2016-2017 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II come out today? I didn't get an update e-mail last week but just got one a few minutes ago.
Yeah, I got an update today after not getting one last week too. Nothing new though :/ Fingers crossed more interviews come out soon

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptance Letter!!! BEST DAY EVER!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!!! Got the phone call of my life last week! Letter not received yet (southern LA), but should come soon.

Shreveport is awesome. Everyone who interviewed me could not have been more pleasant. Both of my interviews went over the typical 30-minute time block, and I didn't even notice! Chances are, you'll settle on an interesting topic of conversation and it will roll along organically from there. If you have any questions about the interview process, feel free to PM me.

Med school is a tough four years, but it really seems like this place is not out to get you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Last Thursday I received a call from Dr. Kennedy. It's been a long journey getting in. This was my third time applying, so I'm kinda happy, I guess.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Last Thursday I received a call from Dr. Kennedy. It's been a long journey getting in. This was my third time applying, so I'm kinda happy, I guess.

Congratulations to you and everyone! Persistence is key. We're all going to be such amazing future docs!

Still waiting to hear back something after interviewing 2 weeks ago. Getting anxious

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Any RD interview invites yet? When should those start rolling out?

Reactions: 1 user
I got a letter today saying I have been rolled over from ED to RD. Does anyone know if that's basically a rejection? Or is there any chance of getting an II as a RD applicant?

I got a letter today saying I have been rolled over from ED to RD. Does anyone know if that's basically a rejection? Or is there any chance of getting an II as a RD applicant?

I would think you are still in the running. They only have a set amount of slots for ED.

To those that were Accepted ED Congrats !!!

Would you mind sharing your stats and Ec's ?

Thanks so much

Still waiting on a response from my interview on 8/25. No issues were raised about my application or experiences. Improved my stats significantly since I applied ED in 2014, in which I also interviewed. Anyone else still waiting?

Members don't see this ad :)
To those that were Accepted ED Congrats !!!

Would you mind sharing your stats and Ec's ?

Thanks so much

Engineering, GPA 3.6
MCAT: 500
EC: Hospice volunteer, 200+ hours shadowing, NSF REU, undergraduate research assistant, officer in campus organizations, other volunteer stuff.

#prettyaverage lol

Accepted ED. 3.7 GPA, 503 MCAT

II today. List of dates to choose from, looks like every Tuesday from Oct 18th through early Dec.

II here as well. Seems like they sent out a huge amount at once. Good luck to all!

II on 10/7! Mcat: 509 cGPA: 3.67 confirmed interview date early November!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Im sorry if this is an ignorant question but are there any differences between New Orleans and Shreveport's curriculum? Can someone help me out please?

Not sure about the curriculum but Shreveport seems a little pickier about LA residency than New Orleans does.

Anyone have an idea if Shreve is giving out II in chronological order of application complete or by highest to lowest MCAT?

Anyone have an idea if Shreve is giving out II in chronological order of application complete or by highest to lowest MCAT?

I don't think it's based on order of completion, but that is just based on my experience. My app was complete in early September. Got II on 10/7, and I'm interviewing tomorrow 10/18.

Accepted! Got the call this evening.

Interview on Tuesday. Any advice? Questions? How long did it take to get your acceptance call from the interview?

Interview on Tuesday. Any advice? Questions? How long did it take to get your acceptance call from the interview?

Breathe. Relax. I did more damage to myself by stressing out. Interviewed Tuesday and got the acceptance call last night

Does anyone who's been admitted already know what the next step is?

Does anyone who's been admitted already know what the next step is?

There was a series of instructions in the letter the sent. The main things were submitting transcripts when called upon, and not doing anything toon stupid or egregious to have your offer revoked.

Does anyone know when AAMC is supposed to be emailing us about the transcripts, drug test, and CBC? I had an old email on my AAMC that I just now updated so I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything.

Does anyone know when AAMC is supposed to be emailing us about the transcripts, drug test, and CBC? I had an old email on my AAMC that I just now updated so I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything.

I got an email about the CBC a couple months ago, but I did ED. You just put in your info and they'll contact you when your check is done and either send it off to the school or you have something like 10 days to dispute anything that comes up. And from what I've heard, I think they won't really be worried about transcripts or drug tests until closer to the spring.

Are updates accepted via e-mail or snail mail only? Need to send final grades from fall semester.

Kinda crazy how completely dead this thread is compared to pretty much every other school's in the country