2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi @aurevoir0711,

N=1 here (also a non-trad!), but I was complete on Aug 29 last year and was successful. Best of luck with your MCAT and the upcoming cycle! :)

I did not apply in the last cycle, but St. Louis is one of my highest priority school in my list for the upcoming cycle, even though St. Louis would be a reach school for me.

I know that St. Louis gets a ton of well qualified applicants who apply early every year. The problem I am facing is that I am a non-trad applicant and my original plan was to take the MCAT in May 19 (score released June 20). However, the more I study, the less confident I feel about the MCAT, so I am thinking about postponing it to at least June 1 (score released July 6) or even June 19 (score released July 18). I am trying my best to stick to May 19th schedule, but with school final coming up along with hospital work, postponing may be needed. Would I be too late for applying to St. Louis if my score is sent on 7/18 and my application is complete past mid-July? What are the chances of getting an interview from St. Louis when your app is complete in July? (My primary should be complete by no later than 6/25, but verification may take some time). I would love some insight from last year's applicants. Thank you so much in advance.

Anybody know if the multiple acceptance list has gone out to schools yet, and if not, when that may be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know if the multiple acceptance list has gone out to schools yet, and if not, when that may be?

I believe in the past it has been released to schools that you have acceptances from in February.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what housing costs per year for a 1bd 1 bath?

Did anyone who interviewed in december remember dean ratts telling us that we'd hear back by mid-april?

Did anyone who interviewed in december remember dean ratts telling us that we'd hear back by mid-april?

Yes everyone will know definitively by mid april. I called the admissions office and asked for their timeline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed mid-Feb heard back yet?
Early Feb here. Nothing yet. I thought I saw somebody mention they got in form February a couple weeks back, though I could be remembering wrong.

Is it safe to assume that merit scholarships have been given out - and if we haven't heard by now we won't be receiving one?

Is it safe to assume that merit scholarships have been given out - and if we haven't heard by now we won't be receiving one?
There hasn't been any talk of it here. So I'm not sure it's safe to say that.

They give out what like a dozen giant merit packages? Wonder what the odds are of 0/12 being active on SDN

Depends on how they split them up - impression I got was that they have discretion over whether it's X full rides or Y 50% tuition or whatever.

Your point still holds though.

For a fact, at least one full tuition scholarship was offered in April last year, so I don't think it's necessarily accurate to assume that they have all been given out.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I wrote down in my notes during the financial aid session that there were about 20 full tuition scholarships (not including MSTP). I say no way none of them post on here.

(I could have been mistaken on that number though)

I wrote down in my notes during the financial aid session that there were about 20 full tuition scholarships (not including MSTP). I say no way none of them post on here.

(I could have been mistaken on that number though)

I can confirm that - fin aid office told me it's 23 full tuition that can be broken down into partials.

I can confirm that - fin aid office told me it's 23 full tuition that can be broken down into partials.

That's right, but the number of scholarships available to everyone is smaller because some of them are specific (e.g, women only etc)

That's right, but the number of scholarships available to everyone is smaller because some of them are specific (e.g, women only etc)

Are you talking about the Olin? If so I don't think that's included in the 23.

I gotta say the fin aid seems pretty awesome here. Between those 23 and the MTSP kids a lot of people get serious $$. Plus the way they cap loans for need based aid and give grants for the rest is awesome

I was also told that the Olin wasn't being offered this year.

Wuuuut? Like not offered to med students/only to grad students or not at all? Seems weird since at my interview we were heavily encouraged to apply

I think it is offered, I remember some people in the earlier pages posting about applying and (unfortunately) not getting it :(

Wuuuut? Like not offered to med students/only to grad students or not at all? Seems weird since at my interview we were heavily encouraged to apply

I think it is offered, I remember some people in the earlier pages posting about applying and (unfortunately) not getting it :(

At my interview day, during the fin aid session, the person specifically mentioned that they were not offering it this year.

Maybe she meant that the recipients had already been chosen, though, or applications were closed.

Maybe she meant that the recipients had already been chosen, though, or applications were closed.

Okay, just googled and it looks like the deadline for applying was end of Jan. Since I interviewed in Feb, that's probably what she meant.

Annoying :(

Okay, just googled and it looks like the deadline for applying was end of Jan. Since I interviewed in Feb, that's probably what she meant.

Annoying :(

Bummer :( but neither I nor anyone here appears to have gotten it so we're all in good company!

Bummer :( but neither I nor anyone here appears to have gotten it so we're all in good company!

Haha it's okay, I went into this expecting to spend all the $$. Anything else would be a highly pleasant (unlikely) surprise.

any idea on when the rest of us will hear back (interviewed late october)

any idea on when the rest of us will hear back (interviewed late october)
Historically, the last direct admits have been given right about now, and there is a massive waitlist email going out in ~2 weeks. The good news is that WashU has a lot of waitlist motion!

I know Zyzz is watching over me, urging Dean Ratts to send me dat dere acceptance...
hypothetically, dean ratts steals all of zyzz's tren and takes up muay thai for a month, while zyzz parties in ibiza. Who would win in a fight?

hypothetically, dean ratts steals all of zyzz's tren and takes up muay thai for a month, while zyzz parties in ibiza. Who would win in a fight?
Jason Genova comes in and upper body blows them both away srs

I feel like there's English in there somewhere...

Reactions: 7 users
flapjacko wins with his pissening physique

Reactions: 1 users
Jason Genova comes in and upper body blows them both away srs
Because if You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

I feel like this thread has gone in a very weird direction in the last 24 hours or so.

Reactions: 2 users
Because if You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

good **** go౦ԁ **** thats ✔ some good**** rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good ****

Reactions: 3 users
needs more
ed809915a6d32efa24eef16876aa1c89.png

Reactions: 1 users
This is kind of late to be asking this but I was wondering if Wash U is completely Pass/Fail for the first 2 years.

They actually just made the second year Pass/Fail for 2016-2017. Now the only top school without full P/F preclinicals is Penn (they still have H/P/F for 2nd year)

accepted via phone call last night, no acceptance letter or portal change though

Reactions: 10 users