2016-2017 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah it's really strange. Still haven't seen an II in a while for here.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They might be booked up for a while. Fall interviews were mostly scheduled from one bulk email with all their dates October-December. Maybe they did the same thing for the spring

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I got a II a while back interviewing on January 24th. Any pointers?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I got a II a while back interviewing on January 24th. Any pointers?
I interviewed on Tuesday and it was very easygoing! Everyone seemed like they were there to help and no one asked tricky questions. Just be yourself

3.6/502. Nothing but the usual updates. I've never met Kennedy--have I screwed myself by not making the face-to-face connection?

3.6/502. Nothing but the usual updates. I've never met Kennedy--have I screwed myself by not making the face-to-face connection?

How would you have ever met face to face without receiving an interview invite? I would think your main issue would be a below average MCAT score.

How would you have ever met face to face without receiving an interview invite? I would think your main issue would be a below average MCAT score.

@centerj14 ..thanks for your reply. I obviously wasn't referring to an interview but rather the pre-submission meeting a lot of applicants do with Kennedy which I wasn't able to do this past year. But, I appreciate your feedback about the MCAT score.

never heard of a "pre-submission" meeting with the assistant dean. I have read about people meeting with him post application cycle to get feedback on what is weak with their app. Where did you hear about this pre meeting?

Does anyone know the average new mcat score for last years class?

Does anyone know if LSUS holds late interview spots (April interviews, maybe?) for students that Dr. Kennedy sends to Mississippi College? I've heard that from a lot of my classmates but I also know of plenty current classmates (some with lower MC GPA's or MCAT scores) that already have interviews scheduled. I'm starting to get worried I'm not going to get an interview even though I had a very good meeting with Dr. Kennedy last year and even received an interview last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if LSUS holds late interview spots (April interviews, maybe?) for students that Dr. Kennedy sends to Mississippi College? I've heard that from a lot of my classmates but I also know of plenty current classmates (some with lower MC GPA's or MCAT scores) that already have interviews scheduled. I'm starting to get worried I'm not going to get an interview even though I had a very good meeting with Dr. Kennedy last year and even received an interview last cycle.
I'm in the same spot as you. Interviewed late last year, no interview yet this year. 3.8s, 510. Idk what is going on.

Well I'm about to release my spot. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user

Seems like they sent out a bunch of rejection letters last week. Unfortunately I got one of them. It's super frustrating to not even have the chance to interview after interviewing last year.

Seems like they sent out a bunch of rejection letters last week. Unfortunately I got one of them. It's super frustrating to not even have the chance to interview after interviewing last year.
They don't normally let people interview more than once. They mostly look at the reapplicant part of the secondary and see the noteworthy new things you've done. From what I've been told.

They don't normally let people interview more than once. They mostly look at the reapplicant part of the secondary and see the noteworthy new things you've done. From what I've been told.

Wow, I've never heard that before.

Wow, I've never heard that before.
Like instead of doing a complete reinterview, they could just talk over the phone with you or something. They said it's because the interview process is the same every year or something to that effect

Reactions: 1 user
Like instead of doing a complete reinterview, they could just talk over the phone with you or something. They said it's because the interview process is the same every year or something to that effect

Interesting. I'm going to meet with Dr. Kennedy in a couple of months so I guess I'll see if that's the case then.

Heard from the grapevine that LSU Shv's class is full. They interviewed for waitlist spots last week. Possibly sending out rejections tomorrow.

Heard from the grapevine that LSU Shv's class is full. They interviewed for waitlist spots last week. Possibly sending out rejections tomorrow.

Technically, every medical school class must be full by March 15. Some people that have been accepted by Shreveport may have multiple offers, so they may go to another school but they are still holding a spot in Shreveport's class.

Does anyone know if the class is full or are they still interviewing?

Does anyone know if the class is full or are they still interviewing?
I'm not sure if they are still interviewing but I just got accepted from the acceptable list this week

Reactions: 1 users
Engineering, GPA 3.6
MCAT: 500
EC: Hospice volunteer, 200+ hours shadowing, NSF REU, undergraduate research assistant, officer in campus organizations, other volunteer stuff.

#prettyaverage lol
Were you IS or OOS?

So, Dr Kennedy jokingly mentioned to our interview group that the waitlist was going to be alphabetical. I just looked at the incoming Facebook group and 10 of the 14 members added this week are A through F. This almost seems a little too weighted to be random. Can anyone confirm they came off the waitlist in the last week and are ABCDE or F. Alternatively, did anyone from after F come off the waitlist in the last week or so? Please post first initial of last name and date you came off the waitlist. Thanks!