2016-2017 Johns Hopkins University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,
I'm a little confused as to if I have met the humanities pre med requirements of 24 hours. My AMCAS application has been verified and shows 15 hours for "all other" courses. The number of actual humanities courses I've taken is 7 (met 3 hours per week for 4 months). I've read on some Johns Hopkins pre professional sites that only recommend 2 English courses and 2 extra social science courses :)//studentaffairs.jhu.edu/preprofadvising/pre-medhealth/advising/pre-medical-requirements/). I guess I'm confused whether my 15 hours is enough or number of courses is enough or neither, haha.

What "actual humanities courses" did AMCAS classify under BCPM to leave only 15 hours in AO? Like which of those 7 classes did AMCAS agree were humanities vs sciences?

Members don't see this ad.

None actually. All 7 are in one of the following classifications: BESS, SSTU, ENGL, PHIL. I do notice that my last semester of classes (fourth year) has no semester hours recorded... Probably because I haven't actually graduated yet? This semester has two humanities courses in it which would add another 6 hours? Leaving me at 21 hours?
What "actual humanities courses" did AMCAS classify under BCPM to leave only 15 hours in AO? Like which of those 7 classes did AMCAS agree were humanities vs sciences?

None actually. All 7 are in one of the following classifications: BESS, SSTU, ENGL, PHIL. I do notice that my last semester of classes (fourth year) has no semester hours recorded... Probably because I haven't actually graduated yet? This semester has two humanities courses in it which would add another 6 hours? Leaving me at 21 hours?
If those 15 hours are all the non-BCPM classes you have right now and you have another 6 planned then yeah, you're going to end up just shy of the requirement. You'd have to add one more.

It's pretty weird to have 7 classes only counting for 15 hours though, usually 7 classes is 21 hours?

Thank you! Damn yeah I was worried about that friggen requirement. I always thought 7 humanities courses would meet any requirement but not JH I guess haha. And yeah you are right about the 21 hours but for some reason my most recent semester wasn't counted for its hours and that semester has two humanities courses of the seven I took (which would give me the extra 6 hours to give 21 hours total).
If those 15 hours are all the non-BCPM classes you have right now and you have another 6 planned then yeah, you're going to end up just shy of the requirement. You'd have to add one more.

It's pretty weird to have 7 classes only counting for 15 hours though, usually 7 classes is 21 hours?