2016-2017 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does the completion email look like? I only have an email saying:

Thank you for submitting your on-line application to The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Is that it or is there something else? Submitted everything on my end 07/13 and got this 07/14.

Reactions: 1 user
What does the completion email look like? I only have an email saying:

Thank you for submitting your on-line application to The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Is that it or is there something else? Submitted everything on my end 07/13 and got this 07/14.
Something else. It starts with confirmation of complete application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Johns Hopkins,

Please stop sending out IIs and forgetting to put me on the email. I know you don't mean it.

Sincerely, your biggest fan

Reactions: 4 users
Application complete in portal on 7/26. Completion email 8/3.
Congrats on your II! I submitted my secondary 7/20 but still haven't received a complete email (all items on portal have been marked as submitted since 7/20). Will call the school to see what's going on

Last edited:
Congrats!! What dates did they give you for interview?

Thanks!
I was assigned September 1 in the invite email; there is no "available interview date(s)" calendar, but I think if you have a conflict with the assigned date you can email them. I want to say that they give about 2 weeks notice for the interview.

Thanks!
I was assigned September 1 in the invite email; there is no "available interview date(s)" calendar, but I think if you have a conflict with the assigned date you can email them. I want to say that they give about 2 weeks notice for the interview.

I received an II last night as well for the same date as you! LizzyM 75

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your II! I submitted my secondary 7/20 but still haven't received a complete email (all items on portal have been marked as submitted since 7/20). Will call the school to see what's going on
I submitted mine on the 12th and it wasnt complete until 8/9

Thanks!

Have you received any sort of confirmation from the person we were supposed to email to confirm our interview day? I still have yet to receive one...

For those who were also accepted, when you emailed them to accept your date how quickly did they get back to you?

Still not complete and its been over a month...? this is pretty much the only school so i know that they at least have access to my LOR's.

Still not complete and its been over a month...? this is pretty much the only school so i know that they at least have access to my LOR's.

For me it took them a while too to say they got my LOR's, I think about 2-3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to receive a secondary after you submitted your app to JH?

II!!!! I can't believe it...is this real?!?!

Reactions: 1 users
When do they send out rejections I was complete in July but nothing. I wish they would at least send a rejection so I know lol.

LizzyM~75, complete on portal 8/9

did you ever get a completion email???

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should be concerned, having submitted the secondary/having all of my letters done in early august but only ever getting a "Thankyou for submission of your secondary application" type email.

Anyone else have any input?

did you ever get a completion email???

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should be concerned, having submitted the secondary/having all of my letters done in early august but only ever getting a "Thankyou for submission of your secondary application" type email.

Anyone else have any input?
Yea my completion email came about 3 days after it was complete on the portal.

For those of you that have interviewed already, is there a place to store our luggage when we get there?

When do they send out rejections I was complete in July but nothing. I wish they would at least send a rejection so I know lol.
The first round of rejections, acceptances, and wait-list updates go out mid December.

Hey all, quick question regarding the completion email.
I submitted my secondary application 07/28/2016, with my LOR and everything else included. However, my portal says I was completed 9/13/2016. I understand it could have taken awhile to process my materials. But, it is a bit disconcerting. Should I not pay attention to the completion date or did I make an error when submitting? Thanks in advance.

Hey all, quick question regarding the completion email.
I submitted my secondary application 07/28/2016, with my LOR and everything else included. However, my portal says I was completed 9/13/2016. I understand it could have taken awhile to process my materials. But, it is a bit disconcerting. Should I not pay attention to the completion date or did I make an error when submitting? Thanks in advance.

For the past two years, it often took over a month for people to be marked as complete (myself included). I wouldn't worry about it!

Deleted because my question was resolved! :)

Last edited:
Finnallyyyyyyy got complete email after submitting the middle of July ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we please stop with the dots.
I think that's what people do when they want to delete their comment because you can't delete comments but you can edit thwm. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's what people do when they want to delete their comment because you can't delete comments but you can edit thwm. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think @Iwannaknow may have been referring to the fact that the user seemed to delete posts/post dots on multiple threads within a short span of time (I got notifications from 7 different threads that all turned out to be dots).

I think @Iwannaknow may have been referring to the fact that the user seemed to delete posts/post dots on multiple threads within a short span of time (I got notifications from 7 different threads that all turned out to be dots).
It seems like people have been doing them for the purpose of watching a thread, as opposed to the whole delete thing.

At the top of each page (below the title and above the page#), there is a button that says 'watch thread'. Click that, and it keeps you updated on the threads you are interested in.

Reactions: 1 users
After how long would it be a good time to call the school about having received my LORs? I submitted the secondary about a month ago, but other people on this thread have mentioned similar wait times for being marked complete so I don't want to be a bother if their process is already working.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted end of Agust and still not complete. Should I just withdraw and take it as they aren't going to review my application?