2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called them today and they said my file has been looked at TWICE with no decision. Like you obviously like me, just give me the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
If there are any current Howard students on here, do you know if people work while enrolled full-time to like... pay bills and eat and such
No one ever works. That's very very rare. Students take out living loans, approximately 22k a year, depending on where you go to school, to live. I'm not a Howard student, but that seems to be the case for what students do at all of the schools I interviewed at, and all of the friends that I have in med school now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,
Has anyone received any information from financial aid? I was told they would be sending out emails soon but I have not received anything yet.

Just received out of committee email, interviewed in Jan

I called them today and they said my file has been looked at TWICE with no decision. Like you obviously like me, just give me the interview.

You asked them if your file had been looked at? When were you complete? I'm wondering if I should make a call too lol

If you get through to them let us know because I've been calling since September

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I called on the posted hours. First time went to voicemail. Gave it a minute tried again and got through.
I just wanted an update and she said filed has been loked at twice. No idea if that's good or bad. Probably bad sine they seemed to have OVERLOOKED me. lol

I called on the posted hours. First time went to voicemail. Gave it a minute tried again and got through.
I just wanted an update and she said filed has been loked at twice. No idea if that's good or bad. Probably bad sine they seemed to have OVERLOOKED me. lol

Ha I've tried doing what you did but I've been unsuccessful so far I guess i will keep trying until I finally get ahold of them

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I send a LOI before I have been offered an interview?

which number did y'all call? I tried the numbers they posted and goes to voicemail

Hi I plan on applying next cycle and I just got my MCAt score (CARS=124, CHEM=123, BIO=128, Psy=123). Is this good enough for howard or should i retake the MCAT.

Although there have definitely been people accepted with a 498, I wouldn't say it's "good enough" to bank on an acceptance with it. If you can bring that up by atleast 2 points then have good extra curriculars and letters of rec then I think you're chances are pretty decent.
thanks for the response

How long did it take for you all to receive your deposit confirmation?

Going on week 6 and still not out of committee, has anyone else who's interviewed encountered this?

Answer my calls gosh darn it

RIGHT?! I'm starting to think the whole, "we can only speak to two students at a time" line actually means, "we will only speak to two students a day".....lol

I'm tempted to fax them :laugh: lol jk

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to get through using their email?

Just accepted to another MD school.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just accepted to another MD school. Still holding out hope for HU because I don't want to completely uproot.

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

Congrats! And yes, they are.

Going on week 6 and still not out of committee, has anyone else who's interviewed encountered this?

It took exactly 8 weeks after my interview before I got my out of committee email. So hopefully you'll get it in the next two weeks :)

It took exactly 8 weeks after my interview before I got my out of committee email. So hopefully you'll get it in the next two weeks :)

Thank you for responding! I needed to hear that, the wait is killing me lol

Hi all! New to SDN. I can't believe I've never paid attention to these forums. Fingers crossed for an acceptance from this University. :xf:

Hey you mind if I ask what was your mcat score? and did you take it more than once? What did you find the best study resource?

Are they still sending out interview invites? If so, for how much longer?

I just received an interview invite for March 22. Is anyone else interviewing this day and for those who have interviewed what was it like and what type of questions did your interviewer ask. Im trying to prep so I can be as prepared as possible.
When were you complete? Stats? IS/OOS?

I just received an interview invite for March 22. Is anyone else interviewing this day and for those who have interviewed what was it like and what type of questions did your interviewer ask. Im trying to prep so I can be as prepared as possible.
Congratulations!

Hi everyone! I’d like to submit a letter of intent and an additional LOR from a Howard grad, but wasn’t sure who or where to drop those off. I tried e-mailing a few people, but haven’t heard back. Any advice?
E mail the director, Miss Walker. She is good about getting back to you quickly via e mail

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

What is her email?
[email protected]

I would write a very intentful e mail letting her know how highly interested in gaining admission you are. That would probably make her take a look at your profile and if your stats are looking good push it through.

On the flip side she is very direct so be prepared for that too.

[email protected]

I would write a very intentful e mail letting her know how highly interested in gaining admission you are. That would probably make her take a look at your profile and if your stats are looking good push it through.

On the flip side she is very direct so be prepared for that too.

Also do not make it too long go straight to the point. They hate wasted time and try to write in the body of the email and not attach a word document. Good luck!

Also do not make it too long go straight to the point. They hate wasted time and try to write in the body of the email and not attach a word document. Good luck!
I've been trying to call for months now. No answer!! But I just sent the letter of intent. Thanks for your help!!