2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was verified on 6/30 & received a secondary like two days later. Did you check your spam folder/did you provide the correct email address on your AMCAS app?

If you've done both of those and still can't find your secondary, I would contact the Admissions Office.

Yeah nothing in spam, and I've received secondaries from every other school so my email must be right. I guess I will contact them :/

Members don't see this ad.

"We welcome letters from research experiences, but they will not fulfill our science letter requirement."

I also took a course with my research professor so this could fulfill one of the science LORs, right?

Did you ever get an answer for this? Am wondering because I got school credit for my research...

Did you ever get an answer for this? Am wondering because I got school credit for my research...

I took a class with the same professor, so they said this was ok. You should give them a call, because technically your professor is still on your transcript

Members don't see this ad :)
Me! Verified 7/22, still no secondary over a week later. Your case is even more shocking than mine–verified in June, and you still don't have it? We should probably contact them.

Internally cringing because 5 minutes after I emailed them my mailbox decided to show the "virus junk email" from a few hours ago AKA my secondary app

Internally cringing because 5 minutes after I emailed them my mailbox decided to show the "virus junk email" from a few hours ago AKA my secondary app
Yeah I keep checking my spam inbox ever since WashU's secondary went there, but it's not showing up.

Has anyone not received the secondary? Primary verified 6/27
I was just verified yesterday and I have not received a secondary from this school although most of the other schools sent them.

Do they screen?

I was just verified yesterday and I have not received a secondary from this school although most of the other schools sent them.

Do they screen?
I don't think they screen, but I haven't received a secondary over a week later. I emailed them and they said they were going to look into it, maybe it was a widespread technical error of some sort.

Do they screen?
Give it a couple more days. I did receive my secondary from Temple the day after I was verified but maybe they are behind. No they do not screen.

I got it today. Having a hard time with questions 1 and 3. and making then not the same answer. ggggrrrrrrr

Anyone know if the character limit is with or without spaces? There is no character counter so it is difficult to tell

Anyone know if the character limit is with or without spaces? There is no character counter so it is difficult to tell
With spaces. Google a character counter and paste in your essay. Correct me if I am wrong, but "character count" includes spaces, while "letter count" does not.

Reactions: 1 users
With spaces. Google a character counter and paste in your essay. Correct me if I am wrong, but "character count" includes spaces, while "letter count" does not.

Not really, it can be both with or without. Some schools do it with spaces some do it without and they still call it character count. Word counts characters and it gives you a count for both with and without spaces.
What I meant was when u type things into the secondary there is no counter there to tell you how many characters you have entered, something that most other schools have so I can't really know if they count with or without spaces unless I paste text which is exactly 2000 characters long and then see if the page tells me if I am over the allowed or not.

For those who haven't received the secondary yet: my secondary went to an alternate email address that I listed as my permanent email address. It did not go to the email I listed as my preferred email address...even though all my other schools went to the correct email.

I submitted my primary 6/7, received the secondary on 6/29 to my permanent (not preferred email), but didn't realize I had it until I scanned through my email on 7/5.

Members don't see this ad :)
I included my SAT score but I was unable to find screenshots... Is this ok? It said optional so I'm assuming so?

Secondary submitted today. Praying so hard. :love:

I included my SAT score but I was unable to find screenshots... Is this ok? It said optional so I'm assuming so?
Yeah totally fine. I did the same. Actually, I just did not include screenshots haha (I was able to open my CollegeBoard account)

Can any current students or more informed applicants shed light on research at Temple? Can it be done as a med student? Is it encouraged and cultivated or more of a side interest for the school? Interested in Temple, but not sure they're as research focused

Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to know more about research too. Especially the one in the psychiatric department.

Does anyone know if Temple has a way to add additional information to my application? I recently accepted an off as a Research Assistant and want to try and get it added.

Is there a way to check our application status?

Does anyone know if Temple has a way to add additional information to my application? I recently accepted an off as a Research Assistant and want to try and get it added.
Yes. Go to Submit Supplemental Items (#4) and enter under miscellaneous items

For people who have completed their application....Can you please do this?

1. Sign into your secondary portal.
2. Click on "Apply Online" (Upper right, next to "Log out" and "My Account")
3. What does it say under "Status"? Mine says "Completed"
4. What does it say under "Modified On"?

Mine says "08/15/2016", even though I completed my secondary loooong ago. Also that Modified date keeps changing... before it said 07/26/2016 and then it changed to 08/15/2016.... So something is definitely changing in the background.

Reactions: 1 users

Mine says "08/15/2016", even though I completed my secondary loooong ago. Also that Modified date keeps changing... before it said 07/26/2016 and then it changed to 08/15/2016.... So something is definitely changing in the background.

Just checked. Mine also says "Completed" (i submitted 7/11) and also says modified 8/15 @ 11:15 AM... Weird...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just checked. Mine also says "Completed" (i submitted 7/11) and also says modified 8/15 @ 11:15 AM... Weird...

Mine says 5:51 PM hopefully those will turn into II in the coming days!!!

J

Just checked and mine says modified 8/15 at 12:28 pm! Maybe a good thing?!

Mine also says modified 8/15 at 5:45 pm! I'm really hoping this is a good sign!

Submitted August 1st, and it says modified 8/16 at 12:02 PM!!! Good signs here??

Mine also says modified 8/15. Not reading too much into this though...

I just checked and mine says modified on 08/15 as well. Very interesting.

Maybe Temple will be my first II? I've yet to even receive one. :whistle:

I think it really is best not to read too much into this. I dont want to get too excited only to be disappointed later haha.

If I've learned anything at all with this whole application process, it's that there is almost no way to tell what's a good/bad sign. So good luck to us all !

No IIs for me either. I started looking into the Carribean before I realized it was still August lol
I think it really is best not to read too much into this. I dont want to get too excited only to be disappointed later haha.

If I've learned anything at all with this whole application process, it's that there is almost no way to tell what's a good/bad sign. So good luck to us all !

Dang it I just want an II tho.......someone love me.

Reactions: 3 users
Mine says modified on 7/26.

Interesting... mine said 07/26 initially and then just recently changed to 08/15 :/

Not sure if any of this means anything or not but we shall see...
It could very easily just mean when they last reviewed your application. When did you submit your supplemental app? I submitted way back on 7/1, so I'm not surprised if 7/26 was the last time they looked at my application.

It could very easily just mean when they last reviewed your application. When did you submit your supplemental app? I submitted way back on 7/1, so I'm not surprised if 7/26 was the last time they looked at my application.

I submitted mine around that date also. (Definitely not more than ± 2 days from when you submitted.)

Has anyone submitted an institutional action letter? I "violated dorm quiet hours" with guests freshman year and had to go to the judicial committee...anyways, I had the judicial board send a letter, as per the secondary instructions. On my status page, it shows that I have 3/4 required supplemental items received. And when I click to view items, it lists "institutional action" twice, and only one of those shows that the letter was received. Wondering if anyone else has run into this situation?

Has anyone submitted an institutional action letter? I "violated dorm quiet hours" with guests freshman year and had to go to the judicial committee...anyways, I had the judicial board send a letter, as per the secondary instructions. On my status page, it shows that I have 3/4 required supplemental items received. And when I click to view items, it lists "institutional action" twice, and only one of those shows that the letter was received. Wondering if anyone else has run into this situation?
I had to submit an IA letter. Mine only had one spot under documents received. I would call them first thing in the morning, it seems like an error on their part.

August 15th at 2:10 PM too. Like others mentioned, I do not think I will be reading into it too much. That does not mean I do not hope, but I don't want to be let down.
Dang it I just want an II tho.......someone love me.
With those stats, I bet you will get one SOMEWHERE! If not, in your home state. Keep your hopes up bud!
EDIT: just like your username says!! haha

August 15th at 2:10 PM too. Like others mentioned, I do not think I will be reading into it too much. That does not mean I do not hope, but I don't want to be let down.

With those stats, I bet you will get one SOMEWHERE! If not, in your home state. Keep your hopes up bud!
EDIT: just like your username says!! haha
Haha thanks man. I think my 124 in CARS is the low point of my application.

Haha thanks man. I think my 124 in CARS is the low point of my application.
Well, you really covered that up well with the other sections, so I doubt it can be too big of an issue! God darn that CARS. My lowest section too, but I have a more balanced score (lower than yours). Got a II. So keep your hopes up. I know it is hard and I was just as frustrated as you literally just a week ago, but your time will come.

Well, you really covered that up well with the other sections, so I doubt it can be too big of an issue! God darn that CARS. My lowest section too, but I have a more balanced score (lower than yours). Got a II. So keep your hopes up. I know it is hard and I was just as frustrated as you literally just a week ago, but your time will come.
:) To build off of your username: yellow Lamborghini?

I remember replying to one of your posts a few weeks ago when you were waiting for your first II. It was on a different thread, but just wanted to say CONGRATS!!