2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete on 7/30 but I don't see anything about my application being modified. Where is this modification listed for other people?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on 7/30 but I don't see anything about my application being modified. Where is this modification listed for other people?
Click the apply online tab that is located towards the top right once you log onto the portal

Everyone is modified almost every 4-5 days. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread. No trend has been found really, so I would advise not to read into it too much!

Everyone is modified almost every 4-5 days. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread. No trend has been found really, so I would advise not to read into it too much!
My psychic and Dr. Oz told me otherwise...

I don't know what to believe anymore

Reactions: 1 user
II at 9:02 this morning! Apparently their admissions staff likes to start the day off right! :D OOS, LizzyM ~73, complete 6/30.

For everybody who is trying to decipher what the modified dates on the portal mean, mine still says it was modified on 8/23, so I would probably not read into those dates too much.

Also if anybody's wondering, the interview dates they offered are all over the next two weeks! So mid-September still. There's sure to be many, many more II's coming to you all very soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
+1 Modified yesterday as well. Not sure it means too much.

II at 9:02 this morning! Apparently their admissions staff likes to start the day off right! :D OOS, LizzyM ~73, complete 6/30.

For everybody who is trying to decipher what the modified dates on the portal mean, mine still says it was modified on 8/23, so I would probably not read into those dates too much.

Also if anybody's wondering, the interview dates they offered are all over the next two weeks! So mid-September still. There's sure to be many, many more II's coming to you all very soon!

Congrats!!! Can I ask what campus you picked as your top choice??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are II sent out via email or will your status changed online ?

Congrats!!! Can I ask what campus you picked as your top choice??

I picked the standard Temple U Health System. I didn't even write more than a couple of sentences because it was so straightforward.

Are II sent out via email or will your status changed online ?

Email. That portal for the secondary never changed at all and is basically not worth looking at after you're complete. When they granted the II, they emailed me a link to make another account on a whole separate TU portal for interview scheduling.

Reactions: 3 users
I picked the standard Temple U Health System. I didn't even write more than a couple of sentences because it was so straightforward.

Email. That portal for the secondary never changed at all and is basically not worth looking at after you're complete. When they granted the II, they emailed me a link to make another account on a whole separate TU portal for interview scheduling.

Okay thanks ! And lastly are you a IS or OOS? congrats by the way and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II today! Lm 73, IS, completed late July. The only date options they gave me were in the next two weeks so now I have to scramble to get everything together, but I guess it's the good kind of scrambling.

So my "Modified Date" Changed from 8/15 11:00ish AM, to 9/9 4:17 AM. So now I'm really starting to think it doesn't mean much. Can't imagine an actual ADCOM member actually working those hours -_-.

So my "Modified Date" Changed from 8/15 11:00ish AM, to 9/9 4:17 AM. So now I'm really starting to think it doesn't mean much. Can't imagine an actual ADCOM member actually working those hours -_-.
I can. Maybe they're working a late shift and it was slow.

Were anyone else's essays reformatted to one large paragraph after submitting the secondary? When I typed my essays out, I had them spaced out as separate paragraphs, but after submitting I viewed my application and saw that everything is one paragraph... Kinda annoying. Anyone have this problem too? I didn't even copy and paste or anything. I typed my essays directly into the text boxes word for word.
+1

Does anybody know if Temple provides student-housing for interviews? I do not see any information regarding accommodations and if I need to book a hotel would like to do so asap

What days of the week did they offer you guys for interviews?

did anyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling the interview? or do they not send confirmations?

Does anybody know what the "three activities in the Clinical Skills Facility" on interview day are all about?

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling the interview? or do they not send confirmations?
Oops wait I'm so sorry I misread your message, I thought you were asking about not receiving an email after submitting a secondary, not about scheduling an interview! Sorry!!

Does Temple offer accommodations with medical student hosts when you interview? I can't find any information about it on their website?

My application was last modified on 9/6 and from other people it seems like theirs was being modified more often. Does anyone think this could be bad??

My application was last modified on 9/6 and from other people it seems like theirs was being modified more often. Does anyone think this could be bad??

My app was complete 7.13, and it was last modified on 8/15......so yes, I am pretty sure my file got pushed to the side....bye bye Temple

Last edited:
Complete on 7/14, previously modified on 8/15, but now today it changed to modified on 9/21 at 3:42 AM. Really not reading into this any, but it will be interesting to see what happens!

My app was complete 7.13, and it was last modified on 8/15......so yes, I am pretty sure my file got pushed to the side....bye bye Temple
+1 - wasn't modified a second time.... hope that doesn't mean anything bad...

don't think the date modified has any predictive value whatsoever

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing here this Wednesday? I'll be seeing you around!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Hi! Do you have any feedback regarding the interview day, specifically the clinical skills part?
Interviewing here soon! Hope yours went well :)

Hi! Do you have any feedback regarding the interview day, specifically the clinical skills part?
Interviewing here soon! Hope yours went well :)

Yup! Just my 2 cents:

The whole day is super chill. Make sure you eat breakfast cause we didn't get food and the lunch was late around 1. You have two interviews, an open file with faculty and another additional closed file one. Both are just conversations about yourself and relaxed. Don't stress about it. They only last for 30 min each. There is also a 30 min sim where you have 3 stations. The first you type up an answer to an open ended question on a computer (7 min). The other two are 5 min conversations with actors that are pretending to have an ailment. This is recorded and basically just to make sure you have interpersonal skills. You don't need any medical knowledge for it so don't worry. You are not diagnosing anything just collecting information and talking to them. 5 min seems like a lot but it's very manageable.

The tour is with 4 m2s and super chill. You walk around and they tell you about the curriculum and what they like about the school. You can ask a lot of questions and the whole vibe of the school is friendly and laid back.

I really enjoyed the whole day and am seriously considering temple now after the experience. Seems like a great school and a great city.

Reactions: 5 users
Yup! Just my 2 cents:

The whole day is super chill. Make sure you eat breakfast cause we didn't get food and the lunch was late around 1. You have two interviews, an open file with faculty and another additional closed file one. Both are just conversations about yourself and relaxed. Don't stress about it. They only last for 30 min each. There is also a 30 min sim where you have 3 stations. The first you type up an answer to an open ended question on a computer (7 min). The other two are 5 min conversations with actors that are pretending to have an ailment. This is recorded and basically just to make sure you have interpersonal skills. You don't need any medical knowledge for it so don't worry. You are not diagnosing anything just collecting information and talking to them. 5 min seems like a lot but it's very manageable.

The tour is with 4 m2s and super chill. You walk around and they tell you about the curriculum and what they like about the school. You can ask a lot of questions and the whole vibe of the school is friendly and laid back.

I really enjoyed the whole day and am seriously considering temple now after the experience. Seems like a great school and a great city.

Sounds great! Thanks for the feedback

Yup! Just my 2 cents:

thank you for sharing!

II!!!!!!!!

Complete 1st week of July.

Reactions: 10 users