a little bit of hope for some of us?

I think there is still hope. Got this email today:

Hello applicants. I know that many of you are anxious to find out if you are going to receive an offer from the Doctor of Pharmacy program at Wayne State University. Please note that we are currently in the process of making offers. Due to the dynamic nature of this process, it is impossible to tell exactly when all offers will be made. Some admitted applicants decline, usually for personal reasons. For example: financial issues, personal issues, or medical issues sometimes prevent an applicant from accepting an offer. Every year some applicants also have their offers rescinded. This could be for failing a prerequisite, not completing all the prerequisites, or not submitting documents or other verification materials required by the University. Unfortunately, it is impossible to predict how many accepted applicants will decline their admission offer or have their offers rescinded. Also, it is impossible to predict when accepted applicants will decline our offer or have their offer rescinded. Therefore, it is possible that students may be offered a seat all the way up until nearly the first day of classes. We thank you for your patience and your continued interest in the PharmD program at Wayne State University.

Yours Truly,
Tamra Watt

Sounds like I'm on a waitlist. I interviewed Jan. 31.
3.3 PharmCAS gpa, 85 composite pcat

Members don't see this ad.

I also got that same email today...Does this mean we're on a wait-list? I'm not giving up hope!

I also got that same email today...Does this mean we're on a wait-list? I'm not giving up hope!

I got that email too. This wait is killing me!!! and yes we are on wait-list anyone who didnt get accepted a week after their interview is on wait-list

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email too. This wait is killing me!!! and yes we are on wait-list anyone who didnt get accepted a week after their interview is on wait-list

One of my friends that got into Wayne State last year said that he received an email stating specifically that he was on a "wait-list." Did anyone email Tamra and ask her if we're on a wait-list?

One of my friends that got into Wayne State last year said that he received an email stating specifically that he was on a "wait-list." Did anyone email Tamra and ask her if we're on a wait-list?

Ya I know in the end when all decisions are made they put like 10 people on the official wait-list. My friends sister asked the dean and he said anyone who hasn't been accepted yet is on it. I tried emailing Tamra today but I received an automatic email saying she is on maternity leave?

Hey for the May 10th PharmFest, is the attire formal or informal? Please don't tell me I have to wear my suit again...would jeans and a t-shirt be good enough?

Also for the people still waiting to hear back, trust me if I got in anyone can get in. I was on the waitlist. My recommendation is chill out and check your email once a day. Checking your email 24/7 doesn't improve your chances, you've submitted your GPA & PCAT and had your interview. There's nothing you can do at this point, so stop stressing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
JJOU, congrats on getting in, do you mind sharing what your stats were?

did anyone else got accepted lately?!
some of my friends are still waiting.....just wanted to see how is everyone else doing : )

HEY everyone! I just accepted today into the college of pharmacy, will be attending in the fall!! I went to MSU for undergrad and from the detroit area!!! Looking forward to pharm fest!!

achab, i was wondering if you don't mind.....what was ur stats as culumlative gpa, science gpa
PCAT score, volunteer (etc.)??

it's just that my friends are waiting...and wanted to see where they stand/have chance or not!
Thanks in advance~

achab, i was wondering if you don't mind.....what was ur stats as culumlative gpa, science gpa
PCAT score, volunteer (etc.)??

it's just that my friends are waiting...and wanted to see where they stand/have chance or not!
Thanks in advance~

Just gave up my spot, Wayne State is officially a grand richer! Good Luck people

HEY everyone! I just accepted today into the college of pharmacy, will be attending in the fall!! I went to MSU for undergrad and from the detroit area!!! Looking forward to pharm fest!!

Achab - Would you be able to provide us with your stats, gpa, pcat score, volunteer, etc.? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
i am graduating from msu at the beginning of may with a degree in chemistry. My grade point is a 3.4, pcat was decent, I have worked as pharmacy tech for over a year at an independent pharmacy and took on a lot of responsibility there, While i was doing that i also volunteered at a non profit health clinic in their pharmacy. I also did random volunteer things like habitat for humanity, American red cross, alternative spring break trips, involved in organizations on campus. And I started the MSU-prepharmacy club and was president.

Are you still waiting to hear?

i am graduating from msu at the beginning of may with a degree in chemistry. My grade point is a 3.4, pcat was decent, I have worked as pharmacy tech for over a year at an independent pharmacy and took on a lot of responsibility there, While i was doing that i also volunteered at a non profit health clinic in their pharmacy. I also did random volunteer things like habitat for humanity, American red cross, alternative spring break trips, involved in organizations on campus. And I started the MSU-prepharmacy club and was president.

Are you still waiting to hear?

Yes, I am still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your PCAT score, I know you said it was decent but if you could give us an idea of what it is that would be very helpful. I'm just worried I won't get in at Wayne State this year. My gpa is 3.36, I'll have a Bachelor in Science degree by the end of this summer and my PCAT was not good at all (only a 60 percentile overall). I've volunteered in a pharmacy for about 7 months now, and I've also volunteered in a hospital for about a year now. I've also done a lot in high school (I don't know if that matters), I was on Student Council for 4 years, and part of a number of committees. What do you think are my chances?

Yes, I am still waiting to hear back. Do you mind sharing your PCAT score, I know you said it was decent but if you could give us an idea of what it is that would be very helpful. I'm just worried I won't get in at Wayne State this year. My gpa is 3.36, I'll have a Bachelor in Science degree by the end of this summer and my PCAT was not good at all (only a 60 percentile overall). I've volunteered in a pharmacy for about 7 months now, and I've also volunteered in a hospital for about a year now. I've also done a lot in high school (I don't know if that matters), I was on Student Council for 4 years, and part of a number of committees. What do you think are my chances?
i'm in the same boat as member 72 :( still waiting to hear back. i have a 3.4 GPA and got a 71 on my PCAT. However, this is only my second year as a university student so I don't have a degree. I've also volunteered at a hospital for over two years and job shadowed. hopefully we'll all hear back from Wayne soon!

hey guys
i heard that this year has been their most competitive applicant year thus far. I am sure you both have great chances so stay positive (staying positive is the secret to life, its the law of attraction, have positive thoughts, positive things will happen). I know that continuous contact with the college of pharmacy from the date of your interview until you hear about your acceptance definitely makes a difference. I emailed a lot back and forth with both Tamra and Dean slaughter. Have either of you heard from other schools?

Hey for the May 10th PharmFest, is the attire formal or informal? Please don't tell me I have to wear my suit again...would jeans and a t-shirt be good enough?

Also for the people still waiting to hear back, trust me if I got in anyone can get in. I was on the waitlist. My recommendation is chill out and check your email once a day. Checking your email 24/7 doesn't improve your chances, you've submitted your GPA & PCAT and had your interview. There's nothing you can do at this point, so stop stressing out.
Hey, I'm attending PharmPhest too and I am planning to wear business casual clothes. A nice pair of slacks, nice shirt and long sleeved blouse. I don't think it is a formal affair like the interviews since we are going over registration and other things and not interviewing again, but I'm not comfortable wearing jeans there. Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing everyone there :)

Hey guys, has anyone else received an email from Wayne State recently? I'm still waiting, I haven't received anything!!! Thanks in advance :)

Hey, I'm attending PharmPhest too and I am planning to wear business casual clothes. A nice pair of slacks, nice shirt and long sleeved blouse. I don't think it is a formal affair like the interviews since we are going over registration and other things and not interviewing again, but I'm not comfortable wearing jeans there. Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing everyone there :)

Yeah, the email started that Pharmphest is business casual. I kind of feel like it stressed that we dress appropriately. See you guys on Thursday

I still haven't heard anything, not even a rejection email. Has anyone received anything, even a wait-list or rejection email? I guess better luck next year...

wow that is kind of rude, they really should let ppl know by now...i mean waiting is hard enough..but that long?!? not fair! good luck guys..

Hey guys,

Since I'm not from Michigan and had finals during PharmPhest I ended up missing it. For those of you who went and don't mind sharing, could you let me know what I missed out on?

Btw those of you still waiting, have you tried calling Mrs. Tamra Watt? She's back from maternal leave and was a big help when I was waiting to hear back. Don't lose hope and best of luck!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using SDN Mobile

Hey guys,

Since I'm not from Michigan and had finals during PharmPhest I ended up missing it. For those of you who went and don't mind sharing, could you let me know what I missed out on?

Btw those of you still waiting, have you tried calling Mrs. Tamra Watt? She's back from maternal leave and was a big help when I was waiting to hear back. Don't lose hope and best of luck!

The first thing you must do is contact them in some way. I had a friend miss out as well and they had to set up a date to meet there. In PharmPhest we signed up for classes, went over requirements for the first day of class, discussed financial aid, and signed up for different clubs. The clubs were heavily stressed by Dr. Slaughter as well.

I think those were the most important aspects but I may have forgot some things.

I got my acceptance email today! I'm extremely relieved. For those still waiting, I got an email a few days ago saying they expect some spots to open up in June, so keep your heads up!

Congrats Wayne State is a grand richer, I'm officially dropping out of the pharmacy path. One more spot just opened up. Good luck to everyone else.

Wentgin, could you please provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT score, volunteer, etc... some of us are still waiting...

Wentgin, could you please provide us with your stats - GPA, PCAT score, volunteer, etc... some of us are still waiting...

PharmCAS GPA 3.3 but my prereq gpa was close to 4.0, 85 PCAT, volunteer at UM hospital, no pharm tech experience

Have any of you guys talked to p2s or other Wayne students about which books to buy and which not to buy?