2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know the post- II acceptance rate here?/ general acceptance/waitlist/rejection stats. (Complete 10/27 Interview 1/30)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's from the US news report.
Interesting, I checked the MSAR and the Ratio of Matriculants to Interviewees is like 15% I assumed they'd take more than the bare minimum to fill the class (obviously) but I didn't know it was that high. It must be because a lot of guys use them as a safety school

Interesting, I checked the MSAR and the Ratio of Matriculants to Interviewees is like 15% I assumed they'd take more than the bare minimum to fill the class (obviously) but I didn't know it was that high. It must be because a lot of guys use them as a safety school

Savage.

1/9 Interviews probably due for a decision next week or so?

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously I know there is no such thing as a safe bet as far as med school goes, but they have relatively middle of the road matriculant stats, are located near NYC, have no in-state bias, and are well known. As such they get a ridiculous number of apps (like 14k if I remember correctly) Pretty much everyone applies here.

They have to assume that a good amount of those people are gonna go somewhere else given the chance.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an II yesterday. LizzyM 69 Was complete in July so I thought I was out of the game. Excited to check this school out!

Reactions: 4 users
Nope never on hold. I haven't checked the portal in months though and this is the first I have heard from them since my secondary. There are still interview dates left for February when I called.

anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance?
When I've done it, a polite well written email was sufficient. If you would kindly request that they interview YayPudding, that would also be nice :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When I've done it, a polite well written email was sufficient. If you would kindly request that they interview YayPudding, that would also be nice :)
Haha you got it. I know it differs from school to school and I'm having a hard time weeding through the emails for each one.

When you return the terms and condition for acceptance form, should there be a received message on your account. My deposit is showing up, but it says nothing about the form.

When you return the terms and condition for acceptance form, should there be a received message on your account. My deposit is showing up, but it says nothing about the form.
I never got one. I called them and they had received it so I think you should be fine.

If I remember correctly, the portal is of little/no use post acceptance. If you're concerned, a quick polite email or phone call should confirm that everything is fine/received appropriately. Keep in mind that there's a ton of applicants and sometimes things move slowly. The admissions office was always exceptionally helpful and polite when I interacted with them, and they do answer email within a day or two.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted people, did you hear through email/ portal/ snail mail?

hi guys, im a third year here and recently ran across this thread. I don't usually go on SDN often but do answer PMs/questions applicants typically have. If any of you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Reactions: 2 users
If I remember correctly, the portal is of little/no use post acceptance. If you're concerned, a quick polite email or phone call should confirm that everything is fine/received appropriately. Keep in mind that there's a ton of applicants and sometimes things move slowly. The admissions office was always exceptionally helpful and polite when I interacted with them, and they do answer email within a day or two.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Thanks!

For those of us who interviewed on Dec 20, we should be finding out tomorrow correct? It will mark 8 weeks!

I just got an II today! I was complete in late July, OOS, LM=69. I never sent them any updates, I assumed I got a silent rejection a while ago haha.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow NYMC way to troll us with that post-interview survey

Reactions: 4 users
Hey so someone PMd saying that if I've heard nothing then that means I'm still being considered. I interviewed Dec 20, it's been exactly 8 weeks and they claim I should at least know something. Anyone else same boat?

4th year student here at NYMC willing to answer any questions/DMs you may have. Just a heads up that the pre-clinical curriculum (1st 2 years) has continued to evolve throughout my time here, so my information regarding that will be outdated and/or secondhand. Good luck to everyone!

Hey so someone PMd saying that if I've heard nothing then that means I'm still being considered. I interviewed Dec 20, it's been exactly 8 weeks and they claim I should at least know something. Anyone else same boat?
Based on the trend over the past couple months, I think NYMC has been sending a wave of decisions about once a month around the third Wednesday of the month which is tomorrow so maybe give it a couple days and then give them a call

Welp, the next wave is coming soon. Just want to wish you all the best of luck!

Hopefully we'll all get in and be classmates :highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
Based on the trend over the past couple months, I think NYMC has been sending a wave of decisions about once a month around the third Wednesday of the month which is tomorrow so maybe give it a couple days and then give them a call
I must, with great anxiety, say I think I will be next week. Simply because this falls closer to the actual dates from last year (feb 23rd ish).

Last edited:
Anyone know if NYMC is still sending out IIs? I called in and they said their last interview week is first week of April...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those of us who interviewed on Dec 20, we should be finding out tomorrow correct? It will mark 8 weeks!

I found out in the last wave and interviewed that date! Maybe try calling?

Anyone interview 0n 01/30 that has heard back yet? Thanks!

Yesterday I received an email from them requesting unofficial transcripts from this year... Anyone else get this message? Why would they ask for them this late in the game if they are not considering an invite?

Yesterday I received an email from them requesting unofficial transcripts from this year... Anyone else get this message? Why would they ask for them this late in the game if they are not considering an invite?
Ironic considering I emailed them asking how I should submit my transcripts from the last semester and they didn't respond.

Ironic considering I emailed them asking how I should submit my transcripts from the last semester and they didn't respond.

Thats very annoying Im sorry. They asked me to email them directly to an individuals email. PM me if you would like it and you can just send it there.

I'm sure they're still inviting, if you look at past years plenty go out well into March.

Reactions: 2 users
It's possible some of us will hear back in 2 days!

Funny part is that if that's true your decision has already been made, and it's just sitting there until it gets send out.

looks like the next wave is this week. Good luck guys.