2016 PHAP (Public Health Associate Program) application - General discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope we hear next week....the wait is killing me, I just want to know. I looked at previous year threads and it looks like it was sent in rounds throughout April because some heard later than others.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you all know for the second round if we will hear back if we did not get an interview? Or is it just if we don't hear back we can assume we were rejected?

I read somewhere in this thread or a previous one that they don't send rejection emails, so I guess the deal is that we potentially could have to wait the entire month of April to get confirmation of progression but after April and no word, it's assumed you didn't get through.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope we hear next week....the wait is killing me, I just want to know. I looked at previous year threads and it looks like it was sent in rounds throughout April because some heard later than others.
I know, me too, the wait is killing me. I still check my email constantly!

I read somewhere in this thread or a previous one that they don't send rejection emails, so I guess the deal is that we potentially could have to wait the entire month of April to get confirmation of progression but after April and no word, it's assumed you didn't get through.
Last years group heard around this time if they were selected for an interview. I know people who had an interview but then never heard anything after that. Last year they did not send rejection emails.

The 2015 class had 65% coming from their bachelor's program and 35% coming from an advanced degree, including a few PhDs (believe it or not).

How long did you have to wait to hear back for an interview. Or did you find that your class got responses throughout the month?

Not sure how they'll be extending interview offers this year. I'd recommend being able to articulate "why public health" and being prepared to answer situational professionalism questions. There's some solid advice back on the 2014 and 2015 threads that you can find pretty easily.
Do you remember how long you waited to hear back for an interview?!

Do you remember how long you waited to hear back for an interview?!
I applied when the cycle had different timing and I honestly don't. Your best bet is to look at the thread from last year and see when people started posting about interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard back on April 3rd last year for my interview. But this week the 2014 PHAPs are attending a conference in Atlanta so PHAP Advisors may be busy.

Received an email this morning for the interview! Just waiting on the follow up email so I can select my time.

Reactions: 1 users
Yay!! Made my day here at work so much better LOL!

Reactions: 1 user
Will they all be sent out today, or in waves?

Got an e-mail this morning that I'll be moving on for an interview! So excited!

I got my interview invite as well! I had a small outburst in class, and got tons of awkward looks.

Just got an email regarding an interview!!

I just signed up for my interview as well!

I received any email to say i got selected for an interview but I am yet to get the follow up email to schedule my interview

My application still says "being reviewed" will they send out anymore interview invites within the next couple of days? Or if you don't hear anything, is it safe guess that you weren't chosen to move on?

Received my email and scheduled my interview!!! Hang in there guys...the finish line is near. Good luck to all that advanced!

I received any email to say i got selected for an interview but I am yet to get the follow up email to schedule my interview

Mine came about three hours after my first email. Check your junk mail if you haven't because mine went there! It says we have to schedule by Thursday afternoon, so if you don't get yours by the end of the work day today I'd call/email them to let them know you haven't gotten yours

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invitation!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine came about three hours after my first email. Check your junk mail if you haven't because mine went there! It says we have to schedule by Thursday afternoon, so if you don't get yours by the end of the work day today I'd call/email them to let them know you haven't gotten yours

Thank you, I already emailed them and they said someone will get back to me in 24hours. If I do not hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, I will call them

Hi there does anyone know if the interview emails come out in waves ? I haven't gotten mine yet. Last year were all emails sent out on the same day ?

Last edited:
Hi there does anyone know if the interview emails come out in waves ? I haven't gotten mine yet. Last year were all emails sent out on the same day ?
They called us when we did our interviews so they came across a couple days. I don't know if they'll email more out later this week or not.

They called us when we did our interviews so they came across a couple days. I don't know if they'll email more out later this week or not.
Thanks for the reply jsquared91 . I'm not going to give up hope . I was reading through the posts from last year and it seems that emails were sent on multiple days, so if mine doesn't come today it might come tomorrow. Has anyone else not gotten an interview email yet ?

Thanks for the reply jsquared91 . I'm not going to give up hope . I was reading through the posts from last year and it seems that emails were sent on multiple days, so if mine doesn't come today it might come tomorrow. Has anyone else not gotten an interview email yet ?
I did it came two hours after the initial email...Hang in there!

Yes so I am waiting it out as we speak, I actually sent an email to PHAP to inquire if they are all sent out or not and I will post the results here.

Yes so I am waiting it out as we speak, I actually sent an email to PHAP to inquire if they are all sent out or not and I will post the results here.
HI Age0001. At least I'm not alone. Please do reply and let me know what they said when you hear back from them. I do feel like they will continue to email throughout the week. We 'll know soon :)

HI Age0001. At least I'm not alone. Please do reply and let me know what they said when you hear back from them. I do feel like they will continue to email throughout the week. We 'll know soon :)
I would check the status of your application again, that will let you know if you could still get an email.