2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, is there a confirmation email sent once you submit your secondary?
I only got a complete email.

Members don't see this ad.

II!! Really didn't think I had a chance here. LitzyM 73. Complete 8/2

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm freaking out about this interview at NYU. It is a reach school for me for sure and I did a mock interview yesterday and completely blew it lol. How does everyone keep their nerves down?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

(Deleted, wrong thread)

Last edited:
II about an hour ago via email, applied mid-Aug, LizzyM ~ 73, never thought i had a chance so beyond stoked!

II! Complete 8/11, LizzyM 77. Several dates in October and one in November for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete the day after I submitted the secondary, but my letters, etc had already been received

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Did you get an email stating that your application was complete?

Did you get an email stating that your application was complete?
Yes. And please change your pic to keep your anonymity

This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.

Thank you,

Admissions Office

NYU School of Medicine

Yes. And please change your pic to keep your anonymity

This will inform you that we have received all forms and credentials required to complete your application. The Committee on Admissions will notify you as soon as any final action is taken.

Thank you,

Admissions Office

NYU School of Medicine

Thank you!

Should I be concerned if I haven't received an email and the date my application file was complete was on September 26th?

Thank you!

Should I be concerned if I haven't received an email and the date my application file was complete was on September 26th?
I would give them a call. normally it takes a while some schools it takes about 5 weeks

Congrats to everyone who has recently received an II! Could you please share what the earliest available interview dates are?

(Wondering if the majority of interviews are already scheduled). Thanks!

Any last tips for the MMI?

Don't spend time dwelling on the previous door. If you feel like you messed up, don't let it interfere with you ability to do well in the next one.

Have fun! I thought it was interesting and fun, almost like a game. That helped put my mind at ease.

The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!

The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.

I wonder if there is a chance they release earlier like November.

I wonder if there is a chance they release earlier like November.

That would be amazing. But, if I remember correctly, they said that they released all at once. So I doubt they have a full class ready by november. My guess would be early january.

Thought I already posted this, but II! Go to school in Manhattan, so this shouldn't be too bad. OOS LizzyM 70, and complete August (I know those are questions I like to ask, so I thought I'd add those lol). Very excited, but my parents are even more excited that they don't have to pay for a plane ticket :p

That would be amazing. But, if I remember correctly, they said that they released all at once. So I doubt they have a full class ready by november. My guess would be early january.

True, but they have released in November in past years though. I wonder if they tell the applicants this every year and then release early.

Reactions: 1 user
True, but they have released in November in past years though. I wonder if they tell the applicants this every year and then release early.

A current student told me they were told the same thing (that decisions would come out in Jan) last year, so who knows.

II invite! Complete early august lm~78

II several weeks ago. Interviewing in two weeks. First MMI interview. Looking forward to the challenge!!

II several weeks ago. Interviewing in two weeks. First MMI interview. Looking forward to the challenge!!

Congrats!! Were there plenty of interview slots left? / What months are still have available interviews?

These twitter chat emails are driving me nuts!

I don't want to unsubscribe, what if it messes up my II email...

Reactions: 13 users
has NYU sent out any rejections yet ?

has NYU sent out any rejections yet ?
I haven't seen any so far I think a lot of the schools are going slowly this year or maybe it's just how i feel since i am hovering on my mail all the time

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard that Thank-you notes are recommended at NYU. Is this true or just the regular SDN hearsay?

They instruct you to upload one all encompassing thank you via the portal as an update.

I'm interviewing on Monday but have to arrive late and miss the Dean's talk. Can anyone share if I'll miss any important info about the MMI by missing that talk?

I'm interviewing on Monday but have to arrive late and miss the Dean's talk. Can anyone share if I'll miss any important info about the MMI by missing that talk?
None that you can't get online. Don't worry too much about it. We had 2 groups during mine, one that did the tour while the other did the MMI, and so on. You'll be given your order and what not when you arrive.
Don't sweat it =)

Does anyone know if NYU will be sending out more interviews or when the last IIs were? It seems they haven't been sending out much, but that's just based on me lurking this SDN :ninja:

Same here! Just got an II... so humbled! Complete mid September LM 66

Hey can someone who got an II post what the rarlieriest dates are available

Just got an interview as well, complete 8/3 with 76 LizzyM OOS. Earliest dates at Oct 24, and then Nov 1.

Same here! Just got an II... so humbled! Complete mid September LM 66

Not trying to be a dick but honest question here. When something good happens to them, why do people say theyve been humbled?