2016 Wayne State Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They sent out interview invitations on Monday, not sure what that means. Hopefully we will hear something positive soon.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you waiting to hear back...the game isnt over until class starts. Last year (I have 2 interns) my one intern her friend was initially denied in Feb or March and then received an admission letter in August. My other intern is at U of M and he (and at least 20 others in his class) were denied as well and then given admission later on. A lot can happen, people change their mind on their school of choice. Some who will have to pay out of state tuition rates will get accepted in their home town and others (who may have been deferred by their 1st choice school) accept Wayne's offer (just in case) and then get accepted leaving a spot open for you..a lot can happen in the next few months just keep positive and keep moving forward in your studies.

For those of you who were accepted, are you still supposed to do the Academic Update for PharmCAS and send the newest transcript to them or does that not matter anymore? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who were accepted, are you still supposed to do the Academic Update for PharmCAS and send the newest transcript to them or does that not matter anymore? Thank you in advance.

Yes you do have to update your transcripts.

did anyone who interviewed on the 31st hear anything back yet?
my pact composite is 76 and gpa is 3.85, but i didn't feel too good about my interview, what are my chances?

did anyone who interviewed on the 31st hear anything back yet?
my pact composite is 76 and gpa is 3.85, but i didn't feel too good about my interview, what are my chances?

Your chances are high. I had a lower pcat and 3.8 gpa and got accepted.

Accepted! Finally. I've been waiting since 12 08
Congrats, I got accepted today too! :) so glad i didn't have to wait that long, this past week felt like a century to me lool

do any of you know of any people who declined their deposit offer?

PharmCAS Academic Update is required however if you've accepted WSU's offer, don't bother sending your transcript to them, just send it straight into WSU Pharmacy Admissions when you graduate. I had the same question and e-mailed them and that's the response I got since they need your final transcript with all the grades anyways

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I interviewed on the 14th as well and also got my accetance letter today :) What time did you interview? I interviewed and 1015. Were we in the same group?

Ferris State-interviewed
Wayne State-accepted :)
Howard University- interview invite

Members don't see this ad :)
No i was in the afternoon group. Well i think i was totally dont remember hahah!

I got accepted into Ferris State Pharmacy today, and then I get this email from Wayne State Pharm today as well...

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, faculty and staff of the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, I would like to thank you for the time and effort that you took to interview for admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at Wayne State University.
Please be advised that the admissions committee is still reviewing candidates. Not all offers have been sent out. We've just recently finished our last interview and because of the dynamics of the admissions process, all admission decisions may not be finalized until late spring/early summer. You will be informed of our admission decision via email as soon as the decision is made.
Thank you."

Is Wayne State just trying to say I'm rejected or waitlisted in a nice way? If yes, does anyone know how to tie a noose? I interviewed on the 14th.

I got accepted into Ferris State Pharmacy today, and then I get this email from Wayne State Pharm today as well...

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, faculty and staff of the Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, I would like to thank you for the time and effort that you took to interview for admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at Wayne State University.
Please be advised that the admissions committee is still reviewing candidates. Not all offers have been sent out. We've just recently finished our last interview and because of the dynamics of the admissions process, all admission decisions may not be finalized until late spring/early summer. You will be informed of our admission decision via email as soon as the decision is made.
Thank you."

Is Wayne State just trying to say I'm rejected or waitlisted in a nice way? If yes, does anyone know how to tie a noose? I interviewed on the 14th.
I got the same email. I take it as they are tired of people emailing status requests. I think if you were rejected or deferred, it would've said so in clearer language. Good luck!

Thank you."

Yes it means we are on a waitlist but we still have a good chance the P2 at my interview told us to expect this email.

Thank you."

Congrats!!! When did u have your ferris interview?

Has a facebook group been made yet for the WSU Pharmacy class 2016?
I'm excited to meet my future classmates! Someone please reply and copy and paste the URL if you have any info, thanks!

The wait is killing me, would it be rude if I gave Richard Slaughter an email asking where I stood on the waitlist? It's been 2 weeks, I'm not getting in...Ferris State here I come.

Has a facebook group been made yet for the WSU Pharmacy class 2016?
I'm excited to meet my future classmates! Someone please reply and copy and paste the URL if you have any info, thanks!
I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking for a roommate this coming fall.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm looking for a roommate this coming fall.

Yeah, im from Texas so I am totally confused about the housing situation. Seems like the area around the campus can be a lil sketchy so i dont know where to live. The Ellington (i think that is what it is called) but didn't see anything else. Do they have graduate dorms?

Yeah, im from Texas so I am totally confused about the housing situation. Seems like the area around the campus can be a lil sketchy so i dont know where to live. The Ellington (i think that is what it is called) but didn't see anything else. Do they have graduate dorms?
I'm not sure about graduate dorms. I have a house and I'm looking for a roommate to cut costs.

The Ellington looks nice and is literally a hop skip and jump from school. I assumed they would be fairly expensive.

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys have been accepted in the past couple of weeks or have have heard of anyone being accepted

Those of u that got accepted, if you dont' mind can u "PLEASE" share ur stats as GPA and PCAT...
i just wanted to see where i stand, havent hard anything yet...it's frustrating! :(

dont think pcat/gpa stats are what got me in, i think it was my resume. I have a lot of research experience, and it seems like they took note of that because my interviewers were both involved in research. So we just kinda chatted, and even ended up talking about bacteria plushies and a tea cup that looked like a beaker. Just relax and wait, i dont think comparing stats will help cause mine are terrible! and i mean terrible. SDN can make you depressed, people will start to decline offers as time passes regardless of whether or not t hey have put down a deposit. :D

dont think pcat/gpa stats are what got me in, i think it was my resume. I have a lot of research experience, and it seems like they took note of that because my interviewers were both involved in research. So we just kinda chatted, and even ended up talking about bacteria plushies and a tea cup that looked like a beaker. Just relax and wait, i dont think comparing stats will help cause mine are terrible! and i mean terrible. SDN can make you depressed, people will start to decline offers as time passes regardless of whether or not t hey have put down a deposit. :D

Were you at the interviews on January 31st? I think you were in my rotational group, I remember there was a guy there talking about his research!

Were you at the interviews on January 31st? I think you were in my rotational group, I remember there was a guy there talking about his research!

Nope February 14th and I am a girl :D

My stats are average. If you look at last year's entering class, that's pretty much what I got, give or take a few points. Just hang in there! :)

Are there any current students in this forum.

hey everyone!
those of u that are getting accepted in march or thereafter please post it in this forum if possible with stats.... as it will give idea to students in the waiting process like me as to how long Wayne state pharmacy is accepting students.....thanks in advance!!

just wanted to let you guys know that I interviewed in the last group on march 5th so I'm assuming they'll let everyone know soon? lets hope, good luck everyone!

Wayne State has seriously gotta reconsider who they accept into their program...

BECAUSE I GOT ACCEPTED!!!

Interviewed Feb. 14th, 3.65 gpa and 76 PCAT. Can't wait until I finally receive the acceptance letter in the mail and I send in that $1000 check!!! I was getting paranoid, since I wore a grey suit to my interview and I was thinking my suit was holding me back. Pretty much everyone at the interview had on black.

P.S. I just made a scene in my advance human anatomy class b/c I shouted YES!!! at the top of my lungs during lecture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got accepted today as well. I am in the process of deciding between Wayne State and Ferris State. I have approximately a 3.3 overall GPA calculated by Pharmcas with a huge upward trend in grades in the last 2 years. I scored in the 80's on the PCAT.

I hope this helps some of you and I hope the best for the rest of you!

Finally, finally, finally!!!!! I just got accepted as well!!!:soexcited:
I interviewed Jan. 10th...so I have been waiting for what seems like forever! For those of you that are still waiting for a reply, DO NOT give up hope! Anything is possible! ;)

I am so happy!! i got in as well, finaly!!!!!!! omg i cannot wait to get started with grad school ...... did anybody else get accepted that have been waiting for long time?!

I am so happy!! i got in as well, finaly!!!!!!! omg i cannot wait to get started with grad school ...... did anybody else get accepted that have been waiting for long time?!
I've been waiting since Feb 10th to hear back from Wayne...still nothing...

Pharm20101 when was your interview? and would you be able to provide us with your stats - such as GPA, pcat score, community involvement, etc.... thanks in advance!

I interviewed on Jan 20th...seems like have been waiting forever lol....anyways my stats are average 3.7 overall gpa and 3.5 science/math, pcat score 68. worked as pharmacy tech for a year and some volunteer experience.....hopefully you u hear from them soon! good luck!

A spot should be opening soon, paid my deposit but not going since I got into UT.

Has anyone else been accepted recently that has been waiting for a long time? And could you please provide us with your stats? Thank you :)

I interviewed on January 10th and got accepted 2 weeks after.

3.22 PharmCAS gpa, 88 percentile PCAT score, excellent PS, excellent letters of reqs - 1 from my physio professor, 1 from my biochem professor, got A's in both of those classes and had a good relationship with both of those professors, along with 1 letter from a clinical pharmacist I shadowed. I also had a lot of extracurricular that I was able to talk about in my PS.

Best of luck!

wow 88 pcat composite score?! that's impressive....how did u prepare for it?

Does anyone know if Wayne has pretty much accepted their full class for fall 2012 or is there still a little bit of hope for some of us?