2017-2018 Louisiana State University - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please post if anyone hears anything about more interview invites being sent out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to you all that have been accepted!! That is a wonderful Christmas present! If you all don't mind posting when you interviewed that would be nice. I interview in Dec and I am trying to see if I will find out before the new year if I am accepted or not. Anyways congratulations again to you guys! I hope to see you all this summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you all that have been accepted!! That is a wonderful Christmas present! If you all don't mind posting when you interviewed that would be nice. I interview in Dec and I am trying to see if I will find out before the new year if I am accepted or not. Anyways congratulations again to you guys! I hope to see you all this summer!
I interviewed on Halloween

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have an idea of when they'll send out more interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if there's an Auto cut for the MCAT and if so any idea on what it is ?

I'm under the impression that there is no "auto-cut" MCAT score. I know from hearing Dr. Kennedy talk that the MCAT is not the most important thing in the adcom's eyes. In fact, he's told me that if he could do away with the MCAT, he would. Obviously do as best as you can, but other factors such as GPA, experience, and your essays and Rec letters weigh just as much if not more heavily as the MCAT. Shreveport admits some of the lowest MCAT scores for a U.S. MD school, but consistently places their students in some of the most sought after fields/residencies in the country, and they know this. So to them, in my opinion, the MCAT shows no correlation between how successful you will be in med school (and after) with how high you scored on your MCAT. That being said, the MCAT can hold you out, but it's not the end-all be-all factor.

Reactions: 5 users
For those accepted, does anyone have an idea when we will need to begin our finical aid paperwork through FAFSA??

For those accepted, does anyone have an idea when we will need to begin our finical aid paperwork through FAFSA??

You can start after the first of the year.

If you are also accepted/waiting acceptance for other programs, you an include up to 10 potential schools on the form.

The FAFSA for Medical Schools is poorly designed, so if you have any questions, you can call the financial aid office at the Med school and they can help you out.

(FYI I stole this info off this thread Filling out the FAFSA for medical school)
Its a thread from 2014 so things may have changed.

It wont let me post the Link in regards to FAFSA info for medical schools, but if you google "FAFSA Medical School", it should be the first link.

Has anyone heard anything about when more interview invites will be sent out?

Did anybody from 12/5 hear back yet?! From what Dr. Kennedy said we should be hearing back this week and the wait is killing me

I interviewed yesterday. We were told the committee meets tomorrow and then letters will be signed and sent out on Friday (12-15)

Reactions: 3 users
In a follow up to my question, I called Financial Aid at the end of last week and was told that you can go ahead and start working on your FAFSA stuff now. There is a lot to the process and it was suggested to begin early.

The link below is the Financial Aid's corner of the LSUHSC-Shreveport website that has all the information you might need and/or be looking for. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
In a follow up to my question, I called Financial Aid at the end of last week and was told that you can go ahead and start working on your FAFSA stuff now. There is a lot to the process and it was suggested to begin early.

The link below is the Financial Aid departments corner of the LSUHSC-Shreveport website that has all the information you might need and or be looking for. Hope this helps.

Due to a peculiar SDN requirement, I am posting this reply in between the link as stated above.

Received my acceptance letter today! Best Christmas present ever! Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all one day

Reactions: 5 users
Received my acceptance letter today! Best Christmas present ever! Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all one day
Congrats!! I just got mine too! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my application today, hope my spot will help someone else.

Does anyone know when the next wave of interviews is being sent out?

I GOT ACCEPTED TO MEDICAL SCHOOL GUYS!!!!:soexcited:

Congratulations to everyone else and to those waiting to hear back in regards to interviews or acceptances your blessing is next!!! Happy New Year Everyone!!!!:)

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all, I submitted my LSU New Orleans and Shreveport secondaries on the same day. I already had my interview at LSU New Orleans, and got an acceptance from them. Yet I'm hearing crickets from LSU Shreveport. Can someone please explain to me how that happens??

What were the available dates?
Tuesday, January 16 Tuesday, February 6 Tuesday, March 6

Tuesday, January 23 Tuesday, February 20 Tuesday, March 13

Tuesday, January 30 Tuesday, February 27 Tuesday, March 20

Tuesday, January 16 Tuesday, February 6 Tuesday, March 6

Tuesday, January 23 Tuesday, February 20 Tuesday, March 13

Tuesday, January 30 Tuesday, February 27 Tuesday, March 20
Thanks! And congrats!!

Hello all, I submitted my LSU New Orleans and Shreveport secondaries on the same day. I already had my interview at LSU New Orleans, and got an acceptance from them. Yet I'm hearing crickets from LSU Shreveport. Can someone please explain to me how that happens??

Shreveport kinda does stuff on their own time. There is no real rhyme or reason to when they give interviews. Stay patient!

I wonder if the interviews that were scheduled for today are still happening even if the school is closed bc of snow?

Has anyone that interviewed on 12/30 or 12/23 gotten a phone call? Seems from reading the thread some people get calls and some people don’t hear until the letter arrives? Thanks!

I know a few people who got their acceptance letters from shreve yesterday. Anyone on here?

I got put on the acceptable list. But I'm still staying optimistic and hoping and praying that after April 30th, tons of Shreveport spots being held will open up!

I got put on the acceptable list. But I'm still staying optimistic and hoping and praying that after April 30th, tons of Shreveport spots being held will open up!
Yess stay positive!! I’m trying too

Have all invitations been sent out? I got one for LSU-NO but not LSU-S. Maybe they just skipped over me...

Have all invitations been sent out? I got one for LSU-NO but not LSU-S. Maybe they just skipped over me...
Same here, I gave up trying to understand how Shreveport gives out interviews

anyone know when the last interview invites went out?

anyone know when the last interview invites went out?

If they're doing it the same way they did it last year, all the interview invitations for January through the end of the cycle were sent out in December.

If they're doing it the same way they did it last year, all the interview invitations for January through the end of the cycle were sent out in December.

I called today and was told they are still sending out interview invites. i think they are behind this year, as many people have said

I called today and was told they are still sending out interview invites. i think they are behind this year, as many people have said

That's good. I'm already done with Shreveport in this cycle, I just wanted to share my experience with them last year. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone who interviewed in the past few weeks heard back? I heard people from the waitlist are getting rejection letters so I hope the class is not full yet.

a few people i know got phone calls yesterday for an interview invite

a few people i know got phone calls yesterday for an interview invite
Oh wow wasn’t included in that :/

Do you know when their interviews are scheduled for?

Last edited:
Oh wow wasn’t included in that :/

Do you know when their interviews are scheduled for?

I’m thinking it may of been to fill a spot for a person that decided to not go to their interview. It was really short notice, like less than 24 hour notice for one and a weekish for another