2016 Wayne State Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I had the feeling that the waiting period could last from anywhere between a week and about 2 months. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed december afternoon and am waiting to hear back as well.

A question for those who have been accepted to both U of M and Wayne State, which program are you planning to commit to (if you don't mind my asking)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed on January 10th hear back yet?

Haven't heard anything I will post if I do. Last years accepted candidates got their email 1 week after (we have a extra holiday day since they were closed yesterday). They also got their acceptances on a Friday (their interviews were on a Thursday though) so we should know soon enough. The suspense is killing me.:rolleyes::confused:

Yeah I agree, I can't wait to find out! I'm checking my e-mail multiple times a day.

I also noticed a few people who interviewed on December 8th of this cycle heard back within 6 or 7 days. So hopefully we should hear back soon! If not, there are some people who haven't heard back in over a month.

I spoke with Mrs. Tamra Watt and she told me that Wayne State doesn't really wait list. So I'm guessing they accept people who they think are most qualified first and then depending on how many people don't accept their seats they extend offers to people who are qualified but maybe at the lower end?

I understand how anxious you all are to hear back from Wayne State. I interviewed on January 10 and have yet to hear back as well. Wayne State is the only school I applied to so you can imagine how nervous I am to get accepted and let out a huge sigh of relief. From what I heard, the first students accepted usually hear back 1 to 2 weeks after their interviews otherwise they could be waiting until March. Also, I heard Tamra is pregnant and has been absent the past couple days probably delaying the whole process. Anyways, I am very hopeful that I will get a response sometime this week.

I interviewed jan 10th as well. I realllllllllly hope they get back to us by the end of this week!! I don't think I can take the wait anymore! lol

ahh the wait is killing me! this needs to end, send us that email lol

I wonder if Tamra is the one who was out on medical leave that day of our interview. Do you guys remember how there was some confusion in the beginning on where everyone was suppose to be? One of the faculty members had said that usually a lady (who was out on medical leave) coordinates all of the activities and that a few people had to step in and take over so that's why there was some confusion with regard to the groups and the scheduling. Maybe that's why things seem to be at a standstill ?????? I swear this suspense is driving me nuts. The next interview is tomorrow. Hopefully the delay isn't due to the excess amount of qualified candidates who were scheduled on the 10th and the 20th and they wanted to see everyone before making a decision! I'll post if I hear anything.

for those that interviewed, how long did it last? I'm interviewing on the 31st and they're telling me the whole process takes about 3 hours... is that just an overestimate? Do they have it split up (like ferris... esaay, interview, presentation). How long is the ACTUAL interview?

The actual 2 on 1 interview was 15 minutes, perhaps more or less depending on the conversation you're having. I didn't really time it but it felt like 15 minutes.
I interviewed Jan 10th in the am and still haven't head anything! Can they get this show on the road...i'm dying over here! I check my email every 10 minutes lol

Members don't see this ad :)
The actual 2 on 1 interview was 15 minutes, perhaps more or less depending on the conversation you're having. I didn't really time it but it felt like 15 minutes.
I interviewed Jan 10th in the am and still haven't head anything! Can they get this show on the road...i'm dying over here! I check my email every 10 minutes lol
oh my gosh same here man...i keep checking my email constantly!!!! This needs to end lol

The anticipation is killing me, it has been almost 2 weeks since my interview and I honestly don't know much more I can take. To make matters worse, the next batch of interviews starts on the 23rd meaning that if we don't hear back before that date then they will likely be occupied with the interviews and thus delaying when we hear back. :(

The anticipation is killing me, it has been almost 2 weeks since my interview and I honestly don't know much more I can take. To make matters worse, the next batch of interviews starts on the 23rd meaning that if we don't hear back before that date then they will likely be occupied with the interviews and thus delaying when we hear back. :(

Actually, there were interviews on the 20th. There are also 2 other upcoming dates I know of. January 26th, and 31st. They may be waiting until all of these are done to pick the students that impressed them the most.

I just got my acceptance letter!!!!! Hot diggity dog!!!!! Class of 2016 here we come. Any one else?:love::):laugh::thumbup:

Just got accepted!!! Yeah buddy :) hope all of you guys do as well !!

Got accepted as well! See you all next year :-D

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using SDN Mobile

To everyone who was already accepted, do you mind sharing your stats?

I just graduated with a B.S. in Biology with a minor in general chemistry. My PharmCAS GPA was about 3.45, I've been working part time in a CVS pharmacy since September and I was a nursing assistant before that. I was part of a community service organization at my college for a few semesters and volunteered at my local hospital before I became a nursing assistant. My composite on the PCAT was 80th percentile. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to those who were just accepted. I had my interview the 20th. I'm hoping to be joining the rest of you soon!

I got accepted on the 24th, so it took about two weeks from the interview date. My gpa is 3.77 PCAT 70 percentile. I hope good news come your way soon :)

3.71GPA 77 PCAT Interviewed 12/8 I'm beginning to feel a little concerned...

I have a 3.95 and 84th percentile on the PCAT. I interviewed on the January 10th and found out on 24th. I have friends with GPAs around 3.5 and PCAT scores around the 70th percentile that got in as well. Good luck!

Congratulations to all that got accepted. I have a question for you guys. What school did you go to for undergrad?

i have information for those still waiting for their acceptances. The Committee is meeting this monday the 30th. So you should get an email Tuesday the 31st regarding your acceptances. Good luck to all! i hope you get the relief that i got sooner than later.

i have information for those still waiting for their acceptances. The Committee is meeting this monday the 30th. So you should get an email Tuesday the 31st regarding your acceptances. Good luck to all! i hope you get the relief that i got sooner than later.

Thanks for the info because I am checking my e-mail every 2 minutes!

Do any of you guys know when fall classes start? I've been searching on their website and can't seem to find that information. Also, any idea when that background check should be submitted by?

last years P1 class started a week prior to wayne state undergrad start date. I asked about the background check and the lady i talked to, said that it should be no later than April.

last years P1 class started a week prior to wayne state undergrad start date. I asked about the background check and the lady i talked to, said that it should be no later than April.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

So have all of you decided on attending Wayne next year? It was the only school I applied to so I am definitely going to send in my deposit once I get the letter in the mail.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

So have all of you decided on attending Wayne next year? It was the only school I applied to so I am definitely going to send in my deposit once I get the letter in the mail.
I already gave it to them! i feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders :) phew

Hey I was just wondering who you heard this from?? I haven't heard back yet and I'm starting to get a little worried. Has anyone else heard back??

Hey I was just wondering who you heard this from?? I haven't heard back yet and I'm starting to get a little worried. Has anyone else heard back??

I haven't either and I interviewed the 20th. There are also more interviews today that may be slowing the process.

I haven't either and I interviewed the 20th. There are also more interviews today that may be slowing the process.

Ya I figured that they might not get back to us today because the interview but I'm still kind of freaking out loll :/

alright lets clear things up here. I know for a fact that the committee met yesterday (monday). The lady i talked on the phone to told me so and i was at the school yesterday and they had a meeting. I dont know why or when they ll be sending you emails but you should know that you will receive an email saying one of the following: Accepted, Denied, or Deferred. Deferred means that they ll let you know once they interview everyone else. I m sorry you didnt hear anything today. I had to wait exactly two weeks, so maybe this friday you ll all get your answers. again sorry for any confusion

alright lets clear things up here. I know for a fact that the committee met yesterday (monday). The lady i talked on the phone to told me so and i was at the school yesterday and they had a meeting. I dont know why or when they ll be sending you emails but you should know that you will receive an email saying one of the following: Accepted, Denied, or Deferred. Deferred means that they ll let you know once they interview everyone else. I m sorry you didnt hear anything today. I had to wait exactly two weeks, so maybe this friday you ll all get your answers. again sorry for any confusion

Oh ok cool!! I hope they send out the emails soon! thanks for the information :)

Any luck? I know of someone who interviewed the 26th who got in today. No luck here.
I know 3 people who got their acceptance today and they had their interviews on the 26th.
I had mine on the 20th and didnt hear anything yet.
anyone interviewed on the 20th got accepted?

For all you guys that got accepted, which schools did you go to for your undergrad?

I had my interview on the 26th and still didn't hear anything. I'll let you guys know when I do.

I interviewed the 20th and I didn't hear back from them either :( I heard one person so far from the 20th got in last tues

I also interviewed on the 20th. Haven't heard anything yet. My friend from the 26th got accepted today.

I interviewed on the 10th and still haven't heard anything.

For those of you who interviewed on the 26th and got accepted today, what two dates were you originally offered? (either the 20th and 26th OR the 26th and the 31st)

Last edited:
For those of you waiting to hear back, why don't you give Wayne State a call tomorrow to see when you should expect to hear back? I planned to give them a call exactly 2 weeks after my interview but thankfully I ended up getting an e-mail that exact day.

Best of luck!

My friend who got in got offered the 20th/26th but the 20th was full already. I don't really think it matters what day you go. It sounds like there is a tier system. Maybe they're accepting the stronger applicants first then waiting for them to confirm before they contact the next batch. I thought everyone would at least hear where they stand whether accepted/deferred/denied a week or two after the interviews,but I guess not. I also heard that everyone will know sometime around March but don't quote me on that.

My friend who got in got offered the 20th/26th but the 20th was full already. I don't really think it matters what day you go. It sounds like there is a tier system. Maybe they're accepting the stronger applicants first then waiting for them to confirm before they contact the next batch. I thought everyone would at least hear where they stand whether accepted/deferred/denied a week or two after the interviews,but I guess not. I also heard that everyone will know sometime around March but don't quote me on that.

Ya I think so too I think once they have interviewed and accepted all their top candidates they will start accepting the others but it's just annoying because no on really gave us a time period to hear back. I heard it can go up to april :/