2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!

STOP. STOP. JUST STOOOOP.

Reactions: 3 users
Haha, I literally logged in to post about that as well. You'd think they would only send that to folks with an II. It's especially painful with apple alerts... In the corner of the screen: [email protected]. And then go to mail, and whomp, whomp, whomp...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah, they even included it as communication in the portal!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't worry @Divine Comedy, I'm sure they'll send us all another Twitter e-mail to keep us up to date o_O /s

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if NYU accepts updates?

Is NYU purely MMI, or does it have some standard interview segments as well?

Is NYU purely MMI, or does it have some standard interview segments as well?
It's around 7 MMI stations with one "double" station that's around 15 minutes long for a standard interview.

Anyone submit around 8/4 and complete yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email about diversity liaisons to be put into contact with LGBT and Black/Latino organizations.

As a straight white guy, is there any point for me responding to the Liaison program?

II today! Complete late July with a Lizzy M ~ 74-77

Anyone interview here yet? How was it?:)

Last edited:
Anyone interview here yet? How was it? Anything you didn't expect? I am interviewing at NYU this week... little nervous about the MMI format, but still overall excited! :)

The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!

The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.

Reactions: 1 users
The interview was really great, the MMI was too fast paced to be stressful. I wad really impressed with a lot about the school and the students all actually seemed mega-chill, which was unexpectedly pleasant. Good luck with your interview!

The one thing I didn't like: they said all decisions came out in one lump, so we're likely gonna be waiting until Decmber-January to hear back.
Oh wow that's so late! Glad your interview went well though. I can't wait!

Ugh nooooooo

Anyone have any idea what the post interview acceptance rate might be?

II today! I honestly did not expect this. I am beside myself

Reactions: 3 users
II today as well. Complete early September. LizzyM 70. I am shaking. Open dates in two days and a bunch in October. I chose October to get ready.

Reactions: 4 users
cGPA-3.64
MCAT-516
URM
Submitted secondary on 7/25
Complete on 9/1
II on 9/12

Wow, that was a fast turnaround! I've been complete since late August but still haven't heard anything:/ Anyways good luck on your interview!

Wow, that was a fast turnaround! I've been complete since late August but still haven't heard anything:/ Anyways good luck on your interview!
Yeah, I was very surprised myself. I didn't expect anything from anywhere until at least October. Yours will come, it's still so early.
And thanks!

Don't worry, I was complete since late July and just heard back today! There's still hope! Speaking of which:
II today, Secondary submitted 7/29, LizzyM 77

The Twitter chat email AGAIN! NYU, please stop giving me a heart attack over this email! :p

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone else still have a red exclamation mark beside complete? I submitted in July, all of my LOR's are in and I just received my MCAT re-take score on Sept 7. Should I call at this point? :/

How was your experience? Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Obviously know your app, etc. but as for the MMI, watch some YouTube videos. Learn how to think critically, and practice a strategy for answering MMI style scenarios. Most of the day felt fairly conversational in my opinion.

Obviously know your app, etc. but as for the MMI, watch some YouTube videos. Learn how to think critically, and practice a strategy for answering MMI style scenarios. Most of the day felt fairly conversational in my opinion.

It seems like with the MMI format you won't get a chance to discuss your app, in what way did you mean "know your app"?

It seems like with the MMI format you won't get a chance to discuss your app, in what way did you mean "know your app"?

There's a traditional interview station, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I am one more Twitter email away from withdrawing my application.

Not really, but COME ON.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else having trouble accessing the portal today?

I'm going to the same link as always ( https://amp.med.nyu.edu/ ) but I'm getting:

This site can’t be reached
amp.med.nyu.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.

Not a big deal, just curious to find out if my computer is being weird, or I'm doing something wrong, or if their site is temporarily down...

Anyone else having trouble accessing the portal today?

I'm going to the same link as always ( https://amp.med.nyu.edu/ ) but I'm getting:

This site can’t be reached
amp.med.nyu.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.

Not a big deal, just curious to find out if my computer is being weird, or I'm doing something wrong, or if their site is temporarily down...
Just tried, and the portal is working for me

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Hey, is there a confirmation email sent once you submit your secondary?

Hey, is there a confirmation email sent once you submit your secondary?

I got an email saying my app was complete, yes. Maybe you haven't yet if your letters aren't in?