2016 Wayne State Pharmacy Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heroicvagabond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else apply to WSU?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, I just sent in my application yesterday, the only school I applied to. Hoping to get one of the December interviews.

I'm hoping to get in the December interview as well! Waiting is excruciating. Where did you go for undergrad? I'm in my senior year at WMU and applied to WSU, Ferris, and Butler. Why did you apply to just WSU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there as well. Sent my application August 22nd

Good luck guys! Hopefully we all can be classmates next year if WSU is your first choice! :)

I'm hoping to get in the December interview as well! Waiting is excruciating. Where did you go for undergrad? I'm in my senior year at WMU and applied to WSU, Ferris, and Butler. Why did you apply to just WSU?

I went to Wayne State for undergrad and only applied there because I took A&P at a community college and it only transfers to wayne. I don't want to retake it and honestly, wayne is the only school I would go to because I really don't want to leave my house. I got a 3.95 GPA an 84 on my PCAT so I am made this decision with the assumption that I will likely get into Wayne.

I went to Wayne State for undergrad and only applied there because I took A&P at a community college and it only transfers to wayne. I don't want to retake it and honestly, wayne is the only school I would go to because I really don't want to leave my house. I got a 3.95 GPA an 84 on my PCAT so I am made this decision with the assumption that I will likely get into Wayne.

That is very cool! Good luck with admissions. I have a 3.82 GPA with an 82 composite... hope we both get in!

So when I asked an admissions adviser when we should expect to hear back about interviews, he said we should find out around December and then interview in January. Have you guys heard anything different?

So when I asked an admissions adviser when we should expect to hear back about interviews, he said we should find out around December and then interview in January. Have you guys heard anything different?

I heard the same thing but getting a interview during late december/january is difficult and is only given to the top candidates otherwise you can receive a interview much later.

I heard the same thing but getting a interview during late december/january is difficult and is only given to the top candidates otherwise you can receive a interview much later.

Good to know, I'm dying here waiting for a reply because other schools have already begun their interview process

:D Just offered an interview on December 8th :) yay! Anyone else going on that day?

How did you guys receive the interview invitation, was it through email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a invite. I have a 3.91 and 84 composite. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my PharmCAS didn't get sent to Wayne until just last week. Out of curiosity, when did your PharmCAS app officially get received by Wayne?

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get a invite. I have a 3.91 and 84 composite. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my PharmCAS didn't get sent to Wayne until just last week. Out of curiosity, when did your PharmCAS app officially get received by Wayne?

If you just sent it in last week, I wouldn't fret. Mine has been sent in over a 2 months now. It takes them a while to review the app so be patient

If you just sent it in last week, I wouldn't fret. Mine has been sent in over a 2 months now. It takes them a while to review the app so be patient

I hope you are right. I am just a little anxious and was really set on getting a early interview date and getting accepted early. I only applied to Wayne and waiting until March or April to know if I got accepted would be extremely scary. Hopefully, they are still sending interview invitations for December and they are getting to my application.

How did you guys find out about your interviews? Through e-mail, pharmCAS, ect?

Are you guys checking in on your pharmCAS apps these days? I figure anything importaant that happens on there will be emailed to us?

How did you guys find out about your interviews? Through e-mail, pharmCAS, ect?

Are you guys checking in on your pharmCAS apps these days? I figure anything importaant that happens on there will be emailed to us?

I received the invite through my email.You should keep checking the primary email address that you provided on your pharmCAS app.Good luck :)

Mine is on the 8th, everyone I talked to who interviewed last year really liked it. So I am excited!
Is the 8th the first interview day?

Mine is on the 8th, everyone I talked to who interviewed last year really liked it. So I am excited!
Is the 8th the first interview day?

I believe it is! Mine is on that day too! Very excited but nervous at the same time

Just got a invitation for a interview on either January 10th or 20th. So excited, but they want me to send a current resume before the interview. Anybody know the structure, what to include and how to set up this resume?

I received an interview invitation today, too, but I withdrew my application.

Ill be there on Jan 10th sooo excited.:)

Congratulations on your interviews! I hope everything goes well :)
I'm still waiting for pharmcas to calculate my GPA. I was wondering if you guys would mind posting your stats, my stats aren't too great but i want to know what my chances are lol

Do you guys know how the interview day is set up? Is it tour, essay, then interview?

I'm posting this in Ferris thread as well, but I just wanted to know what your pros and cons for FERRIS vs WAYNE STATE are, since I'll most likely be choosing between the two. I've heard rumors about both and wanted to know if you have any to share as well.

I like the idea of living in Detroit as opposed to Big Rapids but I'm also interested in the MBA/PharmD at Ferris. so any opinion is greatly appreciate!

Just got my acceptance call from Wayne! :D :thumbup:

Who else?

Interesting, last year i interviewed the same time, December 9th and i got my "email" acceptance the next Thursday. I thought they didn't do phone calls because of the difficult reaching the people but must have changed this year.

I'm posting this in Ferris thread as well, but I just wanted to know what your pros and cons for FERRIS vs WAYNE STATE are, since I'll most likely be choosing between the two. I've heard rumors about both and wanted to know if you have any to share as well.

I like the idea of living in Detroit as opposed to Big Rapids but I'm also interested in the MBA/PharmD at Ferris. so any opinion is greatly appreciate!

If i am not mistaken Wayne State is in the process of starting a MBA/PharmD in association with Rite Aid, and also have a 6 year PharmD/PhD if anyone is into that boring stuff.

If i am not mistaken Wayne State is in the process of starting a MBA/PharmD in association with Rite Aid, and also have a 6 year PharmD/PhD if anyone is into that boring stuff.

Where did you get this information, I can't find anything on it

Where did you get this information, I can't find anything on it

I was informed from one of the professors that was involved with this program. It is a 2 year pharmacy marketing and management residency at Rite Aid and you get a MBA upon completion.

I was informed from one of the professors that was involved with this program. It is a 2 year pharmacy marketing and management residency at Rite Aid and you get a MBA upon completion.

Do you have any further info or a contact I can talk to them about?

For those of you who have already completed your interviews, would you mind sharing your experiences and elaborate on how the interview was set-up? Thank you in advance and congratulations on those who have already been accepted, you have no idea how much I envy you right now.

For those of you who have already completed your interviews, would you mind sharing your experiences and elaborate on how the interview was set-up? Thank you in advance and congratulations on those who have already been accepted, you have no idea how much I envy you right now.

Just got accepted. The interview was very relaxed, with two faculties involved. The questions were generic of what you'd be ask at any interview, and they pull stuff from your statement. The feel of the place was very city-like. And the essay was on a computer. I am still making my decision on whether or not to commit. Good luck!

the interview process was very relaxed... we got there and sat in a room with all the other interviewees for ~45 minutes just asking questions about the program and talking to current students while each interviewee checked their prereqs with an advisor.

then we went to the interview process-wrote an essay; interviewed with two faculty members - for me it was more of a discussion, they didn't ask that many questions. just told them about myself and they told me about themselves; went for a tour of the building and at the very end of the process went to listen to a student talk about the curriculum and then we were free to go. it was very stress free.

To everyone who was accepted, do you mind sharing what days your interviews were?

To everyone who was accepted, do you mind sharing what days your interviews were?

I interviewed on Thursday 12/8 and got my acceptance this past Wednesday. That's the only interview date they've had so far.

Last edited:
ah. i interviewed that day as well ( afternoon session) so now I'm freaking out because I still haven't heard anything. Are they continuing the interview process throughout Christmas break, or are they just resuming in January?

ah. i interviewed that day as well ( afternoon session) so now I'm freaking out because I still haven't heard anything. Are they continuing the interview process throughout Christmas break, or are they just resuming in January?

Their next interview is in January. I interviewed in the morning btw so I don't know if that makes a difference. I'm sure your chances are still great since we had such an early interview.

Last edited:
ohh, well that makes me feel a little bit better. lol Congrats btw!

For those of you who have already completed the interview and whose interviews are on January, I was wondering how you set up the resume that you are supposed to send them one week prior to the interview date. I have been having trouble getting it started and was hoping for some suggestions and tips. Thank you in advance and good luck everyone :)

How is everyone's interview prepping coming along? January 10th is a big day for a lot of us. Best of luck to everyone!

^ Btw I hope you were able to get help with the resume since I think there were different options and ways to format it. I chose to go in a chronological order and list all of my leadership and extracurricular activities in that manner.

For all those who interviewed yesterday good luck to all hopefully we will all meet again in the Fall of 2012.

Last edited:
Thanks! I loved the students and faculty there and how they made us feel so comfortable. I just hope I hear back from them soon. Is there anyone who interviewed in December that hasn't heard back? From what I saw, quite a few people heard back within a week about their acceptance.

I interviewed on 12/8 in the afternoon session and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.